The New-and-Improved Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gog
I Live Here

Re: The New-and-Improved Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!

Post by Gog » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:08 pm

Nejishiki wrote:If it's worth the thought, would the staff consider removing both user ranks & post counts? It'll no longer be an "issue" for anyone that way.
Perhaps we could have custom ranks like Emperior suggested?

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:27 pm

DBZ Macky wrote:My money's on Kaboom for being the first to get 50,000 posts before 2027. Though he doesn't really post too much nowadays. Perhaps that will change in the future?

Really though, 50,000 posts is a lot. I don't expect anyone to post so much even in a decade's worth of time.
I'm betting Lord Beerus and Gog will be the 2 users that aren't moderators or webmasters to get to the rank beyond Namekian Warrior, whatever it is. I'm sure there's something between Namekian Warrior and Decrepit Old Hermit.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm

floofychan333 wrote:
DBZ Macky wrote:My money's on Kaboom for being the first to get 50,000 posts before 2027. Though he doesn't really post too much nowadays. Perhaps that will change in the future?

Really though, 50,000 posts is a lot. I don't expect anyone to post so much even in a decade's worth of time.
I'm betting Lord Beerus and Gog will be the 2 users that aren't moderators or webmasters to get to the rank beyond Namekian Warrior, whatever it is. I'm sure there's something between Namekian Warrior and Decrepit Old Hermit.
Getting 50,000 is gonna take like 8-14 years. I'd doubt either will be posting at the same rate that they are now. But on the topic, I think post counts should just be gone. There pointless, and can ruin discussion and the occasion. Custom ranks would be neat, but they can lead to stupid stuff.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:36 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
floofychan333 wrote:

Getting 50,000 is gonna take like 8-14 years. I'd doubt either will be posting at the same rate that they are now. But on the topic, I think post counts should just be gone. There pointless, and can ruin discussion and the occasion. Custom ranks would be neat, but they can lead to stupid stuff.
Care to elaborate on why the post count can ruin a discussion
Mostly active on discord.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:14 pm

The gr wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
floofychan333 wrote:
Some people would rather post to add to their post count, rather then the discussion at hand.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:27 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
The gr wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote: Getting 50,000 is gonna take like 8-14 years. I'd doubt either will be posting at the same rate that they are now. But on the topic, I think post counts should just be gone. There pointless, and can ruin discussion and the occasion. Custom ranks would be neat, but they can lead to stupid stuff.
Some people would rather post to add to their post count, rather then the discussion at hand.
ugh "fluff posts" those can easily ruin a thread but you ask yourself this question does it really matter if you have the highest post count

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:42 pm

The gr wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
The gr wrote: Care to elaborate on why the post count can ruin a discussion
ugh "fluff posts" those can easily ruin a thread but you ask yourself this question does it really matter if you have the highest post count
That's why I wouldn't mind if post counts are gone. There a bit detrimental if you ask me.
Side note, dude use some commas. I can excuse bad grammar, or incorrect spelling, but is it really that hard for you to use commas ?

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:51 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
The gr wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote: Some people would rather post to add to their post count, rather then the discussion at hand.
That's why I wouldn't mind if post counts are gone. There a bit detrimental if you ask me.
Side note, dude use some commas. I can excuse bad grammar, or incorrect spelling, but is it really that hard for you to use commas ?
I use commas in some of my post. But the purpose for post count is to show your history in this community, but sadly people views it as second hand goods.

SuperSaiyan2
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyan2 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:05 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:
The gr wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote: Some people would rather post to add to their post count, rather then the discussion at hand.
They're*

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:31 am

SuperSaiyan2 wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
The gr wrote:ugh "fluff posts" those can easily ruin a thread but you ask yourself this question does it really matter if you have the highest post count
They're*
Really? Really? You had to make a post just correcting his grammar? Seriously what was even the point of doing that? It added nothing to the discussion, and it ends up making you look bad.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:54 am

I'm decently sure he was just mocking me for my complaints about the gr's use of commas.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:54 am

Gog wrote:Really? Really? You had to make a post just correcting his grammar? Seriously what was even the point of doing that? It added nothing to the discussion, and it ends up making you look bad.
With 2275 comments in over a month, I don't think you're one to judge lol

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:22 am

mute_proxy wrote:
Gog wrote:Really? Really? You had to make a post just correcting his grammar? Seriously what was even the point of doing that? It added nothing to the discussion, and it ends up making you look bad.
Its amazing actually, how he did that is something I could never hope to achieve and in less than 2mos to top.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:21 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
Its amazing actually, how he did that is something I could never hope to achieve and in less than 2mos to top.
I wouldn't call it "amazing". I think Goken still has the record for most posts in the shortest amount of time. Dude had like 5,000 posts in 4 months.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:16 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
Are you aware of the fact that I don't even shit post?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:17 pm

