Topic/Post Deletion

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Topic/Post Deletion

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:52 am

It would be nice to be able to delete your posts and topics, especially if you post something that makes you look bad. That's pretty much where I'm at, with one particular topic about Spain's indigenous language dubs, where I make a special ass of myself. I just want to get rid of those posts. I guess this can be a meta topic on it, but that's my real reason for wanting to delete the posts I made there.

Apologies to anyone from Spain who speaks an indigene language. I do sometimes say things without thinking about it, so you'll have to forgive me on that count.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Topic/Post Deletion

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:56 am

Your contributions are your contributions. You are and should be held accountable and responsible for what you put out into the world.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:59 am

VegettoEX wrote:Your contributions are your contributions. You are and should be held accountable and responsible for what you put out into the world.
I was just curious to know if it was possible to occasionally change posts or remove them when one changes one's mind. Thanks for stopping by though.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:19 am

There's an edit button. You can remove the content of your posts but not the posts themselves.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:34 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote:There's an edit button. You can remove the content of your posts but not the posts themselves.
That works too.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:45 am

It works but it doesn't. You're still responsible for your contributions. Posts that are quoted by other users will remain part of the conversation and cannot be edited by you.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:59 am

VegettoEX wrote:It works but it doesn't. You're still responsible for your contributions. Posts that are quoted by other users will remain part of the conversation and cannot be edited by you.
That's why it's probably better not to make an ass of one's self or make mistakes on critical things, like what the name of a well known dictionary is in the Hispanophone world. :oops: