State of the Kanzenshuu: Wiki Status Update

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeztin
I Live Here

Re: State of the Kanzenshuu: Wiki Status Update

Post by Xeztin » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:40 pm

How is the Wiki coming a long so far? Not to add pressure but I'm just curious :)

PrinceVegetto
Beyond Newbie

Post by PrinceVegetto » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:02 am

I'd like to know as well :D

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:43 am

I got a question.Will members be able to edit it freely like the DB Wiki.Or only the wiki staffs and the administrator can edit it ?

Anyways.This looks really beautiful.Looks similar to the Detective Conan wiki which i really like.
:clap:

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:17 pm

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:I got a question.Will members be able to edit it freely like the DB Wiki.Or only the wiki staffs and the administrator can edit it ?

Anyways.This looks really beautiful.Looks similar to the Detective Conan wiki which i really like.
:clap:
If members could edit, it could end up like the DB wiki. :thumbdown:
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:35 am

Can't wait for this wiki to come out in full. From what I've seen, Dragon Ball on Wikia really isn't a good idea.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:01 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:From what I've seen, Dragon Ball on Wikia really isn't a good idea.
More like anything on Wikia... :lolno:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:58 am

Man, that last post was old... :)

Any updates yet? I'm really raring to explore this Wiki!
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:08 pm

Any Wiki progress yet? Or at least new screenshots of the work in progress? Any idea when it will be?

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:14 am

Is the Wiki still being worked on or has it been shelved? :o

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:55 am

A million things are happening at the moment, DBS Xenoverse 2, among other things. They'd be extremely busy right now writing down all the new info for the site. Not to mention they would have real life stuff to do and general time off for themselves. Mike and Heath don't do Kanzenshuu 24/7, it's not their job.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:25 am

ringworm128 wrote:A million things are happening at the moment, DBS Xenoverse 2, among other things. They'd be extremely busy right now writing down all the new info for the site. Not to mention they would have real life stuff to do and general time off for themselves. Mike and Heath don't do Kanzenshuu 24/7, it's not their job.
Well there were other users on here who got to apply for writing pages for the wiki, so it would not just be Mike and Heath working on it.
We are approaching the 5 year anniversary of this being announced and yet no discernible progress.. just highlights how it is such a shame there is not an official wiki for the franchise.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:43 am

I hate to be the one to say it so bluntly, but it's very difficult to find people willing to put in the same kind of time and energy and effort that the four main Kanzenshuu guys do. And that's no fault of anyone; if anything, it kinda reflects poorly on us that we waste away on the website instead of some other, more fruitful things! OK, so we do other things in life... but it always seems to come back to the website...!

I really don't know how else to explain it. People get really excited, put in some effort aaaaand... wouldn't ya' know it, life gets in the way and it's not a priority anymore and it just drops. That... makes total sense! This isn't a job, it's not a career, it's completely thankless, and other than the occasional person posting wondering how things are going, no-one really cares that much about it, soooooo.... it just keeps going on the back-burner. Lives are complicated, and free-time writings about a cartoon for some other people for a project you don't own that have to live up to their standards? Who on Earth wants to do that?!

Ideally, we'd have someone "full-time" (whatever that means?) in charge of the whole thing. But that person doesn't exist. That's our fault as much as it is any community member's fault; our standards are to an insane degree, and as some of the existing wiki members would attest, we've asked people to either scrap their work entirely or at least try to re-do it because it's just not up to our standards. I've literally had to say, "That's not something I would ever allow to be published on the website." That's tough. That's tough to say, and that's tough to hear. It's been a slow, difficult learning process for us as administrators, and I think for the volunteers, as well.

So, if anyone is independently wealthy and would like to finance the four of us to take this all on full-time, that'd be cool.

Again, hate to be blunt about it, but it really does all get summed up by: "the four of us are busy enough as it is, other people have tried, some have done some OK work, the rest hasn't been that impressive, and it's hard to find like-minded people, which is why there are still only four of us running the site."
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

KND

Post by KND » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:28 pm

VegettoEX wrote:So, if anyone is independently wealthy and would like to finance the four of us to take this all on full-time, that'd be cool."
I wish I could write well enough for the wiki. I think I can`t.
Anyway you guys may already thought about it but you could try to Patreon the wiki. I`m sure the community would help and maybe with the extra income launching the wiki would be possible. What`s your opinion about this idea?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:28 am

Unless we can somehow bring in enough money for all four of us to quit our day jobs and therefore dedicate our full attention to the site as a whole, a Patreon for the wiki doesn't actually solve any of the current problems.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:21 pm

Any new news or preview screenshots? When do you guys thing it will be done? (Don't care if it has Super characters or not)
Hujio wrote:Tentatively I'm shooting for a launch in the winter/spring of 2015,
Yeah, we are long past that.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Regular — 02/05/2017

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:40 pm

simtek34 wrote:Any new news or preview screenshots? When do you guys thing it will be done? (Don't care if it has Super characters or not)
Hujio wrote:Tentatively I'm shooting for a launch in the winter/spring of 2015,
Yeah, we are long past that.
People have lives and the franchise decided to kick everyone in the ass with new stuff. It'll be done when it's done.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:40 pm

I know the Wiki isn't done, but what's up with this? http://www.kanzenshuu.com/wiki/index.ph ... Characters I found a page from the Kanzenshuu Wiki! Is it supposed to be out? Now I wanna see more pages! Any plans to beta test and stuff?

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Regular — 02/05/2017

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:57 pm

Not yet. We were supposed to be working on it a while ago, but we have been pretty busy with out personal lives. Adding new contents of the weekly series of Dragon Ball Super to our load made things quite a bit difficult. But, hopefully we can get back to it pretty soon. We have had a few new editors added to our team, so if we work together, things should get done swiftly and be able to get the Wiki ready for the launch, even if it's continually incomplete for some obvious reasons.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:05 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Not yet. We were supposed to be working on it a while ago, but we have been pretty busy with out personal lives. Adding new contents of the weekly series of Dragon Ball Super to our load made things quite a bit difficult. But, hopefully we can get back to it pretty soon. We have had a few new editors added to our team, so if we work together, things should get done swiftly and be able to get the Wiki ready for the launch, even if it's continually incomplete for some obvious reasons.
But what's up with that working page that I found above?

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Regular — 02/05/2017

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:21 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:From what I've seen, Dragon Ball on Wikia really isn't a good idea.
More like anything on Wikia... :lolno:
From what I've seen wiki's for other anime uses manga or Japanese terms as reference material, It's only dragon ball where people act like funimation created the series and anything in their dub is fact.
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu