Was this site more active before?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Was this site more active before?

Post by PFM18 » Thu May 03, 2018 12:07 am

I am not sure if I am imagining things but it seems that this forum isn't really that active. You don't see that many people on at one time, and the last post on an entire page is sometimes weeks prior at a time. I noticed that it had the most online ever in 2016 at the 4855 figure. Why would it be more active then? It is a shame that other DB forums I see are a lot more active because this one seems to have the most intelligent discussion.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Re: Was this site more active before?

Post by mute_proxy » Thu May 03, 2018 5:54 am

Dragon Ball Super had it's first new arc that wasnt a movie retelling in 2016. People are mostly active when there is new material to discuss. The anime ended, now we chat when new manga chapters arrive (are nearing). Or the video game section, discussing upcoming DLCs and stuff. Old topics have been discussed to hell during 20 years of this place, so that's probably another reason.

Kakacarrottop
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakacarrottop » Wed May 09, 2018 3:50 am

PFM18 wrote:I am not sure if I am imagining things but it seems that this forum isn't really that active. You don't see that many people on at one time, and the last post on an entire page is sometimes weeks prior at a time. I noticed that it had the most online ever in 2016 at the 4855 figure. Why would it be more active then? It is a shame that other DB forums I see are a lot more active because this one seems to have the most intelligent discussion.
This site has a higher than average number of users in Europe and South America, so time zones probably play a role in the lack of constant activity.
"I will literally dress as Goku and walk around jumping up and down, pretending to fly, in public if this ever gets an official release"

- ShadowDude112 on Ocean's Kai dub

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Fri May 18, 2018 9:21 am

Kakacarrottop wrote:
PFM18 wrote:I am not sure if I am imagining things but it seems that this forum isn't really that active. You don't see that many people on at one time, and the last post on an entire page is sometimes weeks prior at a time. I noticed that it had the most online ever in 2016 at the 4855 figure. Why would it be more active then? It is a shame that other DB forums I see are a lot more active because this one seems to have the most intelligent discussion.
This site has a higher than average number of users in Europe and South America, so time zones probably play a role in the lack of constant activity.
That is a good point.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.