Possible glitch with Quote and Spoiler tags

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

cheddarsword
Regular

Possible glitch with Quote and Spoiler tags

Post by cheddarsword » Thu May 04, 2017 9:09 pm

I actually found this by accident. It seems that when you mess up the placement of the Spoiler and Quote tags, all of the text gets sent far right after the... I guess you call it the Avatar box?

Whatever you call it, here's the glitch. Look to the left under the avatar box. Didn't behave THIS badly when I first saw it.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

This is it. It's the text AFTER the mistake that gets pushed to the left. At this point though, you kind of need a size altering tag to fix it.

I WILL say that fixing the placement of the tags fixes the glitch. So at the very least, this is a PSA.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Possible glitch with Quote and Spoiler tags

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:20 pm

I've seen that before. I think one time I was goofing off when I discovered it, and I ended up making a post with that error intentionally. I can't really recall though. :lol:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Possible glitch with Quote and Spoiler tags

Post by Hujio » Thu May 18, 2017 1:59 pm

That's not technically what I'd call a glitch. Not to sound mean, but it's more of a "you screwed up your own post" kind of thing. A glitch would be something that a user has no control over because an admin/designer scripted something incorrectly. In this case, you have complete control over whether it displays properly or not. By placing the closing tag for the spoiler outside the quote, you are prematurely close a tag of a parent element in the page's structure. We cannot be held accountable for a user misplacing a closing tag, just as much as we cannot be held at fault for someone's misspellings. We certainly will correct it if we see it, but there's a reason you should always preview your posts before submitting them.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::