Random Question...

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Big Green The Yoshi
Beyond Newbie

Random Question...

Post by Big Green The Yoshi » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:16 pm

Is Kanzenshuu a Forumotion forum?

It looks pretty good for one.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Re: Random Question...

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:34 pm

No, the forum is not free, if that's what you're asking. The staff still has to pay bills for both website and forum. There's a reason why there are ads on forum when you're not logged in.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Big Green The Yoshi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Green The Yoshi » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:37 pm

I know it's not free... Of course it'd be a paid forum, otherwise it wouldn't be this successful.

The forum just reminds me of the general layout Forumotion provides. You can also pay for a forum through Forumotion, just like Mishimi's (failure) forum, Dragon Ball Makai.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:19 pm

The forum runs on software called phpBB. The visual theme is an adjusted version of an existing one; Hujio coded it up, so I can't speak to those details.

The current install of the forum (meaning all of its data, posts, etc.) dates back to January 2004. It was directly integrated into the account system of the website once we merged into Kanzenshuu in April 2012.

Ads were not added for non-logged-in users until earlier this year.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::