Kanzenshuu in 10 to 30 years time

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ringworm128
Banned

Kanzenshuu in 10 to 30 years time

Post by Ringworm128 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:58 am

Where do you see Kanzenshuu in 10 years? Or even in 20 to 30 years.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Kanzenshuu in 10 to 30 years time

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:09 am

Well, I'm on year 15 myself (I began this shabang back in 1998!)... so projecting out that far actually isn't too impossible!

The biggest thing is really just all of us and families and therefore time commitments. Half of the staff are already in that boat. I like to think that we're all pretty responsible people with appropriate time-management skills that can still fit in hobby crap, though :). It will just be a matter of "how much" and "to what extent".

That's one of the reasons why we've been doing so much lately, though, and why we did the site fusion into Kanzenshuu when we did. Heath and I were talking for a couple years about the eventuality of merging the sites, and we knew that if we got it done sooner than later, it would work out the best for all of us ("us" being the four of us in charge of the site, but also the audience). By building it into what it's become since last April with the launch, we've created a wonderful base of work to add to rather than reinvent, and especially rather than have to reinvent at a point in our lives when we just don't have the time.

Within the next year or so, I expect Julian will have finished translating basically every shred of interviews and guide book stuff that we haven't already gotten to. I know he's super-reinvigorated having dived back into things, and with the site set up the way it is on the back-end for us, it makes it easier than ever to actually get work done and published.

So within ten years? I can pretty much guarantee that every bit of "information" about the series you could ever want will be published on the site. Probably long before ten years.

I certainly don't expect the podcast to remain weekly in ten years -- but I fully plan on continuing it for as long as I can in at least some capacity. It will likely be a rise and fall: weekly now, probably monthly in the future, and then will probably end up daily when I'm old and retired and just playing video games and going on vacations all the time.

Thirty years? We'll still be around, and we'll have definitely cemented things (as if we haven't already) as the only place you'd ever need regarding Dragon Ball. No sites will ever need to be created. In fact, there won't even be websites. We'll be in your brain and your ears and your eyes. We will coexist as one.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:24 pm

VegettoEX wrote:It will likely be a rise and fall: weekly now, probably monthly in the future, and then will probably end up daily when I'm old and retired and just playing video games and going on vacations all the time.
I can see it now. The year is 2025. The Kanzenshuu wiki is full of every bit of research-able Dragon Ball information, and new DB productions have slumped, so there's nothing for Mike to work on.

And after a fifteen year hiatus, VG Convos podcast every day.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:06 pm

desirecampbell wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:
And after a fifteen year hiatus, VG Convos podcast every day.
With no need for show notes due to everything being fresh in his mind. Assuming he gets enough sleep for stuff to stick. :P
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:42 pm

And in 30 years time; maybe, just maybe Jeff will come over to Mike's and record the last GT Review of Awesomeness. :D

Then Meri will start updating Temple o' Trunks again with info she copy-and-pasted from Kanzenshuu. :eh:

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:55 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Then Meri will start updating Temple o' Trunks again with info she copy-and-pasted from Kanzenshuu. :eh:
That's under the assumption that it hasn't fallen victim to the Borg cube known as the Kanzenshuu, where all DB fansites left will be inevitably assimilated.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:31 pm

VegettoEX wrote: I certainly don't expect the podcast to remain weekly in ten years -- but I fully plan on continuing it for as long as I can in at least some capacity. It will likely be a rise and fall
Don't...don't say that...a world without a Kanzenshuu podcast isn't a world worth living at all! :lol:
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:25 pm

So all of the guide books are being translated eh? :clap:

Yes, even I was pondering on what this place will be like way down the line. We are lucky there are such good dudes running this place, so the quality and quantity of stuff will always be high.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:03 pm

The IRC chatroom will still be "#daizenshuu," but none of the newcomers will know why.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!