Kunzait's comeback is too much for my PC!

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Kunzait's comeback is too much for my PC!

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:30 pm

Okay, I know I have a terrible computer, but I don't have a problem opening and reading topics on Kanzenshuu, nor do I have a problem with other sites I go too, but whenever I open Kunzait's behemoth of a thread going in-depth about Wuxia in relation to Dragon Ball, my computer crashes either immediately or after a while. I managed to read, that he was posting loads of pictures and gifs(?) in that thread, so is that what's causing the crash?
Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Kunzait's comeback is too much for my PC!

Post by Chuquita » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:17 pm

It crashes my phone's browser unless I click "do not display images" on the browser's settings ahead of time. That's really the only work around I have as he said in the thread that spoiler tagging it all wouldn't do.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:32 pm

I just posted about it in his thread, and barely managed to do so. I manged to type up a response, slip in, click reply and post before my browser fucking rage quit like every other time I tried to open it. Which is a shame, as it really does seem like an interesting read, so I would love to go through it, but by browser can't seem to handle it if I leave it on the topic for more than a few seconds.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:49 pm

Well, aside from taking a bit to load all the images, my laptop is running the pages just fine, and it's nothing special. I'm on Chrome, if that matters.

Maybe try switching your laptop into high-performance, if it's not already there?

I can imagine that this thread would be a nightmare on a phone, though.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:01 am

Originally the entire thing was all on the first page. That's no longer the case: the entire behemoth of a post is now hereby spread out across three pages. Not sure if that makes it workable for EVERYONE, but it certainly improves the loading by leaps and bounds for me on my end.

My absolute sincerest apologies to anyone for whom this has caused any amount of technical headaches.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:13 am

Kunzait_83 wrote:Not sure if that makes it workable for EVERYONE, but it certainly improves the loading by leaps and bounds for me on my end.
For what it's worth, my ancient MacBook loads it just fine. Some people I've showed it to have had issues however.
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

SuicidalZerg
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuicidalZerg » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:34 am

Kunzait_83 wrote:Originally the entire thing was all on the first page. That's no longer the case: the entire behemoth of a post is now hereby spread out across three pages. Not sure if that makes it workable for EVERYONE, but it certainly improves the loading by leaps and bounds for me on my end.
Works for me, everything loads just fine... I wouldn't advise opening up all 3 pages at once, though... that made my browser ragequit while using nearly 3 GB of RAM, lol.
Nozawaberries commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdqta3iB6ZM

Twitch stream: http://www.twitch.tv/suicidalzerg
Planet Minecraft skins: http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/son_gohan/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SC2SuicidalZerg
NA Battle tag: SuicidalZerg.158
MC username: SuicidalZerg

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:52 am

What I do is stop the page loading once the page opens. In Firefox, is the little "x" on the right of the address bar. Then I manually enable the images by right clicking the "image" text throughout the page (which are unloaded images), and selecting "reload image", so that my RAM isn't overwhelmed and I can control how much is being loaded, so that I can cease if things get too slow.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:09 pm

Now that it's spread across multiple pages, I was finally able to get through it (and it only crashed once). xD
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:57 am

I did what Metalwario64 suggested and was able to read through the entire thing(though I haven't checked out all the images and gifs yet).
Even though the images and pictures have been spread out on several pages instead of one, I'm still not letting the pc load a full page.
I could probably view it properly on another computer or if I raise this one to high-performance like Kamicollo suggested(though I don't know how to do that!).
But thanks for the help and suggestions!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:44 am

dbgtFO wrote: I could probably view it properly on another computer or if I raise this one to high-performance like Kamicollo suggested(though I don't know how to do that!).
Dunno what kind of computer you're using, but if it's HP or Dell, you should be able to right click on the battery icon at the bottom, click on Power Options, and there should be some power plans available.

Like I said, I dunno if it'll work, but it's worth a try.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:35 pm

Page 1 alone loads 600 megs, which frankly is sort of ludicrous and insanely stupid to setup information on a forum that way.

I'd say it's unreasonable to have made a thread like that to be honest. I'd say kill the image embeds and make them plain links.

Or make your own site with readable and reasonably loadable pages.
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.