The New-and-Improved Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: The New-and-Improved Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:41 pm

VegettoEX wrote:We should probably just get rid of them. Ranks based on post-counts in 2017 is kinda hysterically lame and embarrassing.
If you DID potentially remove said ranks, user-managed ones would be absolutely wonderful and very much appreciated. I would definitely understand if you didn't do that, though.

If you DON'T remove them, new ranks would be neat. Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan God, God of Destruction, stuff like that.

Either way, I look forward to seeing what you... may or may not do regarding ranks. :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:37 pm

VegettoEX wrote:We should probably just get rid of them. Ranks based on post-counts in 2017 is kinda hysterically lame and embarrassing.
I don't see what's so lame and embarrassing about it; it's a nice touch and is one of my favorite features in the forum. Now if ranks of the forum are something like "Super Saiyan" and "Super Saiyan 2", then yeah that's definitely lame (Sorry Anime Kitten :P ). But we have "Kicks it Old School" and "Born N' Bred Here", which are cool.

Achieving a new user rank actually feels good and refreshing (at least for me), especially if it took you a long time to achieve that rank. I myself hope that one day I'll reach the 5,000 post mark, even if it would probably take me quite a while to achieve it.

That having said, its major downside is that they can encourage people to rack up their post count just for the sake of user rank, which really is not a good thing, especially if most of what you contribute aren't anything worthwhile and just nonsense one-liners. So I fully understand if you consider removing them.

(Note that I'm not pointing this towards a member of the community, but I just feel that it might happen because I was guilty of doing this before.)

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:12 pm

simtek34 wrote:After PMing Mike(VegettoEX), Decripite old Hermit is 50,000 posts. Add it to the list!
Consider it done. :wink: Heh, hadn't logged in here for quite a while and when I do I find a years-long mystery solved in my pet thread. Life's funny sometimes.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:17 pm

Khin wrote:Now if ranks of the forum are something like "Super Saiyan" and "Super Saiyan 2", then yeah that's definitely lame (Sorry Anime Kitten :P ).
HOW DARE YOU EVERYONE KNOWS SAIYANS ARE BEST DRAGON BALL Z RACE
Eh, I just feel like there should be more than 2 DB-based ranks. But it doesn't matter to me. :P 50,000 is a bit much for Decrepit Hermit, though. I was expecting 15,000 at least, and maybe 20,000 at most. :crazy:
MyAnimeList | AniList

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:18 pm

Actually, consider it... not done. Apparently there's a statute of limitations on editing posts now. :cry: And I was just one edit away from retirement...!
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:20 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:Actually, consider it... not done. Apparently there's a statute of limitations on editing posts now. :cry: And I was just one edit away from retirement...!
Yep, posts have a two-hour edit limit. Opening posts in the sub-sections under Dragon Ball can be edited infinitely, but here in Website & Community Discussion, the limit remains. :(
MyAnimeList | AniList

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:23 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
The Tori-bot wrote:Actually, consider it... not done. Apparently there's a statute of limitations on editing posts now. :cry: And I was just one edit away from retirement...!
Yep, posts have a two-hour edit limit. Opening posts in the sub-sections under Dragon Ball can be edited infinitely, but here in Website & Community Discussion, the limit remains. :(
Well that kinda sucks. Back in my day *grumble grumble*.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:08 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
Well that kinda sucks. Back in my day *grumble grumble*.
If you PM one of the mods, they can probably add it for you.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:45 pm

If Decrepit Old Hermit is 50 000 posts, then what's between Namekian Warrior and Decrepit Old Hermit?
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:13 pm

My money's on Kaboom for being the first to get 50,000 posts before 2027. Though he doesn't really post too much nowadays. Perhaps that will change in the future?

