The New-and-Improved Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Re: The New-and-Improved Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!

Post by Rocketman » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:54 am

The Tori-bot wrote:Three years on, case closed. Well done, Rocketman. Always knew you had it in ya.
A job worth doing is worth doing well. *puts feet up on desk*

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:33 pm

Finally found something related to these ranks. I should really have joined here years ago when I first heard of this website. :cry:

Is it necessary or just for fun? And why "Namekian Warrior" is part of the rank? What could a Namekian have to do with the number? Lol.

Ah yes... Sorry for reviving this, but... I really joined late.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:12 pm

They mean nothing. Random decisions I made in 2004.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:33 am

Dyno wrote:And why "Namekian Warrior" is part of the rank? What could a Namekian have to do with the number? Lol.
I thought it was because those Namekian warriors that took on Freeza at the Eldest's house in filler had battle powers of 10,000, which corresponds to 10,000 posts.

Bagginses
Banned

Post by Bagginses » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:05 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Let's call him our "fail-safe" in case Hujio and I are simultaneously killed in a car crash.
Wow... how awesome it would be if that actually happened.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:44 pm

Bagginses wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:Let's call him our "fail-safe" in case Hujio and I are simultaneously killed in a car crash.
What the fuck?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:57 pm

Bagginses wrote:
Seconding Kamiccolo's "What the fuck?!"

Because, y'know... What the FUCK?!
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

PelicanDynasty
Beyond Newbie

Post by PelicanDynasty » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:33 am

Bagginses wrote:
Lol I saw this and thought it was some sort of inside joke, but now I must third in saying: What the fuck?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:33 pm

But who will attain the mantle of Decrepit Hermit next?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:45 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:But who will attain the mantle of Decrepit Hermit next?
I will aim for such a title:D

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:00 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:But who will attain the mantle of Decrepit Hermit next?
Chuquita has the highest chance at the moment. I'll be rooting for her! :D

EDIT: Wow, Lord Beerus and Hellspawn28 have surpassed her. Go, Lord Beerus, then. :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Bagginses
Banned

Post by Bagginses » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:55 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Bagginses wrote:
What the fuck?
They refused to answer some PMs from me. Mike got one especially important, where I said I had two accounts in the forum and asked what should be done about that. He opened the message but never replied to it. And this has been going to some extent for the past 6 years or so.

Therefore, I hope that they die. That was the intent of the post.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:24 am

Bagginses wrote:They refused to answer some PMs from me. Mike got one especially important, where I said I had two accounts in the forum and asked what should be done about that. He opened the message but never replied to it. And this has been going to some extent for the past 6 years or so.

Therefore, I hope that they die. That was the intent of the post.
And you don't maybe see that as, I dunno... absurdly disproportionate? To like, sociopathic extremes?

Look I know its the internet and the default setting for everyone tends to be "hyperbolic in the extreme". But words have meaning. You don't coldly, calmly, matter of factly wish for death upon totally innocent people just because they never got around to responding to a fucking message you sent. You come across as a genuine psycho.

I don't care how old you are or what your circumstances are, whether you're a dumb, bratty 6 years old with shitty parents or an emotionally and developmentally stunted 35 years old. The response to ANY slight is never, ever "I hope you die". Particularly when its something this asininely minor.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:23 pm

As sad as that user replied with extremely negative remarks, it's also a courtesy for the staff to reply back the emails. I don't care if they are busy, they still need to do it.

A lot of companies employees are expected to respond to their boss' emails, as just as the boss are expected to do the same. I'm sure the staff know this as they work for the computer technical companies. Why is the forums any different?

As the real world folks say, you lose their respect if you don't do what they expect you to do.

Well, whatever. Why am I posting this? I don't have any slightest of respect for VegettoEX. Maybe a part of me is hoping he accepts this advice and starts take people's email seriously, I guess.
Last edited by DragonBalllKaiHD on Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:23 pm

Breaking my own code here:

- We generally do respond to things; sorry if it can't be 2 minutes later...?
- I am not the only moderator or administrator here, and there is a formal way to contact the entire staff as a whole (the contact form on the website) rather than assuming one person does everything
- I have no idea WTF this person is even talking about

We're learning a lot about the concept of entitlement and more about some of our members in this thread. I hope you're learning something about us, too!

Everyone posting here is a real-life human being. Let's try to consider that.

(EDIT: I know, recognize, and apologize that this is a little more blunt than perhaps it could be. Forgive me, considering the topic.)
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:49 pm

I may have said something a bit out of line, but I'm not speaking blindly either. I'm speaking from my personal experience from this forums. I feel frustrated sometimes. During my almost eight years of being a regular in this forums I've tried to understand you and your work here. It's just difficult to comprehend you sometimes. I've tried to relate to you, but I just feel it's not working well. I've grown comfortable with Ajay, Hujio, Herms, and TripleRanch. I would like to do the same with you!
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:54 pm

Sometimes people don't click. That's OK! For what it's worth, I have no idea what conflicts(?) you may be talking about, so I can't hold any ill will toward you over what I apparently don't remember!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:35 pm

Play FFXIV and Mike's like a big teddy bear. :P
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:42 am

After PMing Mike(VegettoEX), Decripite old Hermit is 50,000 posts. Add it to the list!

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:45 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Play FFXIV and Mike's like a big teddy bear. :P
UGH WHAT NO I DON'T PLAY A STUPID ROEGADYN.

Anyway, yeah, I guess 50,000. Was that a secret? Was it ever intended to be? I have no idea. Again, there were all meaningless, arbitrary numbers I assigned with zero forethought back in 2004 with the new install.

We should probably just get rid of them. Ranks based on post-counts in 2017 is kinda hysterically lame and embarrassing.