Any way to change or update your username?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Any way to change or update your username?

Post by precita » Sat May 27, 2017 5:00 pm

Other forums generally give you the ability to change your username, or a mod/staff member can do it for you. Is there any way to do it on this forum? If not can it be added?

I don't want to start a brand new account with a different name and lose all the posts, etc. I made here over the last 2 years.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: Any way to change or update your username?

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat May 27, 2017 5:24 pm

No name changes here, we have to live with our mistakes. Pretty sure alternate accounts aren't allowed, either.
Retired.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat May 27, 2017 5:47 pm

Yeah I've read somewhere here that they dont allow that, I really want to change mine as well.

Onibaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Onibaku » Sat May 27, 2017 5:48 pm

The site should have a paid subscription that allows the user to have numerous perks (bigger avy, name changes etc)

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat May 27, 2017 7:23 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:Yeah I've read somewhere here that they dont allow that, I really want to change mine as well.
I don't understand why they don't add it, plenty of forums like this have the feature. There's nothing wrong with wanting a different username after a while.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat May 27, 2017 7:27 pm

I don't really care either way, but I have to admit, sometimes I wish I hadn't haphazardly typed in a variant of a username I hadn't actively used in years when registering here. If I were to register today, I'd use my real name, since I'm not fond of anonymity.
Retired.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sat May 27, 2017 7:40 pm

I can kind of see it being hard to keep track of who you're talking to if everyone had the option to change their names whenever they wanted.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat May 27, 2017 7:52 pm

IIRC last year they let a couple people change their names, and after the update, me and MetaMoss got capital letters added to our names.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat May 27, 2017 10:20 pm

Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun May 28, 2017 3:54 am

Bit disappointed. I mean you can still trace IP's so if people do it to get out of trouble for trolling or whatever the mod staff would still be able to tell it's the same person with a new username.

Some of us might either regret our username we chose to register here or just get bored of it and want a new one, other forums have something like a 1-3 month limit when you change your name so you can't change it again right away either...so something like that could be implemented.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sun May 28, 2017 1:35 pm

There's really no way to change and I'm content with floofychan333, but I've since moved on from using that name on other social media.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon May 29, 2017 11:11 pm

No way to change it, there probably won't be any either.. it would be nice to have it though..
I am fine with Ki Breaker but I will admit, if I knew I can't change the username ever, I would have put more thought behind it
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Generico Garbagio
Beyond Newbie

Post by Generico Garbagio » Tue May 30, 2017 9:21 am

I'm sure if you win a couple million dollars and bribe the admins with a few hundred thousand bucks, they could change it for you. It would be dumb not to, right?

But other than that I don't care either, my name is already perfect.

If you did read it please tell me how.

DrakenballP
Beyond Newbie

Post by DrakenballP » Wed May 31, 2017 8:50 pm

I made "DrakenBallP" just to see if an account would actually get activated. It's not terrible, so I'm content.
"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!" - Goku.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:19 pm

Still chasing after that white whale. I haven't used the "Lemmy" moniker in years.

But, who cares. I've been a consistent advocate for the no change policy in the past despite that it goes against my own interests. ;p
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.