Forum rules questions about a fangame

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gray Riders
Not-So-Newbie

Forum rules questions about a fangame

Post by Gray Riders » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:10 pm

I apologize if this is the wrong section of the forum, but I have a question about the rules and this seemed like the best place to ask.

Not too long ago I discovered a Japanese Dragon Ball Z fangame created with RPG Maker. It's based off the old Famicom/Super Famicom games, using a version of the card system and takes sprites/music from the old games, and even bases the maps in the earlier parts of the game off of them. In many ways it's a fan remake, though it adds a lot of features and uses a more standard stat system instead of the battle power system.

I was wondering if it would be okay to make a topic about this game and provide the download link? If so, should the topic be in the Video Games forum or the Fan Created Works forum?

Thank you in advance.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Re: Forum rules questions about a fangame

Post by floofychan333 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:27 pm

I'm pretty sure a non-licensed game won't go down well with staff here. It does sound interesting but I'm sorry to inform you that it's unlikely you'll be able to share it with anybody because it's not an official game.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:08 pm

That's not true. We have no real issues with fan projects like games being discussed. The only time we've had an issue was when someone registered here for the sole purpose of spamming their bullshit mobile microtransaction game.

A game made in RPG Maker distributed for free? Really not much of an issue to discuss that.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Gray Riders
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gray Riders » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:40 pm

Thanks for the answer!

I'll make the topic soon but I want to finish a guide on how the game is actually played since it wasn't easy to figure out without reading Japanese.