Reasons for thread locks

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Reasons for thread locks

Post by Noah » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:34 pm

I know this community like many forums despise necro posting, even though many are could be interpreted as trolling, I have no problem if it is a subject that could still lead to discussions, no mater how old it was. Also that could even avoid making multiple threads about the same subject, anyway...

I made a thread 3 months ago asking if people would like to see Broly or Bardock again in Dragon Ball Super and was locked just because people were discussing the new revealed character that highly resembles Broly, but not quite Broly? IHMO I don't think this was a valid decision.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Reasons for thread locks

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:57 pm

You've basically answered the question yourself. Kanzenshuu would rather have new threads made to discuss new information or opinions rather than revive inactive ones. Especially for older topics, as opinions can change and members that were partaking in the conversations may no longer be around.

True, this particular thread wasn't that old, but it was dead. And the bulk of the posts in the pages since it was revived were about the new character, which are far more appropriate for the thread created for her the same day. Had there been less posts, they would have just been moved. But leaving it open as it was just creates clutter with the same conversations going on in multiple places.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:15 am

I always shake my head in disbelief, when I see people necroposting, especially when the threads are ancient like 5+ years ago. I'm like "did you really just browse that far back just to see, if there was a relevant thread??!"
I hope they are using the search option at least, because the alternative is ridiculous.

Also we are all fans of a franchise, where the author himself generally works under the philosophy of not looking back and instead just keep looking forward. People should take a page out of that book, most of the time anyways.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:00 am

From what I've seen, it appears that the Kanzenshuu mindset is looking ahead, and traveling into the future. Also your thread was completely derailed in its entirety by Female Broly. Who isn't actuall Broly, by the way