Xenoverse being ghettoised in the forums?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Xenoverse being ghettoised in the forums?

Post by TobyS » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:44 am

Hi there, not sure where to ask this but I had a question about stickies and sub-forums.

I was thinking about how for example you have a separate in-universe and super sub forum, and you have a video game sub forum where all the games are lumped in together. I get that super is new and ongoing, and historically video games are usually bad/spinoffs/have no og storyline.

In the super sub forum, there is a thread for each episode but a separate thread for like animation specifically, the latest episode is stickied until a new one comes out.

This is great because anyone who wants to talk about animation or whatever specific stuff can do it somewhere but the main thread can be about the storyline mostly.

The manga also has a thread of its own which is better, but not one for each chapter which is actually appropriate given its relative popularity and gap between chapters.

I think Xenoverse (I'd include heroes/DBO but no western release?) Kind of deserves if not it's own sub forum, at least it's own sticky possibly outside the video games forum.

It's an ongoing recent popular original storyline'd DB production. I'd have sympathy for the “canon” argument but ironically it seems most of the staff are of the more grown up “there is no official canon” mindset. There's going to be DLC and the franchise will probably run at least a couple more installments with each getting seperate threads like xv1+2 got.

The XV2 thread tends to get swamped with simply game mechanics questions and the plot doesn't get much opportunity to get discussed.

Basically I'm asking can we get a “XV/Hero's/DBO ongoing story line” thread either in the super or in universe sub?

I just played the Champa DLC and wanted to discuss the plot aspects but kind of didn't know where to do it...
Either way out of curiosity, how do you mods decide what deserves a sub forum or a sticky and what doesn't, is it case by case or is there a policy?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Xenoverse being ghettoised in the forums?

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:14 pm

I honestly don't think there's enough interest in the Xenoverse series narrative to even consider this. Most of the fans on this forum seem to have lost interest in discussing the plot elements of XV2 since the majority of "original" content is recycled from the first game, and what little bit isn't is either lacking in substance or straightforward enough that there isn't much to say on the matter.

So just post in the Xenoverse 2 thread. If people want to join in on that conversation, they will.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)