Chapter/Episode page layout suggestion

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Chapter/Episode page layout suggestion

Post by KBABZ » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:10 pm

This is a suggestion that's been on my mind for a while and I wanted to type it out. I think the arrow links to the next/previous Episode/Chapter should also be at the top of an Episode/Chapter page. I think this would be a good idea because when skimming through episodes and looking for the one I'm looking for (or comparing dates), it's often a bit labourious to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page for these controls, or manually type in the next/previous number in the URL. This is especially prevalent on episode pages because they have the entire credits list at the bottom.

Making such an adjustment probably involves a bunch of re-jiggering the site code or something, but I thought I'd put the suggestion on the table anyway.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Chapter/Episode page layout suggestion

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:12 pm

We do actually have some new navigation coming to guide pages specifically, so that's something cool to look forward to!

That being said, the left and right keyboard arrows by themselves actually work as for going forward and backward, too (probably depending on your browser... I dunno, Heath coded it all!).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:16 pm

VegettoEX wrote:That being said, the left and right keyboard arrows by themselves actually work as for going forward and backward, too (probably depending on your browser... I dunno, Heath coded it all!).
*gives it a try*

...SWEET MONKEY KING JESUS THAT IS COOL! That'll seriously come in handy later. For the record, I'm using the latest version of Firefox, so it still works there.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:04 am

Ah, yes. This is something I've actually been toiling with for a while now; pretty much ever since we launched the site. But there's only so much time in the day. Nevertheless, as Mike already alluded to, additional guide navigation will be coming at some point. Hopefully sooner than later, actually.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::