What's Your Occupation?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Re: What's Your Occupation?

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:31 am

I was a Pharmacy Technician at a Target for 7 years until I graduated college in May. Now I teach 6th and 7th grade Science at a Middle School.

Sinestro
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sinestro » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:44 pm

I'm a student, mostly. I also work with kids, and Deejay at night.

Neshawn
Beyond Newbie

Post by Neshawn » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:51 pm

in Seattle wa I own my own insurance agency, cool thread. If anyone ever feels like they don't fully understand what insurance actually is let me know and maybe I can clarify some things for you without trying to sell you something. :lol:
"I'm THE BEAN DADDY!"

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:11 pm

So while I still have the same job as when I started this thread, things have changed a fair amount, that I guess it needs updated a bit.

I'm now the main worker at the gas station. I say 'main worker', because we don't really have a manager per say, outside of the owner of the company (well, former owner, his son-in-law actually runs it now), so...it fell to me as the person that's worked there the longest now. About a month or so ago, the second-in-command that trained me left, so I took over that position...and then a few weeks after that, the previous 'head' decided to call it quits as well. So now I'm the one in charge...ish. Yay? ...Yeah, it's really not that fun at all. Top it off with me being there for 7 1/2 hours on Friday, 11 hours straight on Saturday and Sunday both, and then another 7 1/2 hours on Monday, and it all adds up to one tired Gyt. But at least I has monies...that I'm too tired to use (I kind of wish that was more true than it is, actually)...so again, yay?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:40 pm

I don't have a job, I've never had a job in the 8 years since I left school. When I was 17 I won the lottery on the third ticket I ever bought. As a result as long as I spend my money carefully like any ordinary person would then I probably won't ever need to work in my life.

I never went and got a big house or bought the best car, clothes, jewellery etc or had to have the latest smartphones and tablets that came out. I never spent money on anything extravagant, I bought a PS3 and a game, that's it.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:03 pm

Bullza wrote:I don't have a job, I've never had a job in the 8 years since I left school. When I was 17 I won the lottery on the third ticket I ever bought. As a result as long as I spend my money carefully like any ordinary person would then I probably won't ever need to work in my life.

I never went and got a big house or bought the best car, clothes, jewellery etc or had to have the latest smartphones and tablets that came out. I never spent money on anything extravagant, I bought a PS3 and a game, that's it.
Beg pardon, but could you spare a poor neighbor a few teaspoons of luck, please? Seems I've been all out for a while now.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Diotor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diotor » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:48 am

I work at the bottom rung of an advertising company who produce magazines/guides for the British Armed Forces across Europe and one location in Canada.

It sucks but it pays the bills.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:37 am

Got my informatics engineering Bachelor degree this year, now working at a worldwide telecommunications company as a technical support engineer.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:23 am

Was a CNC Machinist for a while after high school then got a family connection into a steel mill. Not much else to say really. Pays the bills, good hours, and easy work. Cant really complain.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

jrdemr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jrdemr » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:43 pm

Bullza wrote:I don't have a job, I've never had a job in the 8 years since I left school. When I was 17 I won the lottery on the third ticket I ever bought. As a result as long as I spend my money carefully like any ordinary person would then I probably won't ever need to work in my life.
Dang. You have it good.

I used to work as a Quality Analyst, supervising the Star Wars: The Old Republic game's customer service. Excellent job, paid nicely, and we could play the game for the rest of the day as soon as we met our daily quota. Not to mention (most of) my workmates were extremely nice. Unfortunately, when our team went under EA's direct management, that's when stuff started going south. The game wasn't doing as well as they expected (mostly because they decided to ignore both the QA team's and the gamers' input) so they decided to do away with us. We stayed a little while longer at the outsourcing company doing odd jobs because our contracts still had six months to go, but after that, they threw nearly all of us out.

Right now I'm a part-time English teacher for 1st and 3rd year students. Even though it's only one hour per day, it pays well and since I like kids, it's pretty cool (some of my 3rd year students can be real brats, but still). Still, since it's a part-time gig, I still need to look out for a new job that'll actually let me save some money at the end of the month. Were it not for the money issue, I'd gladly stay right here.

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:08 am

Currently an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) for Gold Cross. Best job in the world. Going to Paramedic school in 2016.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:43 pm

Floor Layer. Carpet, Vinyl, Vinyl and Carpet Tiles. Domestic and Commercial. Floor grinding, preparation.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:02 pm

Well, I am Student studying accountancy (currently second year, one year left after this), then after that comes the dreaded professional exams to become a chartered accountant. Fortunately, the Uni I am at offer 9 exemptions at the end of course, so I only have to do 6 or so of those professional exams. Then I plan to work as an accountant for 10+ years and then I want to study Paleontology, but knowing me I won't bother with it and stick to being an accountant lol

TheBritWriter
Banned

Post by TheBritWriter » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:15 pm

Oh I'm nobody in particular though I have been asked to get rid of a few troubles here and there, stitches mind you, and fabrics, nothing to do with fabricating evidence on behalf of the mob, only a cold, heartless, yet brilliant sociopath would do something like that.

But what do I know? I'm only a simple tailor...

Ok on a more serious note I've been employed by the NHS in the UK for over 10 years, first working as a cleaner in a mental health hospital, despite being strangled twice and nearly stabbed with scissors I honestly didn't mind the work for the most part. It was more to the support staff rather engaging with the TV and not focusing on their job which was to ensure such behaviours didn't happen. (And its not like they were on the cheap, they were paid 19k a year to do a straight forward job, well till wages got restructured and whoever joined since was on 16k instead. I still work at the hospital but as bank due to it being my second pension scheme.

I have moved onto a new job with the trust and that's as a housekeeper on the birth suite, very demanding and I confess that the language barrier is the greatest issue, I don't know why but there is a lot of people from ethnic communities that are outright reluctant to speak English and it makes the work difficult, I even studied some Urdu to better prepare my role.

I did have a third job as a event steward (SIA badge) with G4S, there were some fun parts, like stewarding Silverstone, commonwealth games, and NATO at Cardiff, however I didn't do the Olympics, no one could as (in my case) I was contracted with the local client and other music/sport events. Also I got a email informing me my application was rejected because they had enough staff for the event. Though to be fair G4S have been brilliant on training me up, but I spent four years as zero hour contract event steward and it's not fun, plus housekeeping was demanding in itself. So am down to housekeeping and one bank with the intent to keep weekends free and explore the british isles in it's entirety, when I have done all that I dreamed about I may go back to G4S. Maybe even sooner if they didn't have a 'theme song' that had to be played during online induction! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BvUGiG893U

My friend has described me best as the chef trying to find the perfect reciepe, something am trying to ease away from!

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:53 am

I majored in sociolinguistics at university and graduated last year. I'm now working as a novice programmer, but honestly I don't like my current job.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 pm

This year I will graduate at Laws. Yesterday I did my OAB exam and thank God I will manage to be aproved. I'm working on an office right now and attempting to open my own office.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:32 pm

Currently a college biochemistry major, kendō instructor, Jeet Kune Do instructor, and...voice actor for fan works that never seem to get finished.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:47 pm

I've recently transferred schools and am now teaching high school Biology.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:08 am

Currenty working late nights 9PM-5AM at a Dunkin' Donuts. Saving up some money for a car to lease. But whatever doesn't go towards that is usually what goes toward side things. Plan on going to College next semester. Will major in acting or something audio related and attempt to minor in Japanese.

Aritz182

Post by Aritz182 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:58 pm

Hello, I am Aritz :mrgreen:
I'm from Bilbao, Spain.
I have a master degree in Media Communications - Marketing & Public Relations.
Worked in Los Angeles, CA in Arenas Entertainment (Film Marketing Company) and in Universal Music.
Curretly working in my home town at the Markeking department in Last Tour, a company with extensive experience in the world of culture and music.
We promote around 8 music festivals in Spain, with an attendance of more than 500.000 people btw all of them.
Well, this is me: http://www.linkedin.com/in/aritzgr/es :thumbup: