Is this translation intentional?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Is this translation intentional?

Post by MozillaVulpix » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:46 pm

I was just browsing through the manga guide, and I wanted to see how they covered the part where Gohan becomes a Super Saiyan 2 for the first time. I was looking at the summary for Chapter 407, and I saw this:

“Son Gohan… It’s not a crime to fight for the sake of what is just. I won’t discuss it, the enemy is here too. Let your spirit free and be as angry as it likes. I know how you feel, but you no longer need to control yourself.” Cell says it’s good advice, but he’ll do things his own way. “Please protect the nature and animals that I loved.” Then Cell steps on his head, smashing it.

That line really confused me, because I've never seen it translated that way. Is that more accurate than "there are those who won't listen to words"? Or is it a mistake?
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Re: Is this translation intentional?

Post by sailorspazz » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:56 pm

I took a look at it, and it's more along the lines that some opponents can't be swayed by words alone (putting it slightly stylistically...more literally would be that words are useless against certain people).
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube