Official Thread for Banned Members?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Official Thread for Banned Members?

Post by Noah » Tue May 16, 2017 4:17 pm

Hello mates! It's been quite a while since the last time I posted in the forum, of course because I was serving to my temporary ban, but this thread is not about complaining about that.

Let's go straight to the point:

When you get banned you see the following advice: "Please contact the Board Administrator for more information."

I did that. I send an email to forum@kanzenshuu.com and I got no response about my cause.

Well, why not make a thread for members that have been banned? Only moderators would be able to post. No gossip, no discussion, just a topic that serves its purposes of control and information.

Something similar to this format e.g:

Member: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=116241

Temporarily Banned until Sat June 10, 2017 4:34 pm.

Motive: Insisting in knee jerk reactions that don't contribute in any discussion.

It would be useful for the banned member to check this thread to know the reasons that led to his punishment and to others know too. For example: I was banned and got a warning from VegettoEX in the day but unfortunately I could only read today.

Just an idea, what you think?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Official Thread for Banned Members?

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue May 16, 2017 5:00 pm

I feel like it would this would be cool. I like seeing why people got banned, because it can get confusing for new members or who weren't active when it happened. Speaking of Bans, it's been almost a year since I got temped banned.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue May 16, 2017 5:19 pm

So did he make this thread before or after he got banned?

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue May 16, 2017 5:21 pm

TheMikado wrote:So did he make this thread before or after he got banned?
After. The user title doesn't go away for a couple days.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue May 16, 2017 6:46 pm

Noah wrote:Hello mates! It's been quite a while since the last time I posted in the forum, of course because I was serving to my temporary ban, but this thread is not about complaining about that.

Let's go straight to the point:

When you get banned you see the following advice: "Please contact the Board Administrator for more information."

I did that. I send an email to forum@kanzenshuu.com and I got no response about my cause.

Well, why not make a thread for members that have been banned? Only moderators would be able to post. No gossip, no discussion, just a topic that serves its purposes of control and information.

Something similar to this format e.g:

Member: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=116241

Temporarily Banned until Sat June 10, 2017 4:34 pm.

Motive: Insisting in knee jerk reactions that don't contribute in any discussion.

It would be useful for the banned member to check this thread to know the reasons that led to his punishment and to others know too. For example: I was banned and got a warning from VegettoEX in the day but unfortunately I could only read today.

Just an idea, what you think?
is good to see a member that is unbanned
    you forgot to add, that pacz360 often do double post and triple post
    Mostly active on discord.

Noah
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue May 16, 2017 6:50 pm

The gr wrote:is good to see a member that is unbanned
      you forgot to add, that pacz360 often do double post and triple post
      Oh, it was just an example I was there reading posts in the Official Announcement Thread a while after he got banned, it was just an assumption, don't even know if he got banned for this reason though
      乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Kamiccolo9
      Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:27 pm

First, it's nobody's business why anyone else got banned. Mike and co. have made that abundantly clear in essentially every thread about banned members ever.

Second, hardly anyone gets flat-out banned. If you've received multiple warnings for something, and then find yourself with a temp- or permanent ban afterwards, then you know full well why you were banned. There doesn't need to be an ongoing dialogue about it.
      Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
      Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
      Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
      Malik_DBNA wrote:
      Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
      "Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Noah
      Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed May 17, 2017 1:02 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:First, it's nobody's business why anyone else got banned. Mike and co. have made that abundantly clear in essentially every thread about banned members ever.

Second, hardly anyone gets flat-out banned. If you've received multiple warnings for something, and then find yourself with a temp- or permanent ban afterwards, then you know full well why you were banned. There doesn't need to be an ongoing dialogue about it.
      First, this thread is just an idea, not even a request.

Second, I just knew what lead to my temporary ban when I got back, I'm not complaining about that I just think it would be nice to have more feedback from the moderators, if they agree or not is up to them. This is a free community and I'm just expressing my thoughts.
      乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Jinzoningen MULE
      I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed May 17, 2017 6:14 pm

I get that it's annoying to not get a response, but this isn't the answer. Making this information public would do nothing but create gossip.
      Retired.

Tian
      Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat May 20, 2017 9:52 pm

There's already a topic (locked) about this : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=433

Soppa Saia People
      I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat May 20, 2017 10:21 pm

Tian wrote:There's already a topic (locked) about this : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=433
      That's from 2004. I know there's a more recent one, that ends with either Mighty's or penguintruth ban.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Kamiccolo9
      Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat May 20, 2017 10:22 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:
      Bardock the Mexican wrote: I mean, that and a kind of 'Hall of Shame' where we could put threads that have been posted by idiots, spammers, and other idiots. We could also use it for anything we don't want in the main areas, like ban threads about members facing bans. I think that it would be a good idea, if anything.
      We already had something similar to that in the past. It was a thread created by Deus entitled "The Wall of Bans". Problem was, after a while, we got people coming here and acting like asses on purpose to get a twisted pleasure out of ending up in there. So ya, it only encourages idiots to act out even more. :?
      viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5713&p=119373&hilit ... ns#p119373
      VegettoEX wrote:
      *PINHEAD* wrote:Haha, the ole' Big Ban Attack. Say...where's the Daizenshuu Wall of Bans?
      Locked, because it encouraged people to be idiots.
      viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2089&p=41376&hilit= ... ans#p41376
      VegettoEX wrote:Disrespectful gossip is disrespectful gossip and is not OK. There is no conversation to be had here, and it's about time it ends.

You're here to discuss Dragon Ball and that alone.
      viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24688&hilit=Wall+of+Bans

Every time something like this comes up, it ends up creating exactly the kind of atmosphere the staff want to avoid here. I'm not even sure what the point of this particular idea is. Banned members know why they are banned. 9 times out of 10, it is because they are being assholes and have got multiple warnings against being assholes. Why does any of this need to be made public to anyone?
      Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
      Malik_DBNA wrote:
      Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Jinzoningen MULE
      I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat May 20, 2017 10:34 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:I'm not even sure what the point of this particular idea is. Banned members know why they are banned. 9 times out of 10, it is because they are being assholes and have got multiple warnings against being assholes. Why does any of this need to be made public to anyone?
      You're being far to generous, treating it as if it weren't already public. Anyone can dig just a little and have a good idea of why a banned member may have gotten themselves punished. In reality, anyone with half a brain would know why they've gotten banned, and if they don't, then I sure as hell don't want them here. As for those who aren't banned, having a public place like this would do nothing but sow gossip, or even animosity.
      Retired.

Kamiccolo9
      Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:23 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
      Kamiccolo9 wrote:I'm not even sure what the point of this particular idea is. Banned members know why they are banned. 9 times out of 10, it is because they are being assholes and have got multiple warnings against being assholes. Why does any of this need to be made public to anyone?
      You're being far to generous, treating it as if it weren't already public. Anyone can dig just a little and have a good idea of why a banned member may have gotten themselves punished. In reality, anyone with half a brain would know why they've gotten banned, and if they don't, then I sure as hell don't want them here. As for those who aren't banned, having a public place like this would do nothing but sow gossip, or even animosity.
      Well yeah, but there's a difference between looking for trends among someone's posts, and having a big glowing neon sign saying "X was banned for _____."
      Malik_DBNA wrote:

Metalwario64
      Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun May 21, 2017 3:03 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
      Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
      Well yeah, but there's a difference between looking for trends among someone's posts, and having a big glowing neon sign saying "X was banned for _____."
      I've sometimes looked through a users post history and never saw anything I thought was ban worthy, maybe because the offending post in question was deleted.

Of course, I've also seen some members completely explode. I've even had one user one day randomly go insane and started harassing me both here and off site because I deleted a crappy version of a redone Kai NEP theme from YouTube.
      "Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
      "90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

floofychan333
      Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:56 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:I feel like it would this would be cool. I like seeing why people got banned, because it can get confusing for new members or who weren't active when it happened. Speaking of Bans, it's been almost a year since I got temped banned.
      I have to disagree with you on this one because I think it would be embarassing for banned users to have other users instantly know how they screwed up. For example, if I got into a long and pointless debate with somebody and got banned for whatever, I wouldn't want users to be able to see that I was "derailing the discussion" or "being a whiny bitch" or whatever. I know admins wouldn't call me a whiny bitch of course, but you probably get the idea of what I'm saying.
      "All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

cheddarsword
      Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sun May 21, 2017 9:13 pm

floofychan333 wrote:
      Soppa Saia People wrote:I feel like it would this would be cool. I like seeing why people got banned, because it can get confusing for new members or who weren't active when it happened. Speaking of Bans, it's been almost a year since I got temped banned.
      I have to disagree with you on this one because I think it would be embarassing for banned users to have other users instantly know how they screwed up. For example, if I got into a long and pointless debate with somebody and got banned for whatever, I wouldn't want users to be able to see that I was "derailing the discussion" or "being a whiny bitch" or whatever. I know admins wouldn't call me a whiny bitch of course, but you probably get the idea of what I'm saying.
      It's called being made an example of. And I think it's a good idea. Look at it this way. If you f*** up, at least someone else may learn from it.