We've already had conversations about what posts are considered worthwhile and what we ask of the community - let's please take that to heart. Thanks.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:07 pm

Call me nuts, but I'd like to put my vote in against getting rid of member ranks and post counts. Post counts provide context for how much a member has contributed to the forum over the time they've been a member. In a sense it shows where they stand in the sites history. Ranks are just, well...fun. They're a nice little reminder of how much you've posted and give you something to work towards. Yes I know we are supposed to focus on discussion; but I don't think anyone actually focuses on building their rank up over partaking in forum discussions.
PelicanDynasty wrote:This conversation is ridiculous. Nobody should ever get anywhere near 50,000 posts unless they've passed their account onto their grandkids. Best to do away with ranks completely, maybe even post count too. It adds nothing and takes away (depending on the person) from a good discussion.
A couple of times I've viewed forums with members that have 45K+ posts. They were way bigger forums with off topic sections and such, but it's not that far fetched.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:59 am

It seems that the Big 4 have new Titles. Now Mike, Julian, Heath and Jake now are listed as "Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator"

Eh, still prefer Webmaster #1, 2, Number One Rival and Julian #2

Where's The Tori-bot when when you need him...

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:41 pm

You'd think the naming scheme would follow Dragon Ball, where Mike essentially would be Zeno and so forth.
But, I do like attainable ranks :)
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:57 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:For the curious forum-goer who doesn't have time to trawl through members and old posts, or indeed anyone who may be interested, this is an updated, far more detailed version of my old DaizEX hierarchy guide. How many posts until I reach that rank? Who the hell is that and why do they have that unique title? Does Jeff have a forum account? This handy guide is your one-stop answer to all of these questions, and more!

Attainable Ranks:
Newbie: 1+ Posts
Not-So-Newbie: 50+ Posts
Beyond Newbie: 100+ Posts
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie: 300+ Posts
Regular: 500+ Posts
OMG CRAZY REG: 750+ Posts
Advanced Regular: 1000+ Posts
I'm pretty cozy, here...: 1500+ Posts
I Live Here: 2000+ Posts
Born 'n Bred Here: 5000+ Posts
Kicks it Old-School: 7500+ Posts
Namekian Warrior: 10000+ Posts
Decrepit Hermit: 50000+ Posts
  • --(Assumed to be the final attainable rank. Only attained by the spambot Terjodickder1, which manipulated its post count to over 16 million before it was deleted.)
Special Ranks:
Il Padrino
  • --admin / ' / Josh_Pokeball - Josh, ex-forum admin and former host of Daizenshuu EX; mysteriously disappeared in 2005.(No longer carries title; now simply Not-So-Newbie)
Webmaster #1
  • --VegettoEX - Mike LaBrie, creator of Daizenshuu EX; current co-owner of Kanzenshuu.
The Wife
  • --Meri - Meri Cantoni, creator of Temple o' Trunks; wife of VegettoEX. (Previously Banned, then The Girlfriend, then The Fiancee)
Webmaster #2
  • --SaiyaJedi - Julian Grybowski, former webmaster of Daizenshuu EX; current "Man-in-Japan" and translation-guy of Kanzenshuu.
Number One Rival
  • --Hujio - Heath Cutler, creator of Kanzentai; current co-owner of Kanzenshuu.
Mr. Subtitles
  • --Daimao - Steve Simmons, head Japanese translator for Funimation's Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT and Dragon Ball Z Kai DVD/Blu-ray releases; former co-owner of Toriyama.org and creator of Daimao's Web Site.
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INFORZ D00D
  • --omae no kaasan - Greg Werner, creator of The Ultimate DBZ Information Site.
MajinVegetaXV: Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family
  • --MajinVegetaXV - Corey, technical know-how guy and occasional podcast guest; slut.
KaiOhShin
  • --SuperPope - Dave, creator of SuperPope / KaiOhShin's Planet. (No longer a registered user)
Julian #2
  • --Herms - Jake Schutz, former translation dude of Kanzentai; current all-round-info and #2 translation-guy of Kanzenshuu.
The Third Season
  • --SkitzZero - Josh Hanchar, creator of DBZ: Season 3.
The Assassin
  • --gambitt - Jeff Heller, ex-Dragon Ball virgin, Kanzenshuu lab rat, and recurring podcast guest; Funimation double-agent responsible for the capture and (presumably) deaths of VegettoEX, SaiyaJedi, Daimao and MajinVegetaXV in the 2007 April Fools' podcast episode.
Not Banned Other Ranks:
Banned Alternate Account
Temporarily Banned
Banned
  • --TripleRach, desirecampbell, Kaboom, Ajay, TheDevilsCorpse, and EmmaWinters (Formerly titled "Clean-Up Crew".)
No Special Title
  • --lost_in_thought and MarcFBR / godofchaos (Formerly red-named forum handymen.)
Thanks again and I'm going to mark this to remember this.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.