Banned Members without reason

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bagginses
Banned

Banned Members without reason

Post by Bagginses » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:42 am

So, reading recent and sometimes very old threads, you see that the rank ''banned'' is below someone's username. I don't know about you, but I always want to find out what that member did to earn him/herself a ban. But sometimes there is really nothing wrong with the member's last post(s). So why were they banned? Did they break the rules in private message (perhaps insulted an administrator) or something? Why were they banned at all?

I am just really curious. Did anyone else ever had the same thought? :lol:

TheMikado
I Live Here

Re: Banned Members without reason

Post by TheMikado » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:09 am

This is actually one of the best moderated sites I've even been on. The mods are involved and allow discussion and differences of opinion within reason. There are a few others that I post on that I won't even make a single post due to the hive mind mentality. Further most everyone who has PMed me has been incredibly respectful and reasonable even when we disagree. I honestly love this forum and the mods here. There's even people on here that I see from those other forums I mentioned and you can see some of that hive mind irrational mentality but far muted due to the over all culture. The "circle jerk" mentality isn't encouraged and allows for different view points which I see some struggle with when coming from other forums. I think the best part is you don't feel like you need to be a long time member of some exclusive club to post a new thread or ask a question and the posts happen so naturally you tend to loss count.

Anyway I said all that to say this. The moderators here are incredibly reasonable compared to the vast majority of forums out there. If someone got banned, it was for good reason and likely for multiple infractions with warnings.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:48 pm

Past threads over this subject matter are met with dismissal. Usually, the staff will make it known that it's of no concern to anyone else and to carry on with normal forum activity, so I doubt any clarification will present itself now. As said, it likely happened for a good reason.

I am curious about a particular member going from "Temporarily Banned" to "Banned" overnight, but it's not of significant importance.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:57 pm

Just as Nejishiki said, this topic will most likely be locked soon. Before it is, though, I'd like to add to TheMikado's comment by saying that the moderation is great, albeit sometimes it can come off as harsh toned (whether those in charge are mentally smiling or not I don't know). So yes, there's always a reason why members are banned, but it's best to not worry about why and instead do what you can to make sure you keep the community great.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

SpiritBombTriumphant
Banned

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:43 pm

Getting banned is a case of making Vegeto mad. He gives us strikes, which I earned by comments concerning homosexuality back in that thread, then making insults that grossed Vegeto out concerning Shunsuke Kikuchi. Next strike will get me banned because the guy disagrees with me. =/

He banned me for 9 months or so from the Kikuchi comment, and I think my thing still says "Temporarily Banned." But I'm not.

EDIT: It does. But my ban was lifted two months ago.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:00 pm

SpiritBombTriumphant wrote:Getting banned is a case of making Vegeto mad. He gives us strikes, which I earned by comments concerning homosexuality back in that thread, then making insults that grossed Vegeto out concerning Shunsuke Kikuchi. Next strike will get me banned because the guy disagrees with me. =/

He banned me for 9 months or so from the Kikuchi comment, and I think my thing still says "Temporarily Banned." But I'm not.

EDIT: It does. But my ban was lifted two months ago.
You do understand certain comments pertaining to sensitive topics like that will get you permanently banned immediately in other forums? I think it's a testament to the moderation that you are able to still participate in the community and seem to understand your comments may have been inappropriate. I admit I've been rebuked before but in after reviewing them, they often times could have been worded in ways more conducive to polite discussion about and I appreciate that.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:05 pm

I am not the only administrator or moderator.

It is 100% inaccurate that anyone has ever received a strike, nevermind a ban, on the basis of opinionated Dragon Ball disagreement alone.

This is not an appropriate conversation for many of the reasons already stated above.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::