Welcoming Three New Moderators

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Welcoming Three New Moderators

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:14 am

Huh. We haven't done this in a long time...!

And that may come across as making a statement when it's not necessarily intended to be one (a la, "oh shit, things must be real bad, they brought on more help"). Quite frankly, we're bringing on more help because the four of us that run Kanzenshuu — Mike (VegettoEX), Heath (Hujio), Julian (SaiyaJedi), Jake (Herms) — have other work to do. We absolutely love the community beyond all comprehension, but every moment we're doing something here is a moment that we could be doing something else for the website. There are so many incredible initiatives that we're hoping to launch this year that this moderation opportunity just makes a ton of sense from our end.

And since every single time we think we have a new project (WIKI?!) or guide (GODS/CANON?!) ready to roll, Shueisha/Toei decide to launch their own new initiative that completely up-ends the progress we've made... aaaarrgghhhh, we need catch-up time to work on this stuff!

The diverse names you'll see below should be pretty familiar to you. They're all folks that have either been around for a long time and/or have made a substantial impact in the time that they have been here. We're ecstatic to have them as a part of our forum's moderation team.

As a reminder, moderators on our forum are not paid staff. They get absolutely nothing for the time, blood, sweat, tears, and effort they put in here other than the satisfaction of contributing to what we feel is the best place to talk about this stupid cartoon on the Internet. We can't even begin to express our gratitude for what our existing moderators have done for the community, and what the collective whole of them will continue to do. We know you'll show them the same respect and gratitude.

TheDevilsCorpse
Joined our forum community in 2010. Incredible dedication to research, sourcing, and documentation. Quite frankly, the best source when it comes to anything related to Dragon Ball Online and all of its off-shoots (including things in and with Xenoverse and Heroes). Nothing but polite and a model citizen.

Ajay
Joined our forum community in 2013. Interest in and knowledge of the production and behind-the-scenes process with this and other properties well beyond some of us that actually run the site. We've seen his love of this franchise grow exponentially in these few short years, and his dedication to Kanzenshuu should be pretty obvious!

EmmaWinters
Joined our forum community in 2014. Also one of the head administrators of the /r/dbz sub-Reddit, which (if I can speak somewhat candidly for a second here) is seriously the only other community I've ever gotten even remotely involved with to a serious degree. Her knowledge of our website is delightfully-frightening, and like the above two dudes, her dedication to history and facts is unparalleled.

And that's that - carry on!

(wooooooooo staff vacation, we OUT!)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Welcoming Three New Moderators

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:26 am

Oh damn, I was gonna make a thread if the moderation team was gonna grow anytime soon. Great choices EX.
(For awhile I actual thought TheDevilsCorpse was a mod :oops: )
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:40 am

I actually wished for this to happen after seeing how forum got less friendly lately and the moderation team aren't doing enough work. And every time a new big info will be announced, (Particularly for Super) certain threads will be on fire and i know the mods can't keep up with that, especially if they're busy. So more clean-up crews is definitely needed. Good choices, though i wish DarkPrince410 became a mod too, he had done such great work in the In-Universe sub-section.

Anyways. Congratulations to the three of you. :thumbup:
Last edited by Khin on Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:49 am, edited 4 times in total.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:43 am

Congrats to all you guys! I think you'll be great moderators or will you be better don't tell anyone I said that! :D :clap:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:45 am

I like this. We need more man-power to clean stuff up.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:46 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Huh. We haven't done this in a long time...!

(wooooooooo staff vacation, we OUT!)
So when's the hazing start? Do they know all the rituals and have they sworn all their oaths to secrecy and whatnot?

Congrats all!
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:57 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:So when's the hazing start? Do they know all the rituals and have they sworn all their oaths to secrecy and whatnot?
I was forced to watch DBZ Movie 1 over a hundred times just to prove I was even worthy of consideration. Three Hail Appules later and I was given this position. It was a tough ride.

Thanks for the welcome!
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:59 pm

Congrats! Well-deserved for all three of them. Their work on this site is invaluable, and I know they'll continue to work their magic as moderators.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:00 pm

Congratulations everyone! Happy to see the team grow.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:31 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:(For awhile I actual thought TheDevilsCorpse was a mod)
When I first started lurking here, I assumed the same. I even suggested him myself!
JulieYBM wrote:I like this. We need more man-power to clean stuff up.
Be sure to report things! That'll make it a lot easier for us to get started. (Especially me.)
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:34 pm

EmmaWinters wrote:Be sure to report things! That'll make it a lot easier for us to get started. (Especially me.)
What if you guys ever go crazy? Can we report you? Of course I totally trust you all, but there's always that tiny chance. :lol:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:54 pm

Congratulations for these guys, we know they are going to do a great job!!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:08 pm

Smart decision and good choices! I am sure you never predicted Dragon Ball would have such a searing comeback :P

Avok
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avok » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:15 pm

EmmaWinters is a girl?!
Color me surprised. I always thought she was a guy, even with that username lol

Congratulations to you all.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:22 pm

Avok wrote:EmmaWinters is a girl?!
Color me surprised. I always thought she was a guy, even with that username lol

Congratulations to you all.
I spoke to her for a year before finally realising she was a girl. Don't worry, you're not alone.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:25 pm

I just noticed, you all have green names, and a "moderator" tag instead of "Clean-up Crew." Is there a difference between the two?
Last edited by Kamiccolo9 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:26 pm

That green text for the mods caught me off guard. So I guess the clean up crew user title is gone ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:39 pm

Yes, all of the moderators are now green to help them stand out a bit more. We've also scrapped the "Clean-up Crew" in favor of a more direct title, just to make things a little more obvious right off the bat. We probably should have done this a long time ago...

To be honest (a little behind-the-scenes stuff coming at ya!), all of the moderator permissions and settings were left as-is when we ported the forum over, and let me tell you, it's an utter mess. I honestly never looked at them very close when I took over, because if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? Well I've spent some time today redoing them all, for the most part, hence these changes. Also, everyone working on the Wiki will soon become orange, so just a heads up on that. 8)

Anyway, carry on. Now back to my vacation (working on the site)!
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:47 pm

And I, for one, welcome our new moderator overlords. :P

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:01 pm

Welcome to the Baby-Sitters Club, you guys. Here are your standard-issue badges and cattle prods.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!