Kanzenshuu End of the Year Awards: 2015 Edition

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Kanzenshuu End of the Year Awards: 2015 Edition

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:17 pm

Greetings and salutations all! During this most festive time of the year, I have taken it upon myself to create a thread in which we can honor members of the forum who have stood out among the rest over the past year. Taking the basic idea from SSj_Rambo's thread here.

So, I guess I'll get this started. People who follow, feel free to make your own categories.

Best New Member: irreality
-For the purpose of this category, I define "new member" as someone who has joined since January 1, 2015, and I only considered those with at least 200 posts. Not because those with fewer posts were necessarily of lesser quality, but because someone with such little input most likely hasn't had been able to actively affect the forum as a whole.

irreality has had significant posting experience in the majority of areas of the forum, and most of the posts are well-written and either add to ongoing discussion or open new avenues of discussion. And, unlike the vast majority of new members, irreality has stuck around long enough to contribute to the community, as opposed to showing up for a single post to say something negative about Resurrection F or Super, and never be seen again. So, first award goes to this guy.

Most Helpful and/or Informative: TheDevilsCorpse When I saw this category on the old list, I immediately thought of this guy. His work in the Heroes thread, as well as his general knowledge of the franchise, specifically in the area of Dragon Ball Online, has been a huge help to me in several of my own project. Kudos to him.

Best Thread of 2015: This one was no contest, and it came out of nowhere in September. I speak, of course, of Dragon Ball's True Genre: We Need to Talk about Wuxia by Kunzait_83. Quite possibly the most informative and in-depth topic I've seen since I joined a few years ago, I learned so much from this topic. And I highly recommend that everyone else who hasn't already checked it out do so as soon as they have an hour or so to read through it.

Most Memorable Thread of 2015: I had to make a separate category for this, as I felt that was no way for me to do this list without at least mentioning the monolith that dominated the forum during the middle of the year. I speak, of course, of the Official Resurrection F Thread. Regardless of whether you considered this thread to be your chief source of knowledge about the new movie, or as a wretched hive of scum and villainy, none can deny that anyone will be forgetting it any time soon.

Member with the Best Attitude: Exploding into popularity with the aforementioned thread, there was an outgrowth of general negativity amongst several members of the forum. A few users stood against this, and fewer still fought back with positive optimism. The one that stood out the most to me was Gyt Kaliba.

Staff Member of the Year: This was a tough one. Given the atrocity that was the movie thread, and the general call for more moderation that comes with a huge influx of new members, along with plenty of behind the scenes developments, I'm declaring this one to be a victory to the staff as a whole. The Clean-Up Crew for moderation, Mike for general site maintenance and such, Julian for work with translations concerning the influx of new stuff, Heath for his work on the wiki, and Herms for general Hermsness.

Funniest Member: Captain Sora. Getting lazy at this point, so I'll just say he's the most entertaining guy in the Skype chat.

I'll add some more later. Everybody else feel free to throw in your own categories. Happy Holidays!
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Kanzenshuu End of the Year Awards: 2015 Edition

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:34 am

Best username: Insertclevername. Cause it's clever.
Funniest Member: DBZAOTA. Asides from his/her ChiCHi posts I really enjoy his/her posts and are a joy to read.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:12 pm

Oh wow, how am I just now noticing this. Much kudos for the call out, Kamicollo! :thumbup: I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I've always felt there's more value to be had in talking more about the stuff one does like than the stuff one doesn't (not that you can't or shouldn't talk about negative things of course - hell, we all need to vent). So I try to encourage more of that kinda outlook as much as I can. Can't say it's been too easy or catching lately though...
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:52 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Oh wow, how am I just now noticing this. Much kudos for the call out, Kamicollo! :thumbup: I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I've always felt there's more value to be had in talking more about the stuff one does like than the stuff one doesn't (not that you can't or shouldn't talk about negative things of course - hell, we all need to vent). So I try to encourage more of that kinda outlook as much as I can. Can't say it's been too easy or catching lately though...
I don't even think it's really about focusing on the things you like, it's that Kanzenshuu is supposed to be a great place for discussion. So while most of the positive posts are fairly indepth and worth talking about (stuff written is my own, I'm not calling anyone out):
  • "I really like this episodes. The color pallet used was a bit different from the previous one, and that helped to really set the atmosphere and tone. Blah, blah, blah..."
The negative ones are usually (not always) just vile shitposts that aren't worth reading:
  • "HAHAH. Gohan's pathetic."
    "Really Toei?"
    "Fucking sucks."
    "Toriyama's a hack!"
    "lol NOPE."
No one is going to force you to like something you don't like. If you don't like it though, at least be constructive about it and add to the discussion. Otherwise, take whatever you have to say to social media or something, because those kind of posts sure as hell don't fit what this site aims to achieve and I get so, soooo tired of reading them.
(Sadly, this is one of the things I wish the moderation team could help keep more in check, but I understand how difficult that is with real life and actual site work for staff.)
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)