Signatures - 4 Lines + Tone Requirements

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Signatures - 4 Lines + Tone Requirements

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:50 pm

Hi, everyone.

In keeping with the feeling that your messages should have more weight than your signatures, we have certain rules in place. For example, we do not allow images in signatures. Also, we require that you do not simply post one-line messages (you can't have much to say if all there is... is a single line!).

With this in mind, and noting that many new members are loading up their sigs with needless items, I'm requiring that all members re-evaluate their signatures and reduce them to four lines or less. There will be no exceptions, and I will simply begin going in, myself, and deleting signatures (in the coming days) that do not comply.

EDIT (2012-02-15): One minor update we're making to the signature requirements is really not a big one and will have almost zero effect on 99% of you, but a couple folks will (and I think rightfully so) have their signatures removed. No longer will we allow users to make, infer, or quote disparaging remarks toward each other in their signatures -- these will be removed by a moderation team member if they are seen, and any user reinstatement of them will result in an account strike (multiple strikes leading to a ban, but we don't even really need to go there). It has absolutely no place in a community like this, and if that's how you want to act, you certainly are in the wrong place. Again, it's an INCREEEEDIBLY small amount of users, so if you're even reading this, it's likely that nothing's been affected and you can just carry on with your day.

Thank you!

(The forum rules have been updated with all relevant information)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:33 pm

Damn. =/ Oh, well, it was about time I changed my quote anyway. This good?

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:37 pm

Heh, I'm good. I've made this quote my sig in all the forums I frequent now.

:shock: Was that just a "one-line" message?
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:37 pm

I guess I won´t have to edit it at all anyway, but thank god you reminded me about the no pics. in sigs. rule, I almost just made a picture for my sig!
^I´m with stupid^

How to keep a blonde occupied, see below.
How to keep a blonde occupied, see above.

Son Goku
Regular

Post by Son Goku » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:54 pm

There goes my posting information (well, I have been putting that somewhere else...), Timmy and his posting problems, and the cat in my pants is officially dead, I repeat, the cat in my pants is dead.

Oh well. :P
I also go by "veemonjosh".

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:37 pm

I think mine's about 2 lines, but I'll double check. This other board I go to allows images in signatures, which I don't mind, but there's always one or two people that either image flood their signatures or have a signature that's about 400+ in heighth.

Daimao
Mr. Subtitles

Post by Daimao » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:42 pm

Or you could make your avatar the image you would have in your sig, which is "tasteful" enough by itself, but have the sig link offsite to a horrific yet legitimate news article that gives more information on the image in question, for no good reason whatsoever. Not that anyone would choose to do so.

Just sayin'.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:17 pm

Daimao wrote:Or you could make your avatar the image you would have in your sig, which is "tasteful" enough by itself, but have the sig link offsite to a horrific yet legitimate news article that gives more information on the image in question, for no good reason whatsoever. Not that anyone would choose to do so.

Just sayin'.
I was actually going to say something about that last time you posted. Your avatar is now the creepiest thing I've seen on this forum.

It's even more intimidating than EX's old Gendo avatar.

-edit- Speaking of Gendo avatars, I unwittingly made my avatar rather similar to a certain someone...
I smell conspiracy...

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Signatures - 4 Lines + Tone Requirements

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:34 pm

Hey, all:

Just edited the subject title of this thread and tossed the following note in --
VegettoEX wrote:EDIT (2012-02-15): One minor update we're making to the signature requirements is really not a big one and will have almost zero effect on 99% of you, but a couple folks will (and I think rightfully so) have their signatures removed. No longer will we allow users to make, infer, or quote disparaging remarks toward each other in their signatures -- these will be removed by a moderation team member if they are seen, and any user reinstatement of them will result in an account strike (multiple strikes leading to a ban, but we don't even really need to go there). It has absolutely no place in a community like this, and if that's how you want to act, you certainly are in the wrong place. Again, it's an INCREEEEDIBLY small amount of users, so if you're even reading this, it's likely that nothing's been affected and you can just carry on with your day.
Thanks!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Re: Signatures - 4 Lines + Tone Requirements

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:50 am

Not that I've seen a whole lot of it, but it does happen occasionally, so I'd say it's a good rule to have.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D