Mangas that members read, animes that members watched

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Mangas that members read, animes that members watched

Post by Wobbuffet » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:16 pm

(Since there are other threads regarding the members themselves, I don't think there's any problem with this topic. But if there is, feel free to lock this thread.)

I think it would be interesting to know what anime and manga series the members of this forum like.
Name your favorite series. Or post a link to your MyAnimeList account, if you have one.

I don't watch anime that much, but I mostly read comedy mangas like Sket Dance and Love Hina or action series like Medaka Box and Rurouni Kenshin.

This is my MAL profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/RocketWobbuffet
Sorry, I can't speak English very well, but I'm trying my best.
This is My Anime List.

Smochi
Beyond Newbie

Re: Mangas that members read, animes that members watched

Post by Smochi » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:52 am

My current love is Junti Ito manga, I wish there was more. I own all of Uzumaki, and am tracking down Goh before I tackle Tomie. I like actually finding manga at conventions, so it's a bit more of a challenge.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:04 am

My favourite manga/anime of all time is certainly Bleach, Dragon Ball is a close second.

Other manga I am currently following are One Piece, Naruto, Berserk, Pokemon Special and Hunter x Hunter. I'm not really following any anime at the moment, though. I did recently start the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, I suppose.

Oh, and I'm eagerly awaiting more Accel World and Sword Art Online, since I hear they'll be receiving new seasons. I suppose that counts as following anime.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:22 am

Other than Dragon Ball, I'm following One Piece & Naruto (both manga & anime, including the Rock Lee spin-off manga & anime). I've also seen the two Dr. Slump anime series (plus the movies), but without subs, and I've read some of the Dr. Slump manga, along with other Toriyama mangas (see my signature).
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:56 pm

Oh geez. There would be way too many for me to list if I listed everything I've read/am reading, so I'll just list the stuff I'm currently in the process of keeping up to date on, what I'm currently reading, and what my favorites other than that are.

Naruto
Bleach
One Piece
Futari Ecchi
Rurouni Kenshin
Fruits Basket
Fullmetal Alchemist
I"s/Video Girl Ai/DNA2/Zetman/Anything else by Masakazu Katsura ever
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:58 pm

I haven't watch many anime or read any manga as much I used too. I'm personally a pretty big fan of a lot of older manga from the 60's up to the early 90's. I do enjoy other recent series like One Piece (I admit I haven't read it in the past few years) and 20 Century Boys. Same with anime, I haven't watch any anime in over a year. Right now, I have been watching more toku then anime lately. Watching Gokaier, Tiga, Garo and Kamen Rider Ryuki at the moment.
Last edited by Hellspawn28 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:08 pm

Read:
  • Naruto (reading, as it's still going)
  • Rurōni Kenshin
  • Death Note
Watched:
  • Naruto (and a bit of Shippūden)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood
  • Elfen Lied
  • Freezing and a bunch of other ecchi and hentai :mrgreen:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:11 am

I think the only manga I'm reading is Kamen Rider Spirits and I forgot were I left off.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:08 am

Currently reading:

Naruto

Currently watching:

Black Butler
Cowboy Bebop
One Piece (Dubbed)
Hellsing Ultimate (Waiting for OVA's 9 and 10 to be Dubbed. Hurry Funimation!)

I don't have as much interest lately as I have been in the past for getting up to date with newer Manga and Anime.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Smochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Smochi » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:19 pm

I thought this was or current lists...what I have watched is waaaaay too big. XD I'll just do some favorite anime, in no particular order.

Gantz
Madoka
Penguindrum
Cowboy Bebop
Speed Grapher
FMA
Gankutsuou
Tatami Galaxy
Trapeze
Pokemon
Kuroshitsuji

DanTheBib
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DanTheBib » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:50 pm

I'm not really one for watching too much. Personally, anime drags on a fair bit for my taste.

