"I Live Here", and It Only Took Me Seven Years

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaboom

Re: "I Live Here", and It Only Took Me Seven Years

Post by Kaboom » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:42 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:Why did you sign up, and what keeps you here? Was it word-of-mouth? The website itself? Or perhaps you were lurking and saw something that you just had to respond to? And in any event, do the friendly staff and shonen atmosphere make you glad you did?
You know, I honestly don't remember how I first discovered Daizenshuu EX something like 6 years ago. I imagine it was just one of the many sources I used for my "great online enlightenment quest" in my fandom's early days, and the knowledge imparted to me by the main website and folks on the forum contributed greatly to it. Some of my earliest posts were just putting up some fanart, too.

The community was no doubt what kept me here, though. Even that long ago I'd had a taste of less friendly forums as well, but this one stood out as a pretty swell place with pretty swell people.
Li'l Lemmy wrote:How do you use this forum, and in what capacity? How is your time spent here integrated into your daily routine? First thing in the morning, or a last look before bed? Do you spend as much time here as you'd like? Not enough, too much?
I guess nowadays, doing mod stuff comprises just as much of my activity as anything else, though. It also usually shapes how I spend my time on the forum; quick, repeated checks throughout the day as long as I'm around my computer. Often times things referenced in the chat room or on Twitter will bring me here, too.
Li'l Lemmy wrote:Where do most of your contributions fall, and why? Do you discuss the series proper, or just news relating to it? Are you a PWRLVL cruncher? Are you waiting for news of a new series? Do you post and putz all over the place, or generally stay confined to one particular subsection?
I'm a little bit of everything, and obviously when duty calls, I dive into and often post wherever reported stuff brings me. But otherwise, my more regular member-ish "contributions" fall almost entirely in the In-Universe and Fanworks departments, since those are my strong points.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

desirecampbell

Re: "I Live Here", and It Only Took Me Seven Years

Post by desirecampbell » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:24 pm

I was just going to link to that thing I did that was all about why I love this place; but I've just realized that that was four years ago.

Shit. A lot has happened since then. (In no particular order) I've moved halfway across the country, got married, and two (and a half) new Dragon Ball specials have been made.
How do you use this forum, and in what capacity? Where do most of your contributions fall, and why?
Life's been hectic so I'm not here as much as I used to, and Kaboom has long since surpassed my post count (I still remember when he first joined), but I still like to poke around to make sure everyone stays civil. I'm usually in Fan-Created Works, and General Franchise Discussion, and Website & Community Discussion.