About editing posts

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: About editing posts

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:59 am

That would work, but I feel like if that were an option, it would have been implemented already. No objections from me if that's possible, though.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:39 pm

On the subject of editing posts I found that today I'm unable to edit posts that I made prior to the 17th.

Is this a problem that I'm just having or everyone? If it is just me does anyone know why that may be the case?

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Looks like there's a 48 hour (?) limit on edits now.

Admin clarification on this change?

I'm not a fan of this. As has been noted several times, this makes updating long-running threads impossible. Using Marc's suggestion on the previous page sounds like an acceptable compromise for most, even if I do disagree with it morally.

EDIT: Seems the decision was reversed. Very confused.
Last edited by Ajay on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:09 pm

Let me say that I am in total agreement with Kamiccolo9 on this one. The minor inconveniences caused by the occasional member taking the ridiculous amount of trouble to edit ALL of his/her posts (I mean, really, how many people would go to that much trouble?) seems completely insubstantial to the inconveniences that would be caused to members who have legitimate needs to update their posts.

And I was planning to say this already before I read the more recent updates to the thread that suggest that such an editing lock has already been put into place. I know I find it disappointing that I apparently can no longer keep my Dragon Ball Dissection list up-to-date in that thread or make it obvious by the title that the series has been updated, and that's just small potatoes compared to other members' lists of guides, polls, and other such information that's much more conveniently kept in the first post of a thread. Oh, well. That's just my two cents.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2