The New-and-Improved Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

The New-and-Improved Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:58 pm

For the curious forum-goer who doesn't have time to trawl through members and old posts, or indeed anyone who may be interested, this is an updated, far more detailed version of my old DaizEX hierarchy guide. How many posts until I reach that rank? Who the hell is that and why do they have that unique title? Does Jeff have a forum account? This handy guide is your one-stop answer to all of these questions, and more!

Attainable Ranks:
Newbie: 1+ Posts
Not-So-Newbie: 50+ Posts
Beyond Newbie: 100+ Posts
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie: 300+ Posts
Regular: 500+ Posts
OMG CRAZY REG: 750+ Posts
Advanced Regular: 1000+ Posts
I'm pretty cozy, here...: 1500+ Posts
I Live Here: 2000+ Posts
Born 'n Bred Here: 5000+ Posts
Kicks it Old-School: 7500+ Posts
Namekian Warrior: 10000+ Posts
Decrepit Hermit: 50000+ Posts
  • --(Assumed to be the final attainable rank. Only attained by the spambot Terjodickder1, which manipulated its post count to over 16 million before it was deleted.)
Special Ranks:
Il Padrino
  • --admin / ' / Josh_Pokeball - Josh, ex-forum admin and former host of Daizenshuu EX; mysteriously disappeared in 2005.(No longer carries title; now simply Not-So-Newbie)
Webmaster #1
  • --VegettoEX - Mike LaBrie, creator of Daizenshuu EX; current co-owner of Kanzenshuu.
The Wife
  • --Meri - Meri Cantoni, creator of Temple o' Trunks; wife of VegettoEX. (Previously Banned, then The Girlfriend, then The Fiancee)
Webmaster #2
  • --SaiyaJedi - Julian Grybowski, former webmaster of Daizenshuu EX; current "Man-in-Japan" and translation-guy of Kanzenshuu.
Number One Rival
  • --Hujio - Heath Cutler, creator of Kanzentai; current co-owner of Kanzenshuu.
Mr. Subtitles
  • --Daimao - Steve Simmons, head Japanese translator for Funimation's Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT and Dragon Ball Z Kai DVD/Blu-ray releases; former co-owner of Toriyama.org and creator of Daimao's Web Site.
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INFORZ D00D
  • --omae no kaasan - Greg Werner, creator of The Ultimate DBZ Information Site.
MajinVegetaXV: Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family
  • --MajinVegetaXV - Corey, technical know-how guy and occasional podcast guest; slut.
KaiOhShin
  • --SuperPope - Dave, creator of SuperPope / KaiOhShin's Planet. (No longer a registered user)
Julian #2
  • --Herms - Jake Schutz, former translation dude of Kanzentai; current all-round-info and #2 translation-guy of Kanzenshuu.
The Third Season
  • --SkitzZero - Josh Hanchar, creator of DBZ: Season 3.
The Assassin
  • --gambitt - Jeff Heller, ex-Dragon Ball virgin, Kanzenshuu lab rat, and recurring podcast guest; Funimation double-agent responsible for the capture and (presumably) deaths of VegettoEX, SaiyaJedi, Daimao and MajinVegetaXV in the 2007 April Fools' podcast episode.
Not Banned Other Ranks:
Banned Alternate Account
Temporarily Banned
Banned
  • --TripleRach, desirecampbell, Kaboom, Ajay, TheDevilsCorpse, and EmmaWinters (Formerly titled "Clean-Up Crew".)
No Special Title
  • --lost_in_thought and MarcFBR / godofchaos (Formerly red-named forum handymen.)
Last edited by The Tori-bot on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 9 times in total.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Re: The New-and-Improved Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!

Post by SSJSteve » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:09 pm

Ever find out what happened to Josh_Pokeball?

I know I wasn't around when he was, but for some reason I find it strange how people just completely stop visiting a certain site/forum.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:28 pm

SSJSteve wrote:Ever find out what happened to Josh_Pokeball?
For all we know, his skeleton has been adorning a New Jersey ditch or abandoned dumpster for the last seven years.
Last edited by The Tori-bot on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:24 pm

This is pretty cool, nice to see everything all organized for new members who want to get to know the "crew", for a lack of a better term. Also, why is MajinVegetaXV considered a slut? I've always wondered that.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:04 pm

Insertclevername wrote:This is pretty cool, nice to see everything all organized for new members who want to get to know the "crew", for a lack of a better term. Also, why is MajinVegetaXV considered a slut? I've always wondered that.
He jokingly called himself it on a podcast episode. :P

Still holding out for Tanooki to gain some sort of "steals stuff off trucks" user title. :D
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:29 pm

Lost isn't a member of the moderation team, neither am I.
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:33 pm

lost is our technical savior that demands constant bows, prayers, and sacrifices. I don't think people appreciate what he's done to port data for us over the years.