I've read way too much to even remember though. Some of my favourites, in no particular order, are:

One Piece
Fairy Tale
Naruto
Death Note
Shaman King
Fullmetal Alchemist
Bleach
Hunter X Hunter
D. Gray-Man
D.N. Angel
Air Gear
Pokémon

@Smochi, what is Gantz like? I've been reading a lot of comics and neglecting my manga reading lately, but have heard good things...worth picking u?
"Well, I guess there is retarded people out there that has serious complains." - Margarita.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:30 am

No one's said Ranma yet? It's the only series that rivals me love of Dragon Ball.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:13 am

Currently reading:

DragonBall (on my probably hundreth re-read)
One Piece: Pirates
Naruto: Ninjas
Hajime No Ippo: Boxing
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!: Mafia
Franken Fran: Pretty much Frankenstein's monster retake (see more below)
Cradle of Monsters: Upside down ship slowly sinking, a virus spreading, people killing each other off to survive
Highschool of the Dead: Pretty much Dawn of the Dead but with high-schoolers and a lot of fan-service
Hunter X Hunter: Very typical shonen, characters fighting and getting new powers. A great adventure manga.
Gantz: See below
Initial D: Racing

Read:
Parasyte: See below
Ranma (currently on reading-hiatus)
Fullmetal Alchemist (lost interest)
Bleach (on a hiatus)

@DanTheBib: Gantz is sexual, gory, violent, intriguing. It is a pretty good manga to read. But you know, heads are blown into bits and limbs are lost on a regular basis, and a lot of characters die all of the time, men, women and children, one instance of (I have to admit that I am very uncomfortable with it) raping aliens.
If you want humor and gore, Franken Fran is a good read. It's about the Doctor's assistant who operates on humans with unconventional methods, even using animal parts and such.
If you want an older gore series, and add some bizarre into it, you have Parasyte (a very recommended read!), about a parasite invasion to Earth, and one parasite is forced to start up a symbiotic relationship with his host, eventually helping the main character in killing off his own kind.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:02 pm

I've been terrible with anime for a long time and there's plenty of stuff I wish to check out. I guess the only thing that's currentl "airing" that I'm watching is Inferno Cop.

I irregularly read Bleach, One Piece, Zetman, Soul Eater, Claymore, One-Punch Man, and DOGS. Not very varied.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:40 pm

Dragon Ball will forever be in my #1 spot, but I do have a few other favorite series'.

One Piece (Of course)
FLCL
Evangelion
Kaiji (Can I get a "ZAWA ZAWA", anyone? :wink: )
Gurren Lagaan
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin
Oreimo
Space Brothers
Welcome to the NHK

Speaking purely about manga, I'm currently following OP and Naruto, trying to catch up with "Attack on Titan", and recently got into "One-Punch Man" (A great gag-manga. I highly recommend it!)
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wobbuffet » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:38 am

desirecampbell wrote:No one's said Ranma yet? It's the only series that rivals me love of Dragon Ball.
I'm reading Ranma right now. Only two volumes to go. I'm loving it!
Sorry, I can't speak English very well, but I'm trying my best.
This is My Anime List.

Elton Stryker
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Elton Stryker » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:53 pm

My favorite animes:
Street Fighter 2
Dai no Daibouken
Satomi Hakkenden
Jibaku - Kun
Chromartie High School
Xenosaga
Genocyber

Non anime:
Aeon Flux
Daria
Superkid
The Maxx
Spawn
Drawn Togheter

Series:
Twin Peaks
Mortal Komabt Conquest
Borgias
Boardwalk Empire
60's Addams Family
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Moonlight
Dinossaurs

Mangás:
Dr.Slump,Marusakus,Chou Kochikame and Dragon Ball Cross Epoch with One Piece,Nekomajin Z.

Comics:
The Crow ,Tank Girl,Spawn,The Mask,The Punisher,X - Men,The Maxx,Aeon Flux.
Chrono is son of Gogeta,Dai is son of Gohan!