Is changing auto-corrected names against the rules/guidelines?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Avenant
Beyond Newbie

Is changing auto-corrected names against the rules/guidelines?

Post by Avenant » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:18 pm

I don't know if it's appropriate to post here, but I recently commented on a thread asking Kanzenshuu users what part of DragonBall was released on/around your birth-week (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39826&start=100). After I made my post, I noticed that the forum post automatically corrected KriIIen to Kuririn. Because I don't personally refer to him as the latter, I purposely edited my comment and replaced each lower-cased "L" with an upper-case "i" so that his name appears as KriIIen, since the upper-cased "i" can appear as a lower-cased "L".

My question is, is this against the rules/guidelines? I searched and searched but could find no information regarding this and just want to make sure I'm not breaking any forum rules/guidelines. Reading "Kuririn" every time throws me off and I personally prefer the Americanized version. But I also do not want any strikes against my account. Does anyone have any information or insight into this very minor issue?
"Tell me, is it slavery if you get what you want?"

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Is changing auto-corrected names against the rules/guidelines?

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:24 pm

"Krillen" is not a legitimate spelling of the character's name.

Kuririn's name in FUNimation's English dub is "Krillin".

Certain spellings and mis-spellings are auto-corrected to names in line with this website's style guide, as noted in the forum rules.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Avenant
Beyond Newbie

Re: Is changing auto-corrected names against the rules/guidelines?

Post by Avenant » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:41 pm

VegettoEX wrote:"Krillen" is not a legitimate spelling of the character's name.

Kuririn's name in FUNimation's English dub is "Krillin".

Certain spellings and mis-spellings are auto-corrected to names in line with this website's style guide, as noted in the forum rules.
Oops, I can't believe I spelled it Krill-en instead of Krill-in. That's my bad! I guess I know now that it will not auto-correct Krillin to Kuririn. Thank you!
"Tell me, is it slavery if you get what you want?"