Celebrating 10 Years of the Podcast!!

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Celebrating 10 Years of the Podcast!!

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:59 am

It's been mentioned a few times on Twitter, but I'm a little surprised that no one's brought it up here yet.

I just wanna give a massive congratulations to the staff (and anyone else who has been involved over the years) on reaching a decade of the podcast. In internet time, that's pretty much a century. :lol: I know I've done an embarrassing amount of gushing over the show a lot on this forum throughout the years, but I do believe it's justified and well deserved. It's literally provided me with days of free entertainment and it introduced me to the medium as a whole. I find it crazy that a lot of my friends are just discovering podcasts now, yet this one has been going since we were all still in primary school. I myself didn't discover it until 2009/2010. Since then, I think I've listened to every episode at least twice- some maybe four or five times. It really has played a significant role in sustaining my fandom. Everything from the continued enthusiasm, to the new and differing perspectives, to the in-depth research and discussion; it's been enlightening...and entertaining! So a big thanks for your efforts over the past 10 years, you guys are still the masters of anything and everything Dragon Ball. :D

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Celebrating 10 Years of the Podcast!!

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:47 am

Super mega appreciate that.

I'd/we'd be happy to answer any questions anyone might have, and happy to simply get a nice comment about the show in general :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:21 am

VegettoEX wrote:Super mega appreciate that.

I'd/we'd be happy to answer any questions anyone might have, and happy to simply get a nice comment about the show in general :).
I'm fairly new here so I haven't experienced many of the podcasts, but its so cool that this has been going on for so long. It's very neat to just listen to people chat about Dragon Ball. I'll get caught up one of these days. Huge congrats to you and the rest of the team, you're all awesome.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:33 am

I have to say, the Podcast has been a huge joy to listen to, and Kanzenshuu (and the two sites it existed as before the merger) have no doubt played a big role in maintaining and shaping my fandom.

Something Mike actually said the previous episode really cemented this for me: "Dragon Ball is stupid. It's a stupid series for children. But if you're going to report news, do it fucking properly!"

Good site. Good show. Generally far better than we deserve. Thanks a ton for doing what you guys do.