When is Kanzenshuu bringing back pics??

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ketchup_Revenge
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

When is Kanzenshuu bringing back pics??

Post by Ketchup_Revenge » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:21 pm

That was one feature that I really enjoyed about the Kanzentai main site. When are they coming back?

(I should mention the Wiki too)
I wipe it off the tile, the light is brighter this time, everything is 3D blasphemy.
My eyes are red and gold, the hair is standing straight up, this is not the way I picture me.
I can't control my shakes, how the hell did I get here? Something about this, so very wrong.
I have to laugh out loud, I wish I didn't like this. Is it a dream or a memory?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: When is Kanzenshuu bringing back pics??

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:48 pm

What pictures?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Ketchup_Revenge
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ketchup_Revenge » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:08 am

Kanzentai had scans from Hujio. They were scans of the posters inside the Daizenshuu volumes, chapter title pages from the manga, and Kanzaban posters and covers. These were high quality pics that weren't easy to find anywhere else, and that's the reason I enjoyed them so much.
These are the only two that I have from the old site:

I was just wondering if they had them archived somewhere, and if they were going to be put on Kanzenshuu. There's a "picture" category under media on the main site, but it's not active, so I assume that Kanzenshuu doesn't have any pictures.
I wipe it off the tile, the light is brighter this time, everything is 3D blasphemy.
My eyes are red and gold, the hair is standing straight up, this is not the way I picture me.
I can't control my shakes, how the hell did I get here? Something about this, so very wrong.
I have to laugh out loud, I wish I didn't like this. Is it a dream or a memory?

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:24 am

I expect that most factual information, like "these are the posters from the kanzenban" will transition to the wiki, while Kanzenshuu will focus more onnews, editorial, and research.

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:16 am

For now, most of the pictures have been relocated to their appropriate information pages, such as the Kanzenban and chapter pages. At the moment the "Pictures" section is not our main priority. On top of that, we also have to consider the franchises parent companies, and as a high-profile site we don't want to rub any one of them the wrong way with offering any extreme amount of officially printed material for free. Our site's main focus right now is on credible, accurate news and top-notch information research. After that, we're working on getting the Wiki up and running, along with maintaining this forum. So the "Pictures" section is currently on hiatus, with its indefinite future undetermined at this time.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:32 pm

Can I hijack this thread for a second and ask when the transformation guide is coming back?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:10 pm

Tyro wrote:Can I hijack this thread for a second and ask when the transformation guide is coming back?
In a few years. We first debuted it back in 2003 before the post-Daizenshuu round of guide books even existed. There's no way even the same information that was in there could go up as-is. It needs a complete reboot.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:02 pm

We faced the same thing with the "Images" section on Daizenshuu EX, and decided there wasn't really a point in bringing it over as-is. At best, simply having pictures to look at doesn't add anything in terms of content proper, and at worst, it's infringing on others' intellectual property.

What we've tried to do is to repurpose the images in order to illustrate specific information (such as the chapter title pages in the manga guide, and other images when they are brought up in text), or to put them into proper context (such as reuniting the illustrations from our old "Other Artists Draw DB" section with the "Dragon Ball Children" essays they were always meant to be paired with). What we're trying to avoid is having image galleries for the sake of having image galleries, which serves no practical purpose, eats bandwidth, and tacitly encourages more brazen lifting of intellectual property from elsewhere.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。