"Nine year old born everyday"

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gian2408

"Nine year old born everyday"

Post by Gian2408 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:32 am

Can someone please explain the "nine year old born everyday" joke? thanks :)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: "Nine year old born everyday"

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:22 am

It was a direct quote from FUNimation marketing B.S. back during the early justification for cropping the show for the orange bricks.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:00 am

"But DBZ's not for kids cuz violence! Don't Funi know that?!"

I am seriously going to start using that funimation quote whenever that argument shows up.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Gian2408

Post by Gian2408 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:55 am

I hope the idiot that thinks saying something that retarded is a decent justification for destroying Dragon Ball is no longer with Funimation

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:36 pm

Gian2408 wrote:I hope the idiot that thinks saying something that retarded is a decent justification for destroying Dragon Ball is no longer with Funimation
I really don't think it's worth taking to that extreme. It was a silly, off-hand comment. Sure, it was dumb, and it's funny to bring it up again from time-to-time, but it's not really worth any mental real estate beyond that.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:56 pm

VegettoEX wrote:It was a direct quote from FUNimation marketing B.S. back during the early justification for cropping the show for the orange bricks.
Wow. I never even knew this was a thing. The more you know. :)