Your First Post

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Your First Post

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

What was your very first post on Kanzenshuu, or for many, Daizenshuu EX? Just copy the post here into a quote, and in the case of quotes in that post, be sure to remove the names of users who were quoted. This is mine:

Topic: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread
It would be pretty weird to have Demigra as a playable character but he doesn't play a villain role in the story mode. Still, it would be cool to have Demigra legitimately as a playable character.
Parallel Quests, anyone? It'd be awesome to have PQs based on the first game, if not part of the main story; or is that "Outcomes You Wished Were Different" thing the new Parallel Quest system? Anyway, he could still make an appearance in PQs or even alterings of the main story from Xenoverse 1.
(Much less contributive than I try to be now... :D)
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: Your First Post

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:20 pm

I think I deleted my first post not long after I made it. It was about translating grammar or something like that.
Retired.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:00 pm

In so far as I can tell, it looks like it was excitement over Arale coming to Budokai Tenkaichi 3, as well as disappointment that Kid Kuririn wasn't also making the cut. To this day, I'm still excited whenever Arale makes the cut into one of these games, and disappointed when they cover DB material and still don't toss in Kid Kuririn.

...This post was back in 2007 no less, from the looks of it not too long after I'd graduated high school. Jeebus I'm getting old.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:14 pm

viewtopic.php?p=1067032#p1067032

Apparently, I was discussing the Champa's Tournament arc. Back then, we knew nothing of Monaka or whether the tournament would be interrupted or not. Interesting.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:17 pm

Nejishiki wrote:viewtopic.php?p=1067032#p1067032

Apparently, I was discussing the Champa's Tournament arc. Back then, we knew nothing of Monaka or whether the tournament would be interrupted or not. Interesting.
Back when so many thought either Vados or Hit were going to be the next antagonist. It was absolutely infuriating when I'd take a wait-and-see approach, but would be hounded by everyone shouting their predictions as if it was fact.
Retired.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:20 pm

What a grim topic I chose to make my first post in:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1090
Chuquita wrote:I'd love to see another Neko Majin Z oneshot :D Or have the few chapters he did draw, animated.

As for another series being made if Toriyama suddenly died...it all depends on what the series would be about. The two most basic things it would have to include for me to watch would be Vegeta in his dbz form (no mustache/bad haircut) and an adult Goku.
This actually worked out because Toriyama lived and both of my requested "basic things" happened via Super.

I used to type a little wordier than I do now (that post would be shorter if I wrote it today), but it's still recognizable as my writing.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:03 pm

Could have been worse, I suppose.
Younger Bardock wrote:One thing I can't stop thinking about is how the scouters used by Furiza and his men work. I want to think that the scouter uses a crystal to detect the changes in one's bioelectonic field which is influenced by the individual's strength. I can't imagine how somthing like this can work even in the fantasy world of Dragonball. Is there anyone who can give me a straight answer to my question? I guess maybe there are some things that we will never have a canon answer to. Just mere speculation to explain it.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:29 pm

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=31555&p=983817#p983817
Solid topic, but you can tell that it's a noob writing it.
(Lol at two deleted accounts posting in that)
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:35 pm

Oh, I remember this one. I touched on Gohan being stronger than Goku in the Buu Arc, mentioned Pure Buu, and on Gohan's lack of his "ultimate" form in GT.

Looking back, I guess it's a miracle that the thread didn't explode.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:First Post! Hey everyone, I don't know if this has been discussed before, but is it possible that Gohan lost the ability to access his full power after he died? I feel that this could explain why he became a Super Saiyan in GT, and could also explain why Goku and Vegeta didn't consider transporting him to fight Kid Buu. What do you guys think?
Oh how naive I was.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:01 am

Oh boy, let's see what I was up to back then...it was in this topic where VegettoEX asked about suggestions for the rumor guide, in which dub mistakes quickly became a part of the discussion:
2004 sailorspazz wrote:Dont' forget "Mr. Hotpants!" Geez, Funimation really fucked with the dialogue on that episode, didn't they?

I know of many, many "rumors" that could be added to the dub mistakes section, but it's hard to remember them all ^_^;; I can think of another instance of Funimation getting stuff wrong in flashbacks to Dragonball. There was one episode in the Cell saga where Roshi was explaining the history of the Tenkaichi Budoukai to Marron. Three errors in that little spiel were that five years passed between each tournament (should be three), that the 22nd ended in a draw between Gokuu and Tenshinhan (Gokuu landed first, so Tenshinhan won) and that Gokuu and Chichi were married before the 23rd (it happened afterwards, after a mostly boring series of filler episodes). The first error wasn't actually Funimation's fault, since, for some reason, it says five years in the Japanese version, too (doesn't Toei have any fact checkers for their filler episodes? Hey, maybe you should have a "filler episode errors" section ^_^). Don't know if any of this is relevant enough to use, I was just trying to act like I was being on topic ^_^;;
Honestly, I haven't changed that much, other than not overusing "^_^" faces as much as I used to...now I just abuse the smilies we have lurking on the side over there :D

Of course, there was a previous version of the forum in 2002 or 2003...no clue what my first post was there!
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:50 am

Topic: Filler! Oh your god, no!
Posted on Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:37 am
Kendamu wrote:I like the driving episode the best.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:50 am

Topic: Movie Box Details up at Jumpland (2005-11-03)
Does it cost anything to preorder?
It's crazy to think that the average user in that discussion (excluding VegettoEX and SaiyaJedi) hasn't had any presence here in five years. Uhg... So many familiar "faces" have gone... At least Kenisu is still around. He's the only one to have still been around this past year. Solely of the people from that discussion, I mean.

By the way, I wanna say I posted on here much earlier than that... I remember now that my current account is actually my second. I just suddenly could no longer log-in one day, so I made a new one...surprisingly with the same username as before.
sailorspazz wrote:Of course, there was a previous version of the forum in 2002 or 2003...no clue what my first post was there!
Oh, wait! Is THAT why?? Geez... Well, at least I know I'm not just going senile in thinking my account disappeared. Haha. So I think I had made my first post in 2003. I'd've been 14. Wow. I got old. :O
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:33 am

Topic: Re-animated scenes you actually liked? (May 29th, 2013)
Ajay wrote:My main issue with the reanimated parts were that there was no line thickness difference. In all of the original hand drawn cels, you can see how the thickness varies along the lines. Most of the time this is deliberate as it adds depth - you can see Toriyama make huge use of this in Dragon Ball (less so in Z). However, in the reanimated scenes, they're all single thickness strokes and as a result, it just looks like lazily drawn over footage. It makes me wonder who exactly was in charge of these scenes? As someone with some background in this field of work, I know for a fact that pressure sensitivity is easily done digitally so I'm curious as to whether this was done to save time on animation or whether it was just amateurs working on the redos.

Despite that though, I think the main reason it sticks out so much is that the animation sits above the natural layer of grain that the show has. I do wonder how well it would have meshed if they'd added a digital layer over the top. I'm sure the design decision was to not do this simply to preserve image quality but I'm curious regardless.
Surprisingly not as awful as I expected. I have memories of my earliest posts being horrendously uninformed and awful. Turns out only my first few were, then apparently I must have binged the website's content because everything after that is seemingly okay. Well, sort of. I was still a condescending, argumentative asshole for a long time (and still am, at times). I guess one thing hasn't changed: I'm still farting on about production nonsense years later. Yey~

It's funny, I've only been here for a few years, but it feels like so much longer. I've seen so many phases of the forum and faces come and go in that time. I remember Battle of Gods' release being pretty friendly, with only a few bad apples popping up around the time the dub released. Resurrection 'F' was probably the worst I have ever seen the forum. It was unbearably awful, and even the staff knew it. I distinctly remember tweets and posts along the lines of, "What do we even do here?!" Thankfully that subsided after a while, thanks to users either getting bored or moderation coming down hard.

I think the release of Super, especially during its worst moments early on, did reignite the aforementioned flames of rage for a while, but as we hit Universe 6 and especially this Future Trunks arc, I really think things are the most pleasant they've ever been throughout the years I've been here. It's so nice just to see people enjoying Dragon Ball together. Heck, even the debates with those that don't are reasonably diplomatic.

It's really nice. And as a new moderator, thank you for allowing me to do barely any work!

If three years feels like eternity to me, I can only imagine how many ups and downs those that have been around for a decade have seen.

I know that wasn't strictly on topic, but looking at old posts got me thinking about the forum on a larger scale.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:11 am

Topic: Rank the DBZ Movie villans from favourite to least favourite

My post : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28826&p=849894#p849894
Neo-Makaioshin wrote: #1 favourite movie villan goes to Beerus, singlehandle the rest of the movie villans (in terms of design and character). Freeza looks like an interesting option for the #1 but we will have to wait until the movie comes out. Both of them are on my top favourite DB antagonists with only a very little gap between each other (right now Beerus is #1).
#2 Janemba, kind of a guilty pleasure, it is like Majin Boo for me.
#3 Hildergand, cause you don´t see too many kaijus in DragonBall.

#4-14 doesn´t matter
#15-17 All Broly´s incarnations
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:26 pm

Topic: Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread (Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:11 pm)
Lord Beerus wrote:Don't know if this is new has been posted already but Xenoverse is gonna have preliminary stages in their version of the Budokai Tenkaichi

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/11/dra ... ain-event/

And hooray! It's my first post for what I hope will be many! :)
And it has been many posts every since. :P And of course, my very first post contained a spelling error. At least I'm consistent. :lol:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:58 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:And of course, my very first post contained a spelling error.
I can't find it; where is it?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:15 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:And of course, my very first post contained a spelling error.
I can't find it; where is it?
I meant to say: Don't know if this is new or has been posted already...etc"

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:15 pm

Topic: Just how far did Freeza's empire reach?
Zephyr wrote:Hold on - were Frieza and his father ruling over the same empire, or was Frieza's simply a division of his dad's?
A reasonable question, I guess. Sans the dub spelling, of course. :P

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:00 pm

Topic/original post link: Who else's favorite arc is the Buu arc?
Cipher wrote:It's not my favorite part of the series (early Namek is), but it's up there. It's silly, but it's exactly where the story needed to go at that point for a number of reasons. Not to mention it's just damn entertaining.

On the surface, it's some pretty epic stuff. Goku and company have come so far that they're being recruited to fight a demon designed to kill the highest pantheon of gods. It's not a threat to the world, or even the galaxy, but to all of existence, and they're the ones to call on. Pretty cool.

But beyond that, the tone is just perfect. Someone else alread pointed it out, but the Cell arc, Terminator pastiche aside, takes itself way too seriously for its own good. The Buu arc is an excellent response to that. Everything in it is self parody, from Super Saiyan 3, to fusion, to Saiyaman, to Old Kaioshin, to the greatest threat in all existence being ... Buu. The early villains are hilariously non-threatening to the heroes, and it's refreshing to see something like that, just like the "Son Goku and Friends Return" special. It's all great. The Buu arc doesn't take itself seriously and neither should the readers/viewers.

Finally, it's unique in ways that the series never is before or afterward. Every single pre-Buu arc is, to an extent, formulaic. The villain trashes a few of the stronger characters, and we know we have to wait for the result of someone's training, or a new transformation, etc. The buildup is obvious, as is who will save the day.

The Buu arc completely turns that around. The new transformation doesn't stop Buu. Okay, well this fusion thing is really being built up; it must save the day. What, Gotenks failed? Okay, well Gohan's really rocking that Z Sword; surely that comes into play. It breaks? Well, there's no way they're going to build up Gohan's power-up without having him save the day. He bought it too? Okay, now Goku and Vegeta are fusing. This has to be it. Not even that did it?

And so after every single, heavily-built up dues-ex-machina has failed, we arrive at the final battle with Goku, Vegeta and Mr. Satan. Two characters who haven't improved since failing to defeat Buu at the beginning of the arc, and one ostensively useless one. We're at the conclusion with no new power ups, no results of training, no transformations, just two characters who have already tried and failed. That has to be the biggest "Oh shit" moment since Freeza showed up on a hill after Porunga died. The only comparable moment in the entire metaseries is Goku and Vegeta in the final battle against Ii Shen-long, but that doesn't have the build-up to make it work like it does here.

So, yeah. The Buu arc is a lot of fun. That, and the anime version has some of the best looking fights in the entire series.

Also, first post.
Jesus Christ. I'm an asshole.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:44 pm

It's just couple of matches for the Versus Thread. That's usually what I post before.

Topic: The All-Purpose “Versus” Thread
SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:1: Super Vegetto vs. SSJ4 Goku(GT)
2: Vegeta(Saiyan Saga) vs. Kewi
3: Nail,Vegeta(vs.Recoome),Gohan(vs.Recoome),Kuririn(vs.Recoome) vs. Guldo and Recoome
4: SSJ Gohan(Pre Z-Sword) vs. SSJ Gohan(FNF)
5: Kaioshin vs. Paikuhan(Otherworld Tournament)
6: Beerus and Golden Freeza vs. SSGSS Vegeta and SSGSS Goku
7: Android 16 vs. Imperfect Cell
8: Base Goku(FNF) and Base Vegeta(FNF) vs. SSG Goku(BOG)
9: Majin Vegeta,SSJ2 Goku,SSJ2 Gohan,Dabura,Kaioshin,Piccolo,Kuririn,Trunks and Goten vs. Bobbidi and Fat Buu(Pre Split)
10:Enraged SSJ2 Vegeta(Permanent) vs. SSJ3 Vegetto
The lack of spacing never fails to make me cringe. I also usually uses dub and fan names before, but apparently many things has changed since then. :)