Why do moderators feel they can change titles of topics?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulianStyles
Banned

Why do moderators feel they can change titles of topics?

Post by JulianStyles » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:43 am

If a title is not offensive. Why would you meddle and change wording? Because it's a subject you don't agree on? Also I've had a topic simply talking about calculations of power scaling for a few characters. And that was deleted before it was started. It's a discussion board. Let people discuss, and stop taking your power on a cartoon message board website go to your head.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Why do moderators feel they can change titles of topics?

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:53 am

I have no idea what post you're referring to, but I think Mike and Co. just change the titles of post that are, spoilers, fake, or clickbait.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:58 am

Forum Rules wrote:Rule #7: These Are The Rules
While a helpful and friendly reminder to some of our new members about certain posting habits is appreciated and welcomed, please do not enforce the rules on your own. Leave the moderation to the moderators, be respectful of the them and their work; they are here to have fun just as much as you are, and any advice they give you is for the better of everyone’s enjoyment. These rules can be changed, added to, deleted, etc. at any time. The rules are not necessarily to be taken literally each and every step of the way, and are always up to interpretation by the administrators and moderators, only. Decisions by the moderation and administration team, while not taken lightly, are final, and are not open to debate, appeal, or require any further conversation. A ban is server-wide, meaning all access to the entirety of the Kanzenshuu website is revoked in full.
You agreed to Kanzenshuu's terms twice before registering your account. With past incidents in mind, the staff usually doesn't feel obligated to answer these concerns.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:29 am

That being said, I'm happy to answer this question, because I don't like the idea of someone coming in here blindly, reading the topic creator's "points", and getting the wrong idea.

What you're referring to is our SEO service! The moderators provide this free of charge to all members. When thread titles have misspellings, incomplete phrases, misleading statements, or arbitrary punctuation/capitalization, the moderators correct this. The benefit is that your content receives higher visibility and rankings! We're pleased to provide this service on an on-going basis for all active members.

In all seriousness, it's obvious what you're complaining about. Your thread title — essentially the only place you've posted in this community — was "The new Arc will settle an age old debate. Tien vs Krilin". The word "Arc" is randomly capitalized compared to the rest of the words, the period should be a colon to separate the independent clauses, and the dub spelling of one character's name is incorrect even for that version of the show. Furthermore, because the new arc hasn't aired yet, the thread's title's entire premise is misleading at best and incorrect at worst. This was changed to "The new arc will (may?) settle an old debate: Tenshinhan vs. Kuririn" to be as transparent and honest as possible, while simultaneously correcting all of the errors and yet still keeping your original intent and agenda in place.

This is a non-issue and you're grasping at straws here. If you don't like the community, you don't have to be here. We welcome everyone with open arms and do everything in our power to foster a great time for everyone, but if you personally don't like what you see, we understand and wish you all the success elsewhere.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::