Do you ever go back to your old posts and just wince ?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Do you ever go back to your old posts and just wince ?

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:46 am

(I'm not using "cringe")
Cause I know I do. The highlights.
soppa saia people wrote:I read in captain falcons voice (please somebody get that joke).
soppa saia people wrote:I think MistareFusion said it best, where it's a good fakeout for those who haven't the read. manga.
(That's the edited version to)
soppa saia people wrote:Also don't have drops tie to RNG make it something like "Beat Vegtea with a Spirt bomb and you will get the Garlic gun"
soppa saia people wrote:Cell is totally a Libra cause you know he's ............... Perfect.
soppa saia people wrote:
coola wrote:I'm weird one, i actually don't like DBZ Movie 3, 9, 10 and 13, these movies are on my bottom list :) I expect Dead Zone, World Strongest, Trunks and Bardock Special to be very high on TFS list
You're alone. Lot's of people hate that one.
I had no idea I had such a problem with three letter words.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Scarz
I Live Here

Re: Do you ever go back to your old posts and just wince ?

Post by Scarz » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:48 pm

I never look back. Not even at my most recent posts (unless it was replied to). I can only imagine how stupid, unfunny, or snarky they were.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:11 pm

I dont, but everytime I do I cringe. I hate my past self sometimes.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:32 pm

I have a general loose rule of "don't look back at anything older than three years" that I apply to my artwork as well as my posts. Like, I'll look if I have to for a reason, but I don't seek it out.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:07 pm

Recently did a few days ago. 2014 me called Nozawa irritating and said I won't ever watch DB in Japanese. Here I am watched practically all of Super not only in Japanese but raw too! Then on top of that have started watching DB in the original.

Kanzenshuu definitely changed me for the better. Used to be a hard core dubbie. In 6 months I made a post about how I was wrong about the Kai dub. Now I am the rare case who enjoys the old Z dub. Kai dub. And original Japanese!

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:37 pm

OH BOY DO I
I really believe I've improved. I mean, just look at this as an immediate example.
Re: SSGSS3/SSB 3 is it possible?

I hope not. Putting aside that logic stuff, I think it'd be an excuse to use Super Saiyan 3 again in their new favorite form.
Seriously, guys, please don't look at my old posts unless you don't mind average-level wording and post content. :D
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:43 pm

I haven't looked back and I probably will never. :thumbup:

Bagginses
Banned

Post by Bagginses » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:47 pm

I am reading this from a cellphone and also English is not my first language, but I just didn't understand this sentence?????????? What three letter word you don't get? :lol:

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:58 pm

Bagginses wrote:
I am reading this from a cellphone and also English is not my first language, but I just didn't understand this sentence?????????? What three letter word you don't get? :lol:
A lot of my old posts (and couple now) are often missing three letter words like "the", "now", "how","why","not" and "and". That last post should say "You're not alone".
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Bagginses
Banned

Post by Bagginses » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:14 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:
Bagginses wrote:
A lot of my old posts (and couple now) are often missing three letter words like "the", "now", "how","why","not" and "and". That last post should say "You're not alone".
Oh, ok. That clears it up. It was very confusing for me who was saying what in those double-triple-quotes (if that makes sense). :lol:

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:24 am

I don't take my past behavior into consideration at all for two reasons:
-I can't remember my state of mind or the context behind what I've said at the time, even if it's recent.
-I'll often coast conversations riding entirely on passive sarcasm or contrarianism. Paired with a bad memory, it makes my old posts almost entirely undecipherable.
Retired.

Bagginses
Banned

Post by Bagginses » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:41 am

By the way, to actually answer the topic this time, the short answer is yes. I sometimes regret what I have posted. Maybe that's a sign of maturity, I don't know, but I would rather never have wrote the darn thing in the first place. When I used to post here with my old account (no longer in use nowadays), it's a different beast altogether... I think I wince (or cringe, what have you) at all 53 posts I made with it. :oops:

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:35 pm

Nah, I'm the shit and always have been.
Although I'll probably see this in a few years and wince :D
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:48 am

Not on this forum since I've only been here since 2015, but I have posts on other forums literally dating back to the year 2000.

I mean, goddamn, I can read posts from back when I was only 14-15 years old. (I'm 30 now)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:25 pm

Oh, yeah. But that's mainly due to awful spelling and grammar errors I've made in several hundreds of posts in the past. Even after proofreading my posts, I still miss out on errors I made, and now with the new system, I can't change them.

It's kind of embarrassing. :oops:

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:28 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Oh, yeah. But that's mainly due to awful spelling and grammar errors I've made in several hundreds of posts in the past. Even after proofreading my posts, I still miss out on errors I made, and now with the new system, I can't change them.

It's kind of embarrassing. :oops:
Same. Even though I proofread papers as a hobby, I'm the worst about posting something unchecked, then going back to revise 2 or 3 times before it comes out right. This goes especially for my old posts.
Retired.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:32 pm

One that stands out is a post I made that pretty much got "we can't edit this without pretty much rewriting the entire post" as a response. Even back then I couldn't believe I had written such a poorly constructed post.

From what I've seen they don't seem too bad. Back then I tried to be as mature as I could. If anything my posting has gotten worse, I really should step up my game.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:14 am

I joined the forums at 16 and am nearly 27. What do you think? :P The further in time I get away from the cringey posts the funnier they are, but there are some real beauties, believe me. Some I'm sure weren't far from getting me banned.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:49 pm

Lol, i still remember when i went too far with a joke about a great villain's name :lol:
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:19 am

dbs fanboy wrote:Lol, i still remember when i went too far with a joke about a great villain's name :lol:
That was amazing. It was dumb, and inappropriate, but the first time I saw it, I thought, "That's fucked up, but funny".
The post in question viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34371&p=1105931#p1105922
And here's me getting temp banned viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34079&p=1093560#p1093560
My dumb ass self wrote:(I know I will most likely get in trouble but it's my first offense, so I'm good.)
My dumb ass self wrote:I've ever seem
Nice job there.
I think I called him a "prick" and a "cunt" in the original post, and I edited it a minute before I got that PM from Mike.
Here's me trying to get banned because I was so fed up with life at that time in my life.
My depressed self wrote:It's post like these that make me glad you're on my for list.
I couldn't even spell "foe" right.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