Really though, 50,000 posts is a lot. I don't expect anyone to post so much even in a decade's worth of time.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

PelicanDynasty
Beyond Newbie

Post by PelicanDynasty » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:09 pm

This conversation is ridiculous. Nobody should ever get anywhere near 50,000 posts unless they've passed their account onto their grandkids. Best to do away with ranks completely, maybe even post count too. It adds nothing and takes away (depending on the person) from a good discussion.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:19 pm

DBZ Macky wrote:My money's on Kaboom for being the first to get 50,000 posts before 2027. Though he doesn't really post too much nowadays. Perhaps that will change in the future?
Even if I did ever reach that many posts, I have a special "Moderator" title anyway, so...
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:41 pm

PelicanDynasty wrote:This conversation is ridiculous. Nobody should ever get anywhere near 50,000 posts unless they've passed their account onto their grandkids. Best to do away with ranks completely, maybe even post count too. It adds nothing and takes away (depending on the person) from a good discussion.
Yeah, users title could stay, but instead of it's how many posts you have, it's the time you've been on here (granted that's not really possible). I'm under the camp that post counts should go. It's a bit annoying how there seem to be users that post, for inflating their post counts, instead of adding to the discussions.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:49 am

I was just looking through the members list and noticed that lot of usesrs that registered many years ago still have the “newbie” in their rank. I’ve been thinking that maybe the ranks should be based on the amount of time you’ve been here rather than the number of posts you have, like what Saiya People said above.

It would probably also stop people from making fluff posts just for the sake of increasing their rank, which is the main problem of the current ranking system. If this is possible, I wouldn’t mind this change. This forum have been around for years, so it would be nice if people who have been here for a long time gets some recognition. Something like this would be neat:

Newbie: Member for 1 day
Not-So-Newbie: Member for 1 month
Beyond Newbie: Member for 3 months
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie: Member for 5 months
Regular: Member for 7 months
OMG CRAZY REGULAR: Member for 10 months
Advanced Regular: Member for 1 year
I’m pretty cozy here...: Member for 1 and a half year
I Live Here: Member for 3 years
Born n’ Bred Here: Member for 5 years
Kicks it Old-School: Member for 7 years
Namekian Warrior: Member for 10 years
Decrepit Hermit: Member for 20 years

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:10 am

Khin wrote:I was just looking through the members list and noticed that lot of usesrs that registered many years ago still have the “newbie” in their rank. I’ve been thinking that maybe the ranks should be based on the amount of time you’ve been here rather than the number of posts you have, like what Saiya People said above.

It would probably also stop people from making fluff posts just for the sake of increasing their rank, which is the main problem of the current ranking system. If this is possible, I wouldn’t mind this change. This forum have been around for years, so it would be nice if people who have been here for a long time gets some recognition. Something like this would be neat:

As much as I would love that, is it really possible at this stage ? I don't know how coding works, but that seems to be a lot of effort, when you could just keep them, or get rid of them entirely.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:42 am

Soppa Saia People wrote: I don't know how coding works, but that seems to be a lot of effort, when you could just keep them, or get rid of them entirely.
Coding that is not really hard. But I studied Computer Science so ... I don't know how hard it might be for someone else. People who actually work on the page should not really have a problem with it though.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:45 am

Khin wrote:I was just looking through the members list and noticed that lot of usesrs that registered many years ago still have the “newbie” in their rank. I’ve been thinking that maybe the ranks should be based on the amount of time you’ve been here rather than the number of posts you have, like what Saiya People said above.

I actually... Really don't like the idea that post counts are only determined by how long you've been on this forum. I just really don't like that idea, it seems kinda lazy, prehaps a special rank for people over ten years. Perhaps, uh 'Old Kai?' Or something.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:49 am

At the rate Gog has been posting at, I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it to "Decrepit Old Hermit" soon!

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:00 pm

If it's worth the thought, would the staff consider removing both user ranks & post counts? It'll no longer be an "issue" for anyone that way.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:25 pm

It would be better to have custom ranks, or at least a wide pool of rank choices based on how many posts one has.
But I wouldn't mind if you guys just remove the ranks and possibly even put a "hide your posts count" button.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical