Kanzenshuu mobile app for smartphones

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeztin
I Live Here

Kanzenshuu mobile app for smartphones

Post by Xeztin » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:52 pm

A friend and fellow Kanzenshuu-er brought to my attention it'd be nice to have push notifications from the site of Kazenshuu sent to phones. Has the staff thought of doing a mobile app for the site? For some reason it never crossed my mind as I was perfectly content with the site as it works just fine on safari. (Though mobile push notifications would be amazing.) I assume a mobile app is a lot of work though I wonder if the idea was ever kicked around? :P

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Kanzenshuu mobile app for smartphones

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:57 pm

None of the four of us are app developers and it would take time away from the rest of working on the site itself. We would rather put our efforts toward a more comprehensive site with a continuously-improved responsive design.

The news runs on an RSS feed, which you could theoretically plug into whatever service you want for notifications.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Kanzenshuu mobile app for smartphones

Post by majinwarman » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:35 pm

VegettoEX wrote:None of the four of us are app developers and it would take time away from the rest of working on the site itself. We would rather put our efforts toward a more comprehensive site with a continuously-improved responsive design.

The news runs on an RSS feed, which you could theoretically plug into whatever service you want for notifications.
But could you ask a member of Kannzenshuu who are app developers because I heard that many people would love to work for Kannzenshuu. So, maybe that could be something to look into.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.