Moderation Updates: 2017 Edition!

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Moderation Updates: 2017 Edition!

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun May 21, 2017 1:50 pm

The gr wrote:I don't know of this is the right place but I'm gonna post it, for some reason I'm seeing the user DBZAOTA482 temporary banned yet he's posting like everyone else here, aren't temporary banned user are not allowed to post again for a while until ban is lifted,and by looking the history of this user,he looks like a nice person
    is this a glitch or an error
    The user title doesn't go away for a couple days. Like last year, I got unbanned on sometime in June, but it didn't go away till July.
    I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

The gr
    I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun May 21, 2017 1:53 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote: The user title doesn't go away for a couple days. Like last year, I got unbanned on sometime in June, but it didn't go away till July.
    Oh so that's the case,I didn't knew,I thought when a user gets unbanned the title would immediately go away
    Mostly active on discord.

Baggie_Saiyan
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun May 21, 2017 2:21 pm

The gr wrote:
    Soppa Saia People wrote: The user title doesn't go away for a couple days. Like last year, I got unbanned on sometime in June, but it didn't go away till July.
    Oh so that's the case,I didn't knew,I thought when a user gets unbanned the title would immediately go away
    I might be wrong but I pretty sure it is done on purpose to remind the poster that they got just got back from a ban and that ban was for a reason.

The gr
    I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun May 21, 2017 2:31 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
    The gr wrote:
    I might be wrong but I pretty sure it is done on purpose to remind the poster that they got just got back from a ban and that ban was for a reason.
    Yeah he was banned for a reason, but I'm not gonna talk about it
      about the official announcement and discussion thread,are we allowed to post our thoughts about the preview yes or no, because I know you can't post your reaction about the current episode there
      Mostly active on discord.

Li'l Lemmy
      I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:22 pm

This discussion reminds me of the Wall of Bans from way back when.

From what I remember, it encouraged people to be idiots. But remembering it makes me feel old school, so...
      Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
      The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

dblack
      Beyond Newbie

Post by dblack » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:47 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Snip*
      dblack wrote:I'd just like to say locking this thread and bashing all the commenters was the lamest thing I've seen a site do in a while. Even bashed the dude for having poor grammar.

Correct way to handle this is DM's, warnings, and bans for repeat offenders. Instead we got scolded by some dude who gets e-hard by throwing his Internet power around. Wanted everyone to read his "clever" comments so he locked it. Embarrassing really.

*shrugs* You're welcome to delete this or ban me or whatever I'm sure it's not the first or last time it will be pointed out that VegettoEX guy is a tool.
      Snip*
      Just now logged in and saw this. Would like to say I appreciate the feedback and understand the situation better from your point of view. I stand by my opinion of that being a poor way to handle the situation but I also realize that you were addressing a long-term issue and respect that you understood the negative look it would give you from an outsiders view. Definitely not my best example of communication and I apologize for the harsh language.

In general I’m impressed with your responses and feel like your actions were much less lame after seeing your side of it. Thanks for the transparency.