Forum Upgrade to phpBB 3.1

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Forum Upgrade to phpBB 3.1

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:34 pm

Can I be terrible and ask for 150x150 avatars, too?

I do love the new notifications, though. It makes it easier to tell which threads I'm more actively keeping up with.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:49 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:What does it mean when it shows "Last active: -" on a user's profile?
It is the time that the user was last active on the forum. Essentially, it is the last time they were logged in and did something, which could be as little as read a topic.
JulieYBM wrote:Can I be terrible and ask for 150x150 avatars, too?
Sure, ask away.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:01 pm

Hujio wrote:It is the time that the user was last active on the forum. Essentially, it is the last time they were logged in and did something, which could be as little as read a topic.
Well, specifically when it shows a hyphen instead of the time. Like on yours, for instance.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:06 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Hujio wrote:It is the time that the user was last active on the forum. Essentially, it is the last time they were logged in and did something, which could be as little as read a topic.
Well, specifically when it shows a hyphen instead of the time. Like on yours, for instance.
That's because he has "Hide my online status" turned on indefinitely, so it can't publicly show, when he was last active.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:08 pm

Hujio wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Can I be terrible and ask for 150x150 avatars, too?
Sure, ask away.
...I'm almost afraid to ask.

Can has 150x150 avatars?
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:09 pm

dbgtFO wrote:That's because he has "Hide my online status" turned on indefinitely, so it can't publicly show, when he was last active.
That was my only guess, but I wanted to confirm. Thank you! :D
MyAnimeList | AniList

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:40 pm

I don't know many forum members who mess with post titles, so this is really only a problem when it comes to us Moderators, but...

Ever since the upgrade, the main/index page of the forum has shown the most recent post's title rather than the name of the thread being posted in. If you alter the title of your post, or in a mod's case when you move posts/split topics/whatever, the index doesn't reflect which thread is actually being replied to. For example, I just moved posts for an off topic Gohan discussion from "Will we ever see Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta or not?" into the thread "Mystic and Super Saiyan... One last time". After the move, I replied to the latter thread, but the index still showed my reply as "Re: Will we ever see Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta or not?" because the post quoted for my reply had that as the title, even though I wasn't posting in that thread. I had to manually edit my title to the thread it was actually in.

I don't know if you can or want to do something about that, but I figured I'd point it out.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:38 pm

I hate to double post when I have indefinite edit as a mod, but that won't bring up the new post alert...

Anyway, I seem to have found a new problem. I'm using Safari on iOS mobile and I can't seem to get spoiler tags to open.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

MatrixChap
Beyond Newbie

Post by MatrixChap » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:46 pm

The remote avatar section in User Control Panel doesn't seem to accept avatar rotation, such as from SignAvatar.
However, it does accept an image URL.
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I hope there's a way to fix it.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:02 pm

MatrixChap wrote:The remote avatar section in User Control Panel doesn't seem to accept avatar rotation, such as from SignAvatar.
However, it does accept an image URL.
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I hope there's a way to fix it.
My avatar rotation works fine.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:15 pm

As does mine, but I haven't removed the link since I started rotation. His just won't accept the link when he tries to paste it in.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:15 pm

Recently, i noticed that the index page always says 5 guests. Like literally every time, even 3 days ago when a new Super episode aired. It said there are only 5 guests, which was odd because usually there are like 100+ guests checking the forum every time a new Super airs. It's happening in the Dragon Ball Super sub-section too.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:11 pm

I don't know whether this is correct or not, but I've noticed that every topic in Active Topics is in the Dragon Ball Super sub-section. None of them are in General Franchise Discussion or anything else, which is surprising. Again, I don't know if it's supposed to be that way or not.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:08 pm

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. I honestly haven't checked that page for quite a while, so I didn't even notice. Anyway, it's an easy fix. For some reason the Dragon Ball Super forum was the only one selected to be shown. All the other forums should show up now on the Active Topics list.

Also, as I'm sure most people have noticed already, I did fix the display of guests on the index page. The forum was listing all guests under only five or six IP addresses, so the system wasn't differentiating them as individual guests.

If anyone notices any other little issues like that, please let me know (or post them here).
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:40 pm

I noticed the guests were back for sure this past Saturday. So far there's no other tidbits, other than the avatar link doesn't accept rotation sites. It just has an invalid URL error.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:11 pm

I guess the only major issue I've run into, and it's something that happened a lot pre-upgrade, was that hitting "Submit" would often take me straight back to the thread, and I'd have to hit back and resubmit for it to finally post.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:21 pm

Didn't know where to put this question, so might as well here:

When I go to the "Dragon Ball" section of the forums, there's a message almost at the bottom of the page, right above the "WHO IS ONLINE" function, that says:

You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum.

Which seems strange, as I'm perfectly capable of reading topics, from all of the sub-forums, so I'm wondering, if there are hidden topics in the "Dragon Ball" section itself, that only mods and staff can see, or if it's just a very strange error?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:42 pm

dbgtFO wrote:When I go to the "Dragon Ball" section of the forums, there's a message almost at the bottom of the page, right above the "WHO IS ONLINE" function, that says:
You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum.
Which seems strange, as I'm perfectly capable of reading topics, from all of the sub-forums, so I'm wondering, if there are hidden topics in the "Dragon Ball" section itself, that only mods and staff can see, or if it's just a very strange error?
The same thing occurs with me, in the "Dragon Ball" and "Kanzenshuu" sections.

Anyway, though, I wanted to mention that it'd be cool to be able to sort members by age in the search function. I was about to make a thread, but I realized it didn't seem quite worthy of such.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:17 pm

150 x 150 might be a bit too big, I could easily see them bordering on big 200 x 200 avatars. IMO 100x100 is a good size, big enough to pop out on the screen but still small enough to be a compact little icon.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:43 pm

Back to this thread after so long. I'm wondering why "New posts" and "Active topics" seem to serve the same purpose. There's no difference between the threads that appear in each one.
MyAnimeList | AniList