Search found 185 matches

by Dragono
Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:44 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"
Replies: 7590
Views: 308845

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Same. My thought is it'll just be a remixed Movie 8 + Gogeta with flashbacks to Minus, but I hope that's not the case. I hope it's something fresher than that . You shouldn't or else you end up being disappointed like the previous arc and movie. At the very least I won't be completely disappointed ...
by Dragono
Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:35 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"
Replies: 7590
Views: 308845

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Noah wrote:After decades of speculation to have Tullece as Goku's brother? Nah, that would suck. Goku's having a lost brother could be somewhat interesting, but that would dimish Raditz even more.

I wonder how that was received back in the day?
by Dragono
Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:00 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"
Replies: 7590
Views: 308845

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Did Toriyama ever draw planet Vegeta in the manga? This may be his version He drew it in Minus. And the planet has very organic/primitive rock structures (same as in Episode of Bardock), as opposed to the hi-tech depiction from the Bardock TV special they apparently are going to follow. I really re...
by Dragono
Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:01 am
Forum: Fan-Created Works
Topic: DragonBall Z Abridged
Replies: 11394
Views: 732202

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

sintzu wrote:
KaiserNeko wrote:There's no political message.


I didn't think there was anything political about it but I'm not surprised some think it is as we now live in a time where even funerals are politicized. Great job by the way. :thumbup:

I want a kid again, damnit!!!!
by Dragono
Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:30 am
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"
Replies: 7590
Views: 308845

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

I would not mind how the landscape is portrayed at all but even that is an important thing when it comes to Saiyans these days. The Super Saiyan bargain sale wasn't a thing back in the day because of that. Since Earth's environment is softer, that somehow enabled Goten and Trunks to transform easie...
by Dragono
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:08 pm
Forum: Fan-Created Works
Topic: DragonBall Z Abridged
Replies: 11394
Views: 732202

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

I do believe pacifism in the face of immediate violence when you are the only one able to defend not only yourself, but others, is a failing. But if you disagree, you will of course take issue with Android 16's assessment. My issue with 16's assessment is that it tries to paint pacifism as inherent...
by Dragono
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:04 pm
Forum: Fan-Created Works
Topic: DragonBall Z Abridged
Replies: 11394
Views: 732202

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

We're not trying to fix problems with the series, but we are trying to do is keep consistency within the series itself, and while we parody most scenes, we like to pay homage and send up others. Balancing out the comedy with some form of seriousness helps the longevity, and keeps people invested. I...
by Dragono
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:12 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"
Replies: 7590
Views: 308845

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Just a toss out theory here, anyone else think that Broly is going to be revealed as a genetically mutated Saiyan by Paragus in the attempt to recreate the Ancient Saiyan's (or the Super Saiyan) traits to overthrow King Vegeta and Freeza? Then they were caught and banished by King Vegeta? Broly has...
by Dragono
Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:15 pm
Forum: Fan-Created Works
Topic: DragonBall Z Abridged
Replies: 11394
Views: 732202

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

I think it's easier to accept the direction DBZA has taken when you realized TFS were clearly inspired by Archer, a show that also started as being vulgar take on James Bond, that also became a lot more weighty in its character development as it went on. DBZA is not an official show. Its just abrid...
by Dragono
Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:09 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Is Toei’s Kale supposed to have a crush on Caulifla?
Replies: 46
Views: 1905

Re: Is Toei’s Kale supposed to have a crush on Caulifla?

Toei does magical girl anime, they have that yuri undertone stuff all the time.
by Dragono
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:20 am
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"
Replies: 7590
Views: 308845

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

You claim goku having ssj4 makes up for him being turned into child which did regress his character as well because he started acting like a kid in episode 7 specifically and you ignore the fact that super saiyan 4 was revealed in episode 34 when he was turned into a kid in episode 1 nearly 33 epis...
by Dragono
Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:55 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"
Replies: 7590
Views: 308845

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

You are literally making excuses for GT reusing stuff because most of it never went anywhere or mattered, while complaining about Super not doing anything interesting with the new stuff it added to diminish the fact that it was new stuff which was argument you imposed. You call Frost a clone withou...
by Dragono
Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:54 am
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"
Replies: 7590
Views: 308845

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Nah, this is just fanservice at it's best and from storytelling point it doesn't add anything worth. Dragon Ball Super as a whole does not add much so how the appearance of Gogeta would/could be worse? Don't be silly, mate. We're talking about an animated show that had 131 episodes, even though is ...
by Dragono
Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:55 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"
Replies: 7590
Views: 308845

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

I was reading Nagamine interview about the Movie and he mentions how the tingly feel in the back to turn SSJ comes from Toriyama. I found it weird this wasn't in the manga, because it always felt like such a big thing to come out from Toei and I guess I was right. Maybe it would be fine to keep the...
by Dragono
Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:41 am
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"
Replies: 7590
Views: 308845

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

My point stands: it's a Super film, make music for it and leave Z shit behind. But that's a moot point since Broly is the focus this time around so any real attempt at a new direction was dead a long time ago. Fuck, might as well fire Sumitomo and just recycle Kikuchi for extra pandering points. An...
by Dragono
Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:33 am
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"
Replies: 7590
Views: 308845

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

My point stands: it's a Super film, make music for it and leave Z shit behind. But that's a moot point since Broly is the focus this time around so any real attempt at a new direction was dead a long time ago. Fuck, might as well fire Sumitomo and just recycle Kikuchi for extra pandering points. Yo...
by Dragono
Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:25 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Who do you think are Toriyama's least favorite characters?
Replies: 36
Views: 822

Re: Who do you think are Toriyama's least favorite characters?

I don't think Toriyama has characters he necessarily dislikes, but more-so has characters that he can't really think of a way to involve in the plot that would interest him personally, so he just doesn't use them. Tournament of power has shown me why he retired some of these guys and hwy conception...
by Dragono
Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:21 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Have you ever met anyone who liked minus
Replies: 12
Views: 424

Have you ever met anyone who liked minus

i just had a conversation with one.
by Dragono
Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:57 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: There is one criticism of super I will never agree with
Replies: 32
Views: 1324

Re: There is one criticism of super I will never agree with

kudo6000 wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:There is a reason why there were so many popular fan-theories such as "Grand Priest is evil!" or "Future Zeno is Zamasu!”


I know that last one was probably just an example, but I couldn’t even begin to grasp any sense that’d make.

We had Goten black as a theory.
by Dragono
Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:50 am
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: There is one criticism of super I will never agree with
Replies: 32
Views: 1324

Re: There is one criticism of super I will never agree with

Because tournaments are lazy and boring. Tournaments are just an excuse to avoid writing a gripping and elaborate plot and introduce a well-written and captivating villain. How could anyone find tournaments entertaining? There is hardly any tension, everyone knows that the -antagonist- cannot kill ...

Go to advanced search