Search found 4081 matches

by DNA
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:46 am
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: What to do about Yamcha's characterization? Be Peaceful.
Replies: 36
Views: 667

Re: What to do about Yamcha's characterization? Be Peaceful.

He went there to fight the Saiyans. He knew very well that he could die, but he went anyway. Which means he was willing to risk his life for others. That fact doesn't change just because he was arrogant and cocky with the saibamen. He was willing to fight the Saiyans no matter the odds. Yet he assu...
by DNA
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:37 am
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: What to do about Yamcha's characterization? Be Peaceful.
Replies: 36
Views: 667

Re: What to do about Yamcha's characterization? Be Peaceful.

He intentionally gave his life by showing his back and getting a big explosive hug. Does that sound like a sacrifice for the greater good? Him being there and willing to fight a deadly enemy (which he didn't have to) means he's ready to sacrifice his life for the greater good. That he was caught by...
by DNA
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:28 am
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: What to do about Yamcha's characterization? Be Peaceful.
Replies: 36
Views: 667

Re: What to do about Yamcha's characterization? Be Peaceful.

And he did so by being a cocky fool and turning his back on his opponent. Such noble death. What does any of that got to do with what I wrote, or the actual argument? You can be a "cocky fool" and be willing to sacrifice your life. The two aren't mutually exclusive. He intentionally gave ...
by DNA
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:12 am
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: What to do about Yamcha's characterization? Be Peaceful.
Replies: 36
Views: 667

Re: What to do about Yamcha's characterization? Be Peaceful.

Luso Saiyan wrote:
ABED wrote:Calling it a sacrifice is implying that Yamcha gave his life intentionally.


And he didn't? He was willing to fight a lethal opponent and therefore risk his life doing it.

And he did so by being a cocky fool and turning his back on his opponent. Such noble death.
by DNA
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:45 am
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: What to do about Yamcha's characterization? Be Peaceful.
Replies: 36
Views: 667

Re: What to do about Yamcha's characterization? Be Peaceful.

Calling it a sacrifice is implying that Yamcha gave his life intentionally. He was killed by a monster who was stronger and willing to sacrifice himself to kill his enemy. It's not like when Goku gave his life intentionally to stop Raditz or Cell. Not to mention that the only reason the Saibaiman g...
by DNA
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:35 am
Forum: Video Games
Topic: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread
Replies: 12258
Views: 1009451

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

You didnt read my post very well. I said we cant really compare them all when the three media are doing their own thing. Powerscaling is absurd and fluctuates between the media, so someone is going to argue the manga is 'canon' while others the anime or the game, and then it gets messy because in t...
by DNA
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:20 am
Forum: Video Games
Topic: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread
Replies: 12258
Views: 1009451

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

You didnt read my post very well. I said we cant really compare them all when the three media are doing their own thing. Powerscaling is absurd and fluctuates between the media, so someone is going to argue the manga is 'canon' while others the anime or the game, and then it gets messy because in t...
by DNA
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:40 am
Forum: Video Games
Topic: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread
Replies: 12258
Views: 1009451

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

I'm not confortable seeing anyone being more powerful than Vegetto, especially in such a high form as Super Saiyan 4. then how you've managed to get through Heroes up to this point where characters just constantly escalate with no sign of slowing down is beyond me. Power levels in heroes work like ...
by DNA
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:31 am
Forum: Video Games
Topic: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread
Replies: 12258
Views: 1009451

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

I'm not confortable seeing anyone being more powerful than Vegetto, especially in such a high form as Super Saiyan 4.
by DNA
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:52 am
Forum: Video Games
Topic: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread
Replies: 12258
Views: 1009451

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

I'm surprised they never did any absorbing forms for Fat Buu. Kid Buu got some new forms by absorbing other people, but Fat Buu never did. True, and there is a special Dragon Ball SD what-if chapter where we actually see Good Majin Buu absorbing other characters and his face morphs into the person ...
by DNA
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:33 am
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Dragon Ball SD Tankobon
Replies: 0
Views: 48

Dragon Ball SD Tankobon

Hey guys, Viz isn't picking DBSD at all, right?
Although Germany, France and Spain are releasing it. Any other countries have it? I would struggle with French, but could go for the Spanish, but it seems it stopped after volume 3, which is a shame.
by DNA
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:00 am
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: Alternate Instances - Trunks Edition
Replies: 0
Views: 64

Alternate Instances - Trunks Edition

So let's see, now with so many stories that dabble with time travel and alternate timelines, there's a whole lot of different instances of characters. Some barely differ, others are wildly different. The way Xenoverse works leads me to believe that as long as timelines differ only slightly, time jus...
by DNA
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:58 am
Forum: Fan-Created Works
Topic: Fanmanga - another DBAF
Replies: 1090
Views: 216330

Re: Fanmanga - another DBAF

L·Lawliet wrote:
macho_man wrote:
Battousai89 wrote:Love that this is continuing! Any news on english scan translation for DBAF Vol. 19?

Thanks everyone! ^_^


In progress... :wink:


hello, when will you share it ? :P

When it's done?
by DNA
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:05 am
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: Inconsistencies within the manga
Replies: 32
Views: 746

Inconsistencies within the manga

So there are some inconsistencies even within the manga, the two I know from the top of my head are Trunks saying that #19 and #20 are the artificial humans that rampaged in the future and Cell announcing the Cell Game at May 17. Now we all know that the ones who attacked are actually #17 and #18 an...
by DNA
Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:47 pm
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: Goku & Friends Return - Still canon?
Replies: 9
Views: 285

Re: Goku & Friends Return - Still canon?

Yep, that timeline does not refer to the events of Tarble OVA and as you yourself said, it is a promotional thing. Does it really need to be taken that serious? It seems to be that timeline is no different from that one that showed AGES for the events months ago (the one that mixed Dragon Ball Supe...
by DNA
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:36 pm
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: Goku & Friends Return - Still canon?
Replies: 9
Views: 285

Re: Goku & Friends Return - Still canon?

Well the biggest issue was created right at the start of Super. You see Goku & Friends takes place roughly two years after the final battle with Buu. Now this was fine when BoG came out because no strict date was set in the movie so we all rightly assumed it took place some time afterwards. How...
by DNA
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:56 am
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: Goku & Friends Return - Still canon?
Replies: 9
Views: 285

Re: Goku & Friends Return - Still canon?

"Canon" is an iffy thing in this franchise. Been here since 2006, I'm well aware. Also, that's not specifically what I asked. There now exists the closest thing we have to a canonical timeline, it follows the original manga and the Super manga. It bothers me if Goku & Friends no longe...
by DNA
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:30 am
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: Goku & Friends Return - Still canon?
Replies: 9
Views: 285

Goku & Friends Return - Still canon?

At this point I'm rather confused, as far as I know Goku & Friends return does not conflict with anything, it's set between Majin Buu's defeat and the appearance of Beerus. But does it still have a place in this new "timeline wall"? During Dragon Ball Super it seemed that everyone was ...
by DNA
Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:08 am
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Anyone Miss When the Arcs Used to Connect Swiftly?
Replies: 29
Views: 1236

Re: Anyone Miss When the Arcs Used to Connect Swiftly?

GT also had that problem, No? Didn't the Movie A Hero's Legacy (set many decades after the death of Baby) first air in Japan before the Super 17 arc even started? So everyone already knew that Super 17 and Omega Shenron would eventually lose. I disagree, that one doesn't really count. It's set 100 ...
by DNA
Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:57 pm
Forum: Fan-Created Works
Topic: "Official" Fan Manga thread
Replies: 0
Views: 164

"Official" Fan Manga thread

Ok, so this is all the information I managed to collect on what the authors of side and spin off manga have made: Ooishi Naho - New Gadget Super Lovers - Some parody, slightly lewd short comics - Goku and Friends Return adaptation - Episode of Bardock adaptation - Dragon Ball SD Toyotaru - Dragon Ba...

Go to advanced search