State of the Kanzenshuu: Wiki Status Update

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: State of the Kanzenshuu: Wiki Status Update

Post by Wobbuffet » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:57 am

Is it right to say that Akira Toriyama is a Bird Studio employee, since he tecnically IS Bird Studio? The only employee would be whoever was working as his assistant at the time.
Sorry, I can't speak English very well, but I'm trying my best.
This is My Anime List.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:43 am

Maybe label the "Ocean dub" as something like "Funimation dub with Ocean cast" with a page explaining the whole thing of how there is technically no Ocean dub. Just to get the knowledge a bit more well known.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:59 pm

Well, it's not even Ocean doing the voices. For Dragon Ball, Funimation went with BLT Productions, then for DBZ they went with Ocean Productions (then called The Ocean Group).
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:35 pm

If I'm reading the images correctly, the Episode 1 page is on the Japanese tab. What would go in the English tab if the dubtitles and U.S. air dates are on the JP side? Ratings on Cartoon Network? Dub writers/ADR directors? The aspect ratio on the various R1 releases?

If I'm not reading the images correctly, Episode 1 is on the English tab, the Japanese tab supposedly holds the same information in Japanese text, and you can disregard this!
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:16 pm

I believe the tabs are just to change the picture.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakarot88 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:27 pm

You ever considered playing on the idea of "Tha Kanzenshuu" as a book for the wiki?

Maybe you could title it "The Kanzenshuu: The Perfect Dragon Ball Wiki" An Authoritative Guide of Awesomeness!
Then have a section "Other Guides of Awesomeness" which links to the Podcast Manga reviews of Awesomeness and have a link to Herm's strength checker and other works the staff has created

That way you have official source material and its references in one section and your staff created source material in another.

Just a thought I had. :thumbup:
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime:

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:38 pm

I really like the subtle changes to the main site!
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:48 pm

Insertclevername wrote:I really like the subtle changes to the main site!
I noticed those a bit ago too, took some getting used to but I'm starting to like them too. :thumbup:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:04 pm

Yeah, much prefer the new Goku header. The news articles(which have been that way for a week or two) seem extravagant... is a Dragon Radar motif going on, or it's just circles for cirlces' sake?

And full disclosure, I tried logging into the wiki(which you can probably check...?) and everything was locked, of course. Wasn't going to touch anything if by some chance it worked!
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:51 pm

I prefer this header image to the old one, although I think this Goku still isn't a perfect choice (there's something about his mouth). I'm not a fan of the recently updated news header, though; those circles in particular.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:12 pm

The new header uses one of my favorite Toriyama pictures of young Goku! Great choice! 8)
It's also very handy to have the Podcast button along with the Forum button!

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakarot88 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:49 pm

Hahaha hate to be the only negative, but why not spice it up! I really disliked the change of Goku on the main website but it's growing on me.

Everything else has been really nice though...just don't pull an Apple and make an update everyone truely hates :shifty:
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime:

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:24 am

I love the new Goku picture being used on the site now. :D I swear this site just keeps getting better and better! There is one thing I miss and that was a picture of a character and it would have a number beside them?(Was that for how old the site was?)
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:25 am

This new Goku image that everyone's talking about. I know what you're referring to, because I saw the updated Facebook cover photo, but for some reason I'm still seeing the old Goku image on the main site. It's the new one on my iPod, though. :?

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:59 am

Ctrl + F5 to refresh the browser's cache for the site. (You should do that when the site is displayed incorrectly, too.)

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:17 am

linkdude20002001 wrote:I believe the tabs are just to change the picture.
Yes, the tabs only toggle between different pictures. The information sidebar remains the same.
Insertclevername wrote:I really like the subtle changes to the main site!
Thanks. There have been quite a few changes lately, some of which were intended to be done after the site launched. Yeah, we're that timely. :D
B wrote:Yeah, much prefer the new Goku header. The news articles (which have been that way for a week or two) seem extravagant... is a Dragon Radar motif going on, or it's just circles for cirlces' sake?
Extravagant, huh? I'll take that as a compliment. There's honestly no Dragon Radar motif going on. That hadn't even occurred to me, especially not while I was designing it.
B wrote:And full disclosure, I tried logging into the wiki (which you can probably check...?) and everything was locked, of course. Wasn't going to touch anything if by some chance it worked!
Yeah, that's been on full lock down since I moved it to the server. Unless I grant you access, there's not much you can on there, not even view pages.
hleV wrote:I'm not a fan of the recently updated news header, though; those circles in particular.
Just out of mere curiosity, may I ask why? They're really not that far of a jump from what we had.
samuraix123 wrote:I swear this site just keeps getting better and better!
Thanks! I like to think that myself, too. :wink:
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:20 am

Hujio wrote:
hleV wrote:I'm not a fan of the recently updated news header, though; those circles in particular.
Just out of mere curiosity, may I ask why? They're really not that far of a jump from what we had.
The "date" circle is fine, I guess, but the "comments" circle looks of place. I think it would look better if the comment count was displayed to the left of the post's author name, on the same line. Without a circle wrapped around it.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:43 pm

Beautiful looking scheme for the pages Hujio, it definitely shows that a look of care and artistic view was put into it.

I would love to help, since I wrote a lot of stuff about characters way back then, but maybe it's just no good enough any more, and I'm a bit short on time anyway. I hope to at least be able to help with some money soon. I am very eager about it and absolutely loving the design.

Also loving the little changes to the website, it just looks for sleek and gorgeous. Keep up the great work dude!

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:16 am

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I figured I'd pop in real quick with a quick status update. I've been making some good progress lately and things are still on schedule, as far as I can predict (I need to update the checklist in the first post). I have mostly been focusing on setting up the wiki's structure, but that doesn't mean I haven't taken a little time making actual pages. So here's a little preview page to wet your appetite.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:19 am

Oh man, Hujio. That preview has only just made it hit me how integrated with the site this is going to look. That's way better looking than just about every other fan-wiki out there!
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!