What happened to the Edit button?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tectorman
Regular

What happened to the Edit button?

Post by Tectorman » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:14 pm

In another thread, I accidentally forgot to put a link to an image in the spoiler tags, as is the courtesy (the original poster of said image doesn't need to, but if you're quoting them, I think you're supposed to hide it so as to not clutter the page). I was going to edit the post, but I haven't been able to get what I believe to be the Edit button to work. It is the button at the top right of your post, yes? The same place as where other people's posts have the Quote button?

(And this was immediately after, not hours later, so I wouldn't think it due to having passed some time limit.)
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What happened to the Edit button?

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:13 am

It's the pencil image button on the top right corner of your post, the button itself is the leftmost button among the one's present there..

It's still in place for me as of this post, the only thing I can think of is time passed out, I never encountered any other reason than that..

If it's really important to edit something and there is no option, try reporting the post and mentioning it, maybe the mods can help you
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:36 pm

A while back, they added a time limit on editing posts. You probably exceeded that.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:39 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:A while back, they added a time limit on editing posts. You probably exceeded that.
This was immediately after I'd posted it, though. Seconds, not even one minute. Surely the time limit isn't that short.

Never saw any pencil-looking button, either.
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:40 pm

Nor do I see one on the above post. The time stamps of these two posts should demonstrate how little time I'm talking about.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:46 pm

Tectorman wrote:Nor do I see one on the above post. The time stamps of these two posts should demonstrate how little time I'm talking about.
Can you post a screenshot?
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:31 pm

I can post a link to the page in my DA account that has the screenshot. Will that do?

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:37 pm

http://tectorman.deviantart.com/art/No- ... 1489462414

I have a weird box at the top with three lines that does nothing when I click on it. If I hold down, it asks me if I want to open some Javascript thing or cancel. If I click "open", it also does nothing. As you can see, there is no pencil button and the time of the post is the very same minute as when I took the screenshot.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:24 am

It's still there for me.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:38 am

Tectorman wrote:http://tectorman.deviantart.com/art/No- ... 1489462414

I have a weird box at the top with three lines that does nothing when I click on it. If I hold down, it asks me if I want to open some Javascript thing or cancel. If I click "open", it also does nothing. As you can see, there is no pencil button and the time of the post is the very same minute as when I took the screenshot.

Even as a mod, I have the same problem on the mobile version of the forum with my iPhone. Try turning your device horizontally, and possibly reloading the page if it doesn't auto expand.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:30 pm

Tectorman wrote:I can post a link to the page in my DA account that has the screenshot. Will that do?
That will do just fine..
TheDevilsCorpse has the same problem so it's definitely something related to safari..
It would help if you could tell more about the JavaScript problem..
I suggest you open your browser, navigate to settings (Should be under preferences)
Then enable JavaScript by the check box..
Depending if a dialogue box pops up or not, save the changes via it..
Finally close the browser and open up fresh..
See if it solves the issue..

If not, open up the action menu in safari and swipe until you see request desktop site..
This will let you edit your post just fine, get out of that mode when you are done

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:55 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Tectorman wrote:http://tectorman.deviantart.com/art/No- ... 1489462414

Even as a mod, I have the same problem on the mobile version of the forum with my iPhone. Try turning your device horizontally, and possibly reloading the page if it doesn't auto expand.
Okay, trying to do that thing. If I'm successful, there'll be another line in this post saying "Test Successful".

Edit: "Test Successful." Thanks