At which point does one obtain the right to use a larger avatar?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kokonoe
Not Banned

At which point does one obtain the right to use a larger avatar?

Post by Kokonoe » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:19 am

I noticed some users have avatars that exceed 100x100 and I couldn't find anything regarding this. Is it a certain amount of posts? Thanks.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Re: At which point does one obtain the right to use a larger avatar?

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:19 pm

The forum only just recently received an update to use avatars larger than the 100 x 100's, and it happened without fanfare so I suspect most just haven't decided to try any. There is nothing special about it that I am aware of.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:46 pm

Kokonoe wrote:I noticed some users have avatars that exceed 100x100 and I couldn't find anything regarding this. Is it a certain amount of posts? Thanks.
It only works on a vertical aspect ratio. If you have a vertical avatar, and you set the size to 100x100, it will shrink down to 100 horizontal pixels and however many vertical pixels that are needed to keep the aspect ratio the same, which will exceed the 100 pixel limit vertically.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:50 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
Kokonoe wrote:I noticed some users have avatars that exceed 100x100 and I couldn't find anything regarding this. Is it a certain amount of posts? Thanks.
It only works on a vertical aspect ratio. If you have a vertical avatar, and you set the size to 100x100, it will shrink down to 100 horizontal pixels and however many vertical pixels that are needed to keep the aspect ratio the same, which will exceed the 100 pixel limit vertically.
Thanks! Now if maybe we can get an upgrade from 10kb to 30kb someday. :D

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:53 pm

Kokonoe wrote:Now if maybe we can get an upgrade from 10kb to 30kb someday. :D
I don't think the 10 KB limit is anything to worry about - I've seen GIF avatars much, much larger than that!
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:03 am

Kokonoe wrote:Now if maybe we can get an upgrade from 10kb to 30kb someday. :D
I never had any issues using higher sizes..
Most of my gifs are above 1 mb, even reaching upto 7 mb in some instances..
Metalwario64 wrote:
This trick only works with avatars within a specific width range..
Exceeding the limit shortens the height considerably even if nothing else is changed..
It's possible to also make it work in horizontal aspect ratio but that requires mobile view active..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker