Members: How old are you?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dotogam
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Members: How old are you?

Post by Dotogam » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:13 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:You have to be 13 or older to join web forums on the Internet or you will be banned unless Mike or the site staff got approve by from a parent or guardian. It's a law after all.
Really? I didn't see an age restriction in the forum rules.
How I relax, crawling into bed with my laptop and browsing Kanzenshuu.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:12 pm

Dotogam wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:You have to be 13 or older to join web forums on the Internet or you will be banned unless Mike or the site staff got approve by from a parent or guardian. It's a law after all.
It's a law in general.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children' ... ection_Act

Unless the site staff got approval from your parents, the site has to ban anyone under 13. I remember I got banned with my first Gamefaqs on Gamefaqs in 2002 because I was 11 at the time. I was not old enough to join the forums.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:34 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Dotogam wrote:
It's a law in general.

Unless the site staff got approval from your parents, the site has to ban anyone under 13. I remember I got banned with my first Gamefaqs on Gamefaqs in 2002 because I was 11 at the time. I was not old enough to join the forums.
Does that even apply to non-American children, though? I'd assume not. Or is the site owner who's subjected to the law?

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:18 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Does that even apply to non-American children, though? I'd assume not. Or is the site owner who's subjected to the law?
I would assume it only applys to American sites. On a side note I bet there is a lot of people who lied about their age and when the time came it didn't matter.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:19 pm

If the description is accurate, then it is applied to the one that collects personal information from people under 13 age. It doesn't matter if you are a non-American user. If the collected information from you is under US jurisdiction, all the users are abide to this law.

Dotogam
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dotogam » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:52 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Dotogam wrote:
It's a law in general.

oh. Smashboards actually didn't allow me to sign up so I didn't. Kanzenshuu allowed me to sign up.
How I relax, crawling into bed with my laptop and browsing Kanzenshuu.

MostcallmeRay

Post by MostcallmeRay » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:31 am

Been 17 since October. I'm honestly glad that I'm not the youngest here.
Admittedly not so active around here, but may come around to the forums from time to time.

More often on Twitter or Discord.
Twitter link is in profile.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:32 am

31, fan since the original Dragonball and a fan of Akira Toriyama in general outside of the Dragonball series. I prefer his earlier works which were more comedic/slice of life fantasy/adventure based. Dragonball Z was ok for me but turned into a strict Shonen series towards the end and I detested the ridiculous transformations and power levels. Loved GT and that fact that SSJ4 calls back to the Oozaru form. Little Goku and him often doing things such as riding powerballs and spinning poles were clearly a homage to those who enjoyed the original Dragonball sorry and in my opinion a fitting end to the series.

Anyway I know many people's first introduction to Goku and the gang is via DBZ and they don't fully understand or appreciate the other aspects of the Dragonball universe and Akira Toriyama's work in general.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:03 am

23 years old. Dragon Ball is still my favorite franchise, series to watch, play and read to this date.

I love and appreciate the original Dragon Ball, both Anime and Manga. I'm not like one of those mainstream "DeeBeeZee" fans. :lol:
Don't get me wrong I was actually introduced to the whole series with Dragon Ball Z being aired on television in the US and when our local libraries began carrying numerous VHS tapes of DBZ. Regardless, I still find myself starting to watch Dragon Ball once a year or so, and continuing onto the later adaptations of the series, this is the only way I will feel closure on anything. I can't believe how much of the US wasn't exposed to the original material of this vastly popular anime. Honestly it is shocking. I will ask a few friends who like DBZ if they watched the original and they typically will nod "no". One or two of them may have read the Manga in its entirety but in my opinion seeing and reading Dragon Ball is everything.

Funny, when I was in high school I had the vibe from others that I was too old for things like Dragon Ball/Z/GT. I usually laughed it off when I heard this. It's ridiculous some people will generalize Anime as either being Pokemon or the "naughty stuff". They have not a clue. Dragon Ball actually is multi age oriented. It's not really meant for any specific age group. There are elderly folk who showed up to see Resurrection 'F' at the theater.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:48 pm

14 years old.

MrWalnut4
Beyond Newbie

Post by MrWalnut4 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:47 pm

Turning 20 in a little less than two months. I get to enjoy finals as my birthday present. I've also been on the forum for just over a year as of posting this funnily enough.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:27 am

MrWalnut4 wrote:Turning 20 in a little less than two months. I get to enjoy finals as my birthday present. I've also been on the forum for just over a year as of posting this funnily enough.
Tell me about it dude. I can barely fit in time to post on here because of all my STAAR tests I gotta take :lol:

Ohms
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ohms » Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 am

I'm 20 but thanks to my elder siblings I got to experience many cool things from the 90s and 80s
Youtube reviewing channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaFeeso

I am also an editor for the One Pace fan edit project on AP

I usually go by Feeso, my user name is only Ohms here because I couldn't select Feeso for some reason. haha XD

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Fri May 13, 2016 2:55 am

I'm 17 now. It's hard to believe that I've been here 4 years as of today...
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:22 pm

14 as of early May.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:56 pm

I just turned 18 a little under a month ago.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:27 am

Will turn 15 in twelve days.

MetaMoss
Patreon Supporter

Post by MetaMoss » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:10 pm

I turned 20 back in April, and I've been a fan for 18 years now.
"Perfect" is the enemy of the good. True for Cell and true for real life.
Don't forget to slow down and enjoy yourself.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:36 pm

Turned 20 a bit over a week ago.
Ohms wrote:I'm 20 but thanks to my elder siblings I got to experience many cool things from the 90s and 80s
Same here. Due to having older siblings I was able to experience stuff from the 90's and early 2000's like the N64, XBOX, T2 JD, and the PS1 as they came out or when they were still somewhat recent. If they had been the same age as me I would have had to wait until I was older. Actually when I think about it I might not have even ever discovered my favorite things, 90's EDM, DBZ, retro gaming, The Simpsons etc if I hadn't been introduced to 90's pop culture at such an extremely young age.

Raditz

Post by Raditz » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:46 pm

I'm 29 :? :?