"Movie Review(s) of Awesomeness" Podcast segment idea

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

John Pannozzi
Beyond Newbie

"Movie Review(s) of Awesomeness" Podcast segment idea

Post by John Pannozzi » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:04 pm

Hey, Mike & co., I have an idea for a segment to do once Jeff and you guys are done with GT:

A series of reviews for the various DB movies! Cover all DB & DBZ animated movies (1986 to 2015), with each individual entry covering about 2-4 movies apiece (except for DBZ Movie 8, the 10th Anniversary Movie, Battle of Gods and Resurrection "F", which would warrant their own standalone reviews due to being feature-length). Also, put in the Bardock, Future Trunks, Goku Jr. (maybe review this one as part of the GT reviews, either in-between GT episodes 41 & 42, or alongside the final batch of GT episodes), Goku & Friends Return, and Episode of Bardock specials. Maybe both versions of Plan to Eradicate the (Super) Saiyans and the Dream 9 Crossover Special with One Piece & Toriko could also be covered.

Though, I wonder whether the DB Super Anime or its manga counterpart is more worthy of getting its own Reviews of Awesomeness... The Anime is source material is these case, but you've reviewed more manga than anime with Jeff... In any case, I'd like to see the Jaco Manga and DB Minus reviewed.
Admin of the Dr. Slump Wiki.

I have a nostalgic soft spot for the Dragon Ball 10th anniversary movie. Ditto the Buu saga.

完全集のメンバー。

Friends don't lie.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: "Movie Review(s) of Awesomeness" Podcast segment idea

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:57 pm

We've definitely hit the movies in bits and pieces over the last 12ish years. Some of our earliest conversations were about the movies, so there have probably been entire generations of listeners that have come and gone and never heard that. And hey, those conversations are a lifetime ago in internet years, so maybe we'll revisit them someday?

We reviewed Jaco the Galactic Patrolman on Episode #0345. I also actually wrote a review, too, which is here on the site. Julian wrote a companion piece in our 30th anniversary magazine, as well.

We reviewed the Bardock TV special on Episode #0187.

We reviewed the Trunks TV special on Episode #0113, and then again (I think accidentally?) on Episode #0213.

We reviewed the 2008 JSAT special on Episode #0153, and then again for its five-year anniversary on Episode #0348. What the Hell, we might even do a ten-year look-back later this year. Why not?!

We reviewed Episode of Bardock on Episode #0282 (following a review of the manga version on Episode #0271).

We reviewed Battle of Gods three times: the Japanese theatrical release on Episode #0328, the Japanese home video release on Episode #0344, and the extended edition on Episode #0368.

We reviewed Resurrection 'F' three times: its Japanese theatrical preview screening on Episode #0378, its American subtitled theatrical screening the next week on Episode #0379, and then even one based on its English dubbed theatrical screening on Episode #0387.

We reviewed the original Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans on Episode #0235, and the Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans remake on Episode #0238.

The Dragon Ball GT TV special will indeed be a part of the current, on-going review. I haven't decided where I want to place it, but I'm leaning toward broadcast order right now.

We reviewed the four Battle of Gods-based Dragon Ball Super manga chapters on Episode #0389; we will be going back and doing formal reviews of the manga arcs after this once the TV series wraps up.

Jeff is even on some of the aforementioned review episodes.

(Side note: we actually have a "Reviews" sub-page in the "Podcast" section that lists all this stuff!)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:37 pm

VegettoEX wrote:We reviewed the 2008 JSAT special on Episode #0153, and then again for its five-year anniversary on Episode #0348. What the Hell, we might even do a ten-year look-back later this year. Why not?!
...You just had to make me realize that special was ten years old now, didn't you. HOLY. CRAP. :crazy: How...I don't...how does the flow of time even work?!

My existential crisis aside, it's not a review, but I believe there was also a podcast that talked about the movie villains and which ones had the most depth or best aspirations or something like that? I think I remember that one mostly because it was one of the few times I actually 'wrote in' a reply and suggested Garlic Jr. as he was the only villain that got his wish for immortality (this being the pre-Super days so no Zamasu of course). Not 100% sure I still stand by that as a reason for 'depth' though...hmm.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:10 am

There's also the brief rundown of Dragon Ball Movie 1 (before it was re-released in the States) on Episode #112, and of course the ever hysterical review of The Magic Begins on #104!

John Pannozzi
Beyond Newbie

Post by John Pannozzi » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:14 am

^ Which of the above reviews included Jeff, BTW?
Admin of the Dr. Slump Wiki.

I have a nostalgic soft spot for the Dragon Ball 10th anniversary movie. Ditto the Buu saga.

完全集のメンバー。

Friends don't lie.