Ever wonder what Sanji (One Piece) would sound like saying Kamehameha?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Ever wonder what Sanji (One Piece) would sound like saying Kamehameha?

Post by tinlunlau » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Please relocate this thread to wherever you find appropriate, VegettoEX.

I am admittedly a huge Stephen Chow fan as well as being a Dragon Ball fan. There's been a surge of Japanese dubbed Stephen Chow video clips being uploaded on YouTube these days but this one is really takes the cake. So I thought I might as well share it with you guys here. In this particular scene, Tong Pak-Fu (as played here by Stephen Chow) has to guess where his bride is and he was forced to maneuver his secret technique. He does the Kamehameha here. Stephen Chow was voiced over by Hiroaki Hirata for the Japanese dub of The Flirting Scholar.

https://youtu.be/BCaM7b_p1Ws
The world is your's.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Re: Ever wonder what Sanji (One Piece) would sound like saying Kamehameha?

Post by Kunzait_83 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:41 pm

Haha, yeah I talked a bit about Stephen Chow's impact on Wuxia films and Kong Kong cinema in the Wuxia thread, and also used The Flirting Scholar as an example of his particular style of martial arts comedy (which has all kinds of direct parallels with Dragon Ball's: Chow's always been a huge fan of the series). I even gifed this exact scene in question.

http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Ever wonder what Sanji (One Piece) would sound like saying Kamehameha?

Post by tinlunlau » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:07 am

Stephen Chow seemed like a huge Shonen Jump reader. I recall him talking about City Hunter like a scholar in Fight Back To School 2. Also worth a mention that he has a huge collection of Shonen Jump tankoubon in his office if you take a look at his remastered dvd interviews.
The world is your's.