Forum Upgrade to phpBB 3.1

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Re: Forum Upgrade to phpBB 3.1

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:17 am

Got a suggestion.

Every once in a while I see some users necrobumping certain threads that have been inactive for months (and even years!).

I was thinking about installing a funtion similar to what reddit.com has, after 6 months of being posted the posts are instantly locked, in Kanzenshuu case it would work something like this: after "X weeks/months" of inactivity, threads are instantly locked (exception being the sticky threads)

Is it possible to implement this @Hujio?
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:24 am

It's possible, but we don't want that to be a rule handled by technology. There are cases where it's appropriate within a certain timeframe (sometimes even very long ones), and we don't want that ability to go away just on the off-chance that someone necroposts for seemingly no reason in a really old thread. In that (rare) case, just report it and we'll handle it like we normally do (which is to say, once in a blue moon where it's not really an issue).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:18 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Got a suggestion.

Every once in a while I see some users necrobumping certain threads that have been inactive for months (and even years!).

I was thinking about installing a funtion similar to what reddit.com has, after 6 months of being posted the posts are instantly locked, in Kanzenshuu case it would work something like this: after "X weeks/months" of inactivity, threads are instantly locked (exception being the sticky threads)

Is it possible to implement this @Hujio?
There are threads that have lasted for years, and are still active, like the Unpopular DB opinions thread. Locking them arbitrarily, is a but dumb IMO.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:22 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote: There are threads that have lasted for years, and are still active, like the Unpopular DB opinions thread. Locking them arbitrarily, is a but dumb IMO.
My suggestion only applied to long inactive thread(s), not active ones like the above.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:19 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote: There are threads that have lasted for years, and are still active, like the Unpopular DB opinions thread. Locking them arbitrarily, is a but dumb IMO.
My suggestion only applied to long inactive thread(s), not active ones like the above.
But wouldn't this affect inactive threads that are stickied?

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:34 pm

Read carefuly what I wrote in my original post.