Lurkers?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ringworm128
Banned

Lurkers?

Post by Ringworm128 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:52 am

Tonight I was going through random profiles out of sheer boredom when I noticed there were quite a few members who have barely posted in the last 5-10 years but still log in from time to time. Which got me interested, just how many lurkers use this forum and still keep up with Kanzenshuu and its community while remaining invisible?

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: Lurkers?

Post by Nejishiki » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:14 am

Technically, I've been lurking these forums since it was Daizenshuu EX, even having an account back in 2002? 2003? At least? Of course there's no way I remember my old login details, ahaha. Despite that, I've always visited this community and lurked for as long as I could to read all of the interesting posts. I suppose my own posts are kept to a minimum even now because most of our insightful members speak out the words I would already say! I'm just a hunter for any material that might need my service, but I'll stay in my rice cooker until that moment arrives.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:02 pm

I don't know if other members would consider me a lurker nowadays, but I know about two or three years ago, I was definitely a lurker. However, I wouldn't consider myself active like I was shortly after I joined. I think I've fallen into the "semi-active" category lately. However, I do check the forum at least once a day even if I don't log in.

Anyway, I know for me, I find that it's often hard to discuss things on here in-depth nowadays, because there are other members who have way more concrete and well-thought-out opinions on different topics than I could ever hope to have. Plus, as Nejishiki said, other members will often say what I would've posted in said topics.

Nonetheless, I do check in every now and then, and whenever I feel like I have something significant to say about a certain topic, I'll go ahead and post it. Otherwise, I like to leave the in-depth discussions to other members.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:14 pm

I lurked the forums from 2004 - 2008 before creating an account in 2009.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Adrian Malacoda
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Adrian Malacoda » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:31 pm

I'm on here pretty much every day, I just rarely post because I have little to offer.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:48 am

Even if I don't post everyday, I still log in and check in.

KND

Post by KND » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:56 pm

Lurker here.
Lurking since 2008 I think.
I log in the forum at least two times a day. Mostly to see the Video Game forum. But also the Website & Community forum hoping to see any news about the wiki (I wish that I could also lurk the wiki. One can dream)
I love the podcast and I watch closely Herms, he creates the better topics in the forum.
I don`t post too much cause writing in english is too tiresome (I take several minutes to write simple sentences and I think that I dont make myself clear most of the times)

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Mon May 02, 2016 12:06 pm

It is me.

I am a lurker.
KND wrote:Lurker here.
Lurking since 2008 I think.
I log in the forum at least two times a day. Mostly to see the Video Game forum. But also the Website & Community forum hoping to see any news about the wiki (I wish that I could also lurk the wiki. One can dream)
I love the podcast and I watch closely Herms, he creates the better topics in the forum.
I don`t post too much cause writing in english is too tiresome (I take several minutes to write simple sentences and I think that I dont make myself clear most of the times)
Your English seems fairly impeccable from that post!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun May 22, 2016 2:02 am

If you check the site everyday and the forums weekly, how long does it need to be since your last post before you're considered a lurker instead of a poster?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun May 22, 2016 2:30 am

Big Momma wrote:If you check the site everyday and the forums weekly, how long does it need to be since your last post before you're considered a lurker instead of a poster?
For me, two months. I could very easily become a lurker down the line, as I love this sit, Dragon Ball and the community.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

SsjRavi

Post by SsjRavi » Tue May 24, 2016 4:38 am

Been lurking since 2006 I guess, didn't use to post as threads are usually massive and I didn't want to have to read through everything to see if something had already been asked.

More recently I have been using the subreddit because of the convenience of accessing threads from my phone and being able to sort comments based on rating etc.
"No. A sword is a weapon. Kenjutsu is the art of killing. Whatever pretty words you use to speak of it, this is its true nature. What Miss Kaoru says are the words of one who has never dirtied her hands. An idealistic joke. But, I like Miss Kaoru's idealism better than its true nature. If one can ask so much, I want the world to accept this joke as its true nature."
- Himura Kenshin

Kakkeron

Post by Kakkeron » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:11 pm

I've lurked this site for a long time. Probably from when it was Daizenshuu EX? I dunno, it's been a while.

I mostly lurk around looking for cool Dragonball collections etc, mainly to add to my own collection.

This is my first post ever.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:18 pm

I lurked for a very short period before joining.

I wonder if that MajinVejitaXV guy is still lurking around... :think:

Anyway, not sure if this thread should be revived or not. Nonetheless, a welcome to Kakkeron!
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Kakkeron

Post by Kakkeron » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:22 am

Thanks!

Yeah sorry for reviving the thread, just figured I'd finally say hello!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:54 am

The old days of Daizenshuu EX is much different now. Half of the old members from those days are hardly around.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:47 pm

I read Kanzenshuu posts on occasion for a while, then I realized "Hey, I can join this!" and signed up quickly. Been here ever since, and I don't plan to go anywhere anytime soon.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:46 pm

I was a lurker, for a veeeeee~eeeeeeerrrryyyy long time, only started commenting recently

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 pm

Gog wrote:I was a lurker, for a veeeeee~eeeeeeerrrryyyy long time, only started commenting recently
There have been people who have lurked since it was "Daizenshuu EX". Two weeks are small potatoes compared to those people.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:28 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:
Gog wrote:I was a lurker, for a veeeeee~eeeeeeerrrryyyy long time, only started commenting recently
There have been people who have lurked since it was "Daizenshuu EX". Two weeks are small potatoes compared to those people.
I lurked for half a year, then joined for two weeks! Those are some big potatoes!

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:34 am

Gog wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
I lurked for half a year, then joined for two weeks! Those are some big potatoes!
I'd say sightly bigger then small potatoes.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