Have apparently been on the forum exactly eight years as of today

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Re: Have apparently been on the forum exactly eight years as of today

Post by Kid Buu » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:59 am

Eight years later and you still haven't shown me your Power Levels list. :x
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:01 am

JulieYBM wrote:Have apparently been on the forum exactly nearly twelve years in eighty-two days.

how did i let this happen?
How did we let this happen?
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:54 am

Kid Buu wrote:Eight years later and you still haven't shown me your Power Levels list. :x
My power levels list is kept in a safety deposit box and the only thing I can tell you is that Mauve Umigame is either higher or lower than you think.

Envy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Envy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:55 pm

I've posted very little and very sporadically, but we joined the forums around the same time.

Eight years, huh? This whole time passing thing is starting to get to me. It's going too fast.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:27 am

Cipher wrote:
Kid Buu wrote:Eight years later and you still haven't shown me your Power Levels list. :x
My power levels list is kept in a safety deposit box and the only thing I can tell you is that Mauve Umigame is either higher or lower than you think.
Is this the same safety deposit box where Toriyama wrote what level of Suupaa Saiya-jin Gohan was against Dabura?
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:39 am

I do think it's all about pacing. I only posted as much as I did yesterday because there was (and still is as of this post) an incredibly long rainstorm coming through here so I wasn't able to get done everything I wanted to do outside leading me to be on my phone more than usual.

On normal days where there aren't areal flood watches though I post maybe 1 to 3 times a day.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:16 am

Meh, post count. From mine you'd never guess I'd been here for over 10 years!

Only recently have I started to feel mature enough to actually contribute more; before, I often felt as though I wasn't able to word my thoughts properly. Looking at how professionally VegettoEX & co. carry themselves in their posts and their fandom in general, I've always kind of held myself to that standard. So I only speak up if I feel like I have something substantial to contribute. That applies not just to this forum, but the internet as a whole and even real life, really.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:41 am

It kinda feels weird, seeing people who have bee on this Forum/DaizEX Forum since around the time I was born!

I was born May 12, 2004 and I am 13.

I'm currently at a alright posting rate, 845 posts in One year, Four months, and Thirteen Days. Though I haven't bee that active lately due to School and stuff. (I also have't watched DBS since Episode 104. Yeesh!)

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:32 am

Once you are at Kanzenshuu, you can never leave. :lol:

Well, not exactly but this site usually has some interesting stuff that makes you stick around.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:55 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Ki Breaker reminds me of GmGoken that dude posted so much in a short amount of time and looks like he got burned out and just vanished! The key to Kanzenshuu seems to be pace, I like to think I paced myself fine these 4+ years nowadays I only visit here out of boredom instead of necessity.
The poster Lord Beerus too. He's surprassed Jacob's post in even less time.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:52 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Ki Breaker reminds me of GmGoken that dude posted so much in a short amount of time and looks like he got burned out and just vanished! The key to Kanzenshuu seems to be pace, I like to think I paced myself fine these 4+ years nowadays I only visit here out of boredom instead of necessity.
The poster Lord Beerus too. He's surprassed Jacob's post in even less time.
Yeah those guys were monsters at post rate!

My eight will be coming up in a few months. Was a lurker about a few years before that until I had some good stuff to say. I believe the Ocean Kai thread forced me to join. Wow, that was about eight years ago... what a shame it still isn't out.
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:Meh, post count. From mine you'd never guess I'd been here for over 10 years!

Only recently have I started to feel mature enough to actually contribute more; before, I often felt as though I wasn't able to word my thoughts properly. Looking at how professionally VegettoEX & co. carry themselves in their posts and their fandom in general, I've always kind of held myself to that standard. So I only speak up if I feel like I have something substantial to contribute. That applies not just to this forum, but the internet as a whole and even real life, really.
That profile picture has been around just as long, if I'm not mistaken.
simtek34 wrote:It kinda feels weird, seeing people who have bee on this Forum/DaizEX Forum since around the time I was born!

I was born May 12, 2004 and I am 13.

I'm currently at a alright posting rate, 845 posts in One year, Four months, and Thirteen Days. Though I haven't bee that active lately due to School and stuff. (I also have't watched DBS since Episode 104. Yeesh!)
I don't mean to be rude, but I always find it strange that people were born after 1999 :lol:

What really makes me think is that a generation of people have grown up never knowing a world without Youtube or Facebook (and smart phones)... which is just an alien concept to me.

I love this thread though. I get to see a few people post here that I haven't seen regularly since the early part of this decade. I really do miss the old DaizEX and that blue colour palette.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:42 pm

I was in third grade, only 9 years old when the first ones joined the forum. Never even had heard of Internet that time, but I had got PlayStation 1 though. To think I'll probably turn 23 this year... :o

As for the number of posts, well, while it might be surprising if you have more than "XXXX" posts, I bet at least half of them don't actually add something substantial, they're one-liners and such. Don't get mad at me, but it's nearly impossible to get numbers of posts so high in such a short time without doing these kind of posts, not that I personally have something against it, I myself do it sometimes and some little jokes.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:41 pm

It is strange to think some people where still in their mother's wombs or sperm in their dad's balls while most of us was typing on this forum. It's already strange enough that people born in 2000 are now 18 and people born in 1997 are now old enough to drink. People born in 1997 where still in Elementary School when I was in High School.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:44 pm

People born in 1999 are old enough to be buying cigarettes, R+rated movies and medicine from me.

Also, Cipher, spending eight straight years in front of a computer would have killed you by now. Don't lie. We all know you had to have gotten up!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:19 pm

I've been on other boards like IGN since the year 2000. Time moves fast as an adult, I've been in Dragonball fandom since the early 2000's too when the original FUNi dubs were going on.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:09 am

Just hit the five-year mark, myself.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:28 am

JulieYBM wrote:My account is nearly old enough to be my middle schooler imouto with suspiciously large boobs, now that I think about it.
This sentence seriously creeps me the fuck out.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:45 am

Sailor Haumea wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:My account is nearly old enough to be my middle schooler imouto with suspiciously large boobs, now that I think about it.
This sentence seriously creeps me the fuck out.
I appreciate your feedback and the length you went to to so eloquently express your rigorous assessment of this nearly seventh-month old post drenching with sub-cultural self-aware humor on this forum for a Japanese children's cartoon.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:23 am

JulieYBM wrote:I appreciate your feedback and the length you went to to so eloquently express your rigorous assessment of this nearly seventh-month old post drenching with sub-cultural self-aware humor on this forum for a Japanese children's cartoon.
To be fair, it was in poor taste at best.

I hit my eleven year mark on this forum in January. It was the tail end of the PS2 era and Bush was President. I was definitely a troublesome little shit back then. A couple years ago I got a bit paranoid because I noticed most people had been here since 2010 or newer; made me feel old and like everyone else had moved on. Oh well, I’m over it.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:50 am

I joined the site when I was a chubby 14 year old entering high school, who loved gaming and shit. Now, I'm a less chubby, 17 year old, who doesn't like gaming and loves music. I don't really post much now, but I check the site every day, and it's been a pretty consistent thing in my life since 2015. Obvs ain't even close to some people's time here, just thought it was interesting.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