Your Dragon Ball-related New Year's resolutions

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Your Dragon Ball-related New Year's resolutions

Post by Doctor. » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:49 am

Is there any Dragon Ball-related stuff you hope to have changed by the time 2017 finishes?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: Your Dragon Ball-related New Year's resolutions

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:03 am

I will invest all my time and money into developing methods of psychic control, insuring that the rest of the Full Color Manga will be released by the end of 2017.

These aren't really resolutions, but I plan on buying the DBS manga in May. I'll probably buy FMA as well.

As for my non-entertainment resolution, I'd like to get a job that I enjoy this year. That's about it.
Retired.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:27 am

Attempting to quit Dragonball by end of 2017, it has come to a point where I can't go a day without thinking anything Dragonball related and that's bad, really bad..
Or just get Dragonball exposure under control, that works too
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:38 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Attempting to quit Dragonball by end of 2017, it has come to a point where I can't go a day without thinking anything Dragonball related and that's bad, really bad..
I go through obsessive phases like that all the time, have for all my life. Just ride it out, you'll get sick of it eventually. Or you could try replacing it with something else.
Retired.

liquidsolidus9000

Post by liquidsolidus9000 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:03 am

1. Read through the manga (Have been reading it in Japanese)
2. Watch the anime in Japanese (Have only seen the dub)
3. Watch Super

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:34 am

To actually start churning out GT Revised chapters on some sort of regular basis again, for crying out loud. Also to do more fanart.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:50 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Attempting to quit Dragonball by end of 2017, it has come to a point where I can't go a day without thinking anything Dragonball related and that's bad, really bad..
This has been me ever since dragonball super started :lol: I think we both need to decrease our time spent on dragonball but I don't think it's smart to quit it. Obviously it's something we enjoy if we can't stop thinking of it. Personally, I need to stop going on Kanzenshuu or at least limit it severely. I spend at least 3 hours a day on here. It's horrible. I've always been obsessed with reading other people's comments on things and mixing that with my favorite show of all time was the worst thing that ever happened to me. I blame episode 5 of super. I don't think I'd ever have bothered to see other people's opinions on Super if it weren't for that episode.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:13 pm

To hunt down the last two Dragon Boxes missing from my collection, and draw more fan-art.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:38 pm

Same thing here, i usually have to log out from any account i have to not receive any notifications in youtube and to not find any dragon ball related video that might catch my attention while studying.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:40 pm

kinisking wrote: I don't think I'd ever have bothered to see other people's opinions on Super if it weren't for that episode.
I've been in this road since BoG, apparently a lot of people hated it and i really wanted to knew why.

dbgtFO wrote:

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:24 pm

dbs fanboy wrote:
kinisking wrote: I don't think I'd ever have bothered to see other people's opinions on Super if it weren't for that episode.
I've been in this road since BoG, apparently a lot of people hated it and i really wanted to knew why.
Really? I've seen nothing but praise for it haha. ROF and super are the ones I've seen hated. Heck, I personally hate ROF.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:38 pm

To go to Japan and buy a Beerus figure.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:19 pm

I will finish the RoF remake sequel by the end of this year!
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:10 pm

To watch and own all of DBZ Kai dubbed from start to finish

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:01 pm

This isn't a real resolution, but I'd like to eventually own all the manga volumes, DVD's, and a collectible of each major character. Due to certain circumstances, I won't realistically be able to own all of this by the end of 2017, but in a number of years I'll do my best to collect all this.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:51 am

Doctor. wrote:Is there any Dragon Ball-related stuff you hope to have changed by the time 2017 finishes?
Mine is to watch all of Dragon ball again and make my own arc reviews and to continue watching super and I want Goku to be stronger than U7 god of destruction.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:24 am

To watch more of the series in order, as opposed to just bouncing around because I already know what happens.

Real life shit: job, getting in shape etc.lol

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:38 pm

New year's resolutions, i want to learn to play dbgt's intro and super's intro on piano, but i want to play them in the most beautiful way possible, i already know/can how to do it but only in the most basic way and it doesn't sound as cool as i want it to sound. I also want to write some fanfic once i have time, maybe one about Hit or Black idk.

dbgtFO wrote:

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:56 pm

DanielSSJ wrote:To hunt down the last two Dragon Boxes missing from my collection, and draw more fan-art.
Well, looks like I accomplished that much quicker than I thought I would.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)