Marc... I don't even know what to call him anymore. He can't write worth shit on his own, so it's not like he's running around correcting other folks. He's a quasi-admin-holdover from when he ran the forum install for us for so many years. Let's call him our "fail-safe" in case Hujio and I are simultaneously killed in a car crash.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:37 pm

VegettoEX wrote:lost is our technical savior that demands constant bows, prayers, and sacrifices. I don't think people appreciate what he's done to port data for us over the years.

Marc... I don't even know what to call him anymore. He can't write worth shit on his own, so it's not like he's running around correcting other folks. He's a quasi-admin-holdover from when he ran the forum install for us for so many years. Let's call him our "fail-safe" in case Hujio and I are simultaneously killed in a car crash.
'Fail-Safe' sounds like a nice user title. :P
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:57 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:Herms - Jake Schultz, former translation dude of Kanzentai; current all-round-info and #2 translation guy of Kanzenshuu.
It's actually Jake Schutz.
The Tori-bot wrote:gambitt - Jeff Hellar, ex-Dragon Ball virgin, Kanzenshuu lab rat, and recurring podcast guest; Funimation double-agent responsible for the capture and (presumably) deaths of VegettoEX, SaiyaJedi, Daimao and MajinVegetaXV in the 2007 April Fools' podcast episode.
That would be Jeff Heller.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:20 pm

VegettoEX wrote:lost is our technical savior that demands constant bows, prayers, and sacrifices. I don't think people appreciate what he's done to port data for us over the years.

I write worth shit just fine. I'm just lazy and tend to ramble.

There is also my secret job (dealing with lost as much as possible so Mike and Hujio don't have to, your average person wants to choke lost to death within an hour or so of one on one discussion. I'm a lost to 'average person' translator as it were.)
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:15 pm

Hujio wrote:
The Tori-bot wrote:Herms - Jake Schultz, former translation dude of Kanzentai; current all-round-info and #2 translation guy of Kanzenshuu.
It's actually Jake Schutz.
The Tori-bot wrote:gambitt - Jeff Hellar, ex-Dragon Ball virgin, Kanzenshuu lab rat, and recurring podcast guest; Funimation double-agent responsible for the capture and (presumably) deaths of VegettoEX, SaiyaJedi, Daimao and MajinVegetaXV in the 2007 April Fools' podcast episode.
That would be Jeff Heller.
Goddamn it, I actually had both of them written correctly at first, then went back and changed them 'cuz I thought they were typos. Whoopsy-doodle.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:15 pm

This is great! Man, I would love a special title...
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:12 pm

Hujio wrote:That would be Jeff Heller.
"Heller" is such a badass name.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:50 am

Maybe it's worth mentioning that the "Clean-Up Crew" are the forum's moderators.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Sat May 24, 2014 7:25 am

I hope that this isn't too much necroposting but I wanted to contribute to this thread and creating a separate one just for one bit of info seemed excessive. So, essentially today there was a new user-exclusive (it seems so to me) rank included:
"Not Banned"
The relevant info about its introduction can be found here.
The mods have asked in the Banned Members thread that we don't discuss the stories of individual bans and so on. So I won't do this. But I thought that the inclusion of a new rank merited to be noticed.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sat May 24, 2014 11:51 am

I'd been meaning to update this anyway since I recently discovered the amount of posts I'd listed for reaching "Kicks it Old-School" was wrong (it's 7,500, not 8,000). Thanks for the heads-up!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat May 24, 2014 12:33 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Still holding out for Tanooki to gain some sort of "steals stuff off trucks" user title. :D
I know the post is old now, but I totally want to second this.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:05 am

Hope this thread is still able to be posted in, but I just wanted to point out that Rocketman just hit 10,000 posts, and his title now reads Namekian Warrior.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:10 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:Hope this thread is still able to be posted in, but I just wanted to point out that Rocketman just hit 10,000 posts, and his title now reads Namekian Warrior.
Rather anti-climatic.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:18 pm

That had been on my radar, yes, just kept slipping my mind. Guide updated!

Rocketman wrote:
Bussani wrote:Someone has to get to it before the truth can be revealed!

I'm on the case!

Three years on, case closed. Well done, Rocketman. Always knew you had it in ya.