Suggestion for Home Video Guide

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Suggestion for Home Video Guide

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:10 pm

For whatever reason I am always drawn to look at the home video guide. Something about having all that information with pictures of the packaging. It's a very helpful guide. But I was thinking about some labor-intensive far-out-in-the-future potential improvements for this section of the site.

I think it would be cool to have a couple of screenshots from each release. Perhaps of the same shot so us users can compare and contrast. I also think it would be pretty cool to have more than just Japan and North America. Obviously this would require the assistance of Kanzenshuu members from around the world, but that's what it's all about right? Oh and little flags next to all the countries. That would be pretty cute... I mean, dope. That would be so dope. Manliness. Beer.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Suggestion for Home Video Guide

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:29 pm

I would like to see a VHS section for the home video guide too since I remember all of the VHS tapes would link up to one big picture if you collect them all.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:16 pm

All of that was kinda my original plan back when it was just DVD singles, and then I got overwhelmed once re-releases started happening. Was gonna detail extras, chapter breaks...

Oh, how plans change! I would love to still get back to it, and we probably will once wiki collaboration enters the fray, but yeah, priority is still on prior existing content pouring and fixing.

Dunno about VHS, though, since there wasn't much in the way of JP on VHS internationally.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:58 pm

Do you plan on ever adding the Japanese LaserDiscs? (I might have asked this before, but I can't remember,)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:55 pm

Yep! Eventually...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:48 pm

Why not a home video guide for home releases outside of Japan and the US? Like DVD's and VHS tapes from the UK, or Australia? I think it would be cool to see what other home video releases of Dragon Ball that where released in other countries.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:16 pm

Maybe once the wiki's up, people can use that and contribute to making it a truly perfect home video guide. All that for one person sounds painful...
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:35 am

I imagine the wiki will work in tandem with the site. With some information being shared between the two. The site being used as a citation for the wiki and the wiki being used as a source of information and content for the site. Not everything of course because that would be redundantly redundant.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:14 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:I imagine the wiki will work in tandem with the site. With some information being shared between the two. The site being used as a citation for the wiki and the wiki being used as a source of information and content for the site. Not everything of course because that would be redundantly redundant.
I imagine a lot of the site's current information could become redundant; like the home video guide or the manga chapter listings.

I imagine that as the wiki fills up, the Kanzenshuu site itself will become more and more news-centric.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:47 pm

But really the wiki will be a part of the site, so it wouldn't be that different. Some of the sections on the site could actually be a page from the wiki.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."