The main site is linking to an online shopping website?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: The main site is linking to an online shopping website?

Post by Bullza » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:00 pm

Clicked on back to main website and now it's taking me to a different online shopping site, one to do with cheap Louis Vuitton bags.

SSuperVegito

Post by SSuperVegito » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:33 pm

Hujio wrote:Alright, everything from our end should be fixed. However, it will probably take search engines a bit of time to catch up, which is why there are some blank pages showing up for people.
So is the website hacked and the website redirecting into is full of malware or what?.

just a little worried.

thanks for fixing it .

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:50 pm

Alright, so here's the deal. There was a bit of malware that got slipped into our WordPress install (the main site) by one of our adverts so that if a call was made to the site by a search engine (Google, Yahoo, etc.) it would redirect the site to a shady spam site. For anyone concerned, there's no need to worry about the malware affecting your personal computer; that's not how this type of site-specific malware works. That said, all of the corrupted files have been removed and/or cleaned up, and it looks like Google and other search engines are starting to properly pick the site back up again. I'm hoping this resolves everything, so if anyone notices anything at all, please let me know immediately.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:16 pm

Hujio wrote:Alright, so here's the deal. There was a bit of malware that got slipped into our WordPress install (the main site) by one of our adverts so that if a call was made to the site by a search engine (Google, Yahoo, etc.) it would redirect the site to a shady spam site. For anyone concerned, there's no need to worry about the malware affecting your personal computer; that's not how this type of site-specific malware works. That said, all of the corrupted files have been removed and/or cleaned up, and it looks like Google and other search engines are starting to properly pick the site back up again. I'm hoping this resolves everything, so if anyone notices anything at all, please let me know immediately.
Huijo, you need a Saiyaman helmet for your avatar, because you are the superhero for the day :thumbup:
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Joppuman

Post by Joppuman » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:31 pm

I'm sure you know, but it seems to be happening again. this is not a good time for this considering all the new movie news.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Who is your ad network? I'm surprised this kinda thing is happening. Do you have anything like CloudFlare implemented?
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:03 pm

Glad to hear it's been settled!
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:39 am

The links to the episode guide are now broken. I was wondering if this had something to do with the same problem.

EDIT: Actually, the links to all the guides seem to be broken.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:14 pm

Everything is currently broken on purpose, so just hold tight. If you try to visit the main page, you'll get a message explaining things (sort of).

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:56 pm

Alright, well that was fun. After a long day, I think we're finally done with this mess. It appears that all of the new DNS information has finally propagated everywhere and all our traffic is now being directed through our new firewall. Hooray! :clap:

Here's what went down. The malware that slipped into our WordPress install last week also installed a wonderful 301 (permanent) redirect, which then propagated out onto the web and was cached by search engines and all of your wonderful computers. Therefore, if you tried to directly access the main site's index file, you'd automatically be redirected to a spam site, even though there was no longer any malware on the main website. To counter this I've switched our IP address and DNS information, instead directing traffic to our new firewall and away from the malicious 301 redirect. I've also implemented several security measures on the back-end as well, but I won't go into detail on those. If you are still being redirected somewhere other than Kanzenshuu, please first try deleting all of your cookies and clearing your cache. If for some reason that doesn't solve the problem, then let me know.

On a side note, some of you may have noticed earlier today that the site's main page was down for a while, along with the majority of the main site at one point. That was all intentional on my end so I could have uninhibited access to certain files. I always hate doing that, but sometimes you just gotta do it. Everything should be working properly again on that end as well, but if you notice anything that seems off, please let me know.

And now I will wipe my hands clean from all this and move on to other site-related things that I had been intending to work on this past week instead of dealing with this fiasco. Such is life though. Thanks for you patience everyone!

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:11 pm

I'm still seeing Google search redirecting to http://www.ilovebuyunique.com/ :(

Bing search foes to the same page, but duckduckgo results redirect to http://www.innovationliveshere.org/

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:24 pm

Desire, you're killing me. :P

Have you completely deleted your cache and cookies, closed the browser, and then reopened it? I still had the redirecting issue when I got home from work, but I cleared everything and restarted my browser, and boom, no more redirecting. I'm still looking into the possibility of not all of the traffic being redirected through the firewall, so let you know if that's still a problem.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:27 pm

I've tried deleting all cookies and deleting the entire cache for Kanzenshuu, but I'm still getting the same problem.

My situation is almost identical to desirecampbell's; I got the same sites he did on the same search engines except for DuckDuckGo, which redirected just fine for me. I've also tried searching for the main site of Kanzenshuu through Yahoo, but it also redirects me to the handbag site.

However, I did just click on "Forget About This Site" for both sites on my Firefox history, and now as long as I don't search for the main page of Kanzenshuu through a major internet search engine like Google, Yahoo, or Bing, I'm fine. Search engines like DuckDuckGo and Ixquick redirect just fine. Also, clicking on "Back to Main Website" at the top of the forum, clicking on "News" from another page on the main website, clicking on the logo from the main website, and searching on my Firefox search bar redirect just fine for me.

Apparently, someone just really wants us to buy handbags.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:15 am

Hujio wrote:Desire, you're killing me. :P

Have you completely deleted your cache and cookies, closed the browser, and then reopened it? I still had the redirecting issue when I got home from work, but I cleared everything and restarted my browser, and boom, no more redirecting. I'm still looking into the possibility of not all of the traffic being redirected through the firewall, so let you know if that's still a problem.
I've got the handbag page too, and this is the first time I've been to the Kanzenshuu main page in over a month.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:57 am

I just tried again on all three major search engines (Google, Yahoo, and Bing) and the links work correctly now. The description for Kanzenshuu on Yahoo and Bing still says info about the handbag sites, but I assume that will work itself out soon.

Hopefully that's the last of this.

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:44 pm

So I did some checking this morning, and it appears that the issue some users are still having is stemming from slow DNS propagation to some global servers. As these global servers start dumping their caches throughout the day, we should be all good to go. I've also dumped all of the Kanzenshuu caches, so you should be seeing the proper pages from our end. Unfortunately this is sometimes the worst part, as you just have to sit and wait; there's nothing you can do from this end.

UPDATE: It looks like only one server in Australia is still bypassing the firewall, so once that updates, we should finally be done with this mess.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:14 pm

Hujio wrote:So I did some checking this morning, and it appears that the issue some users are still having is stemming from slow DNS propagation to some global servers. As these global servers start dumping their caches throughout the day, we should be all good to go. I've also dumped all of the Kanzenshuu caches, so you should be seeing the proper pages from our end. Unfortunately this is sometimes the worst part, as you just have to sit and wait; there's nothing you can do from this end.

UPDATE: It looks like only one server in Australia is still bypassing the firewall, so once that updates, we should finally be done with this mess.
Looks like everything is fine now. :D